• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Triage X Episode 1:

This is from the creator of High School of The Dead isn't it. Anyway, I expected trash and I am not disappointed as the author very clearly needs to get laid. Funny thing is I still didn't find this as over the top or offensive as Food Wars.

Triage X Episode 1:

This is from the artist of High School of The Dead isn't it. Anyway, I expected trash and I am not disappointed as the author very clearly needs to get laid. Funny thing is I still didn't find this as over the top or offensive as Food Wars.

Fixed for accuracy.

Cornbread78

You know, there are quite a lot of people who ship Araragi with Hanekawa. Or with Shinobu. There is quite a big possibility that you read something like that...

That or people just trolling.

I am at a loss here. Don't trust the internet?

Ugghh, I guess I'm at a loss then, I hit started up the Shinobu arc, I like her as a character as well, so it's all good. Nice backstory so far.

Fox318

I want a Haru bday item :( good outfit.
CCFlyCxXIAA7qYx.jpg:large

I thought you liked Rin?

Puruzi

Banned
Triage X 1

Praise Xebec. Kanokon, Ladies Versus Butlers, Maken Ki 2, the To love Ru series, Uppotte and now this. Xebec is godlike. My second favorite show this season so far after Show by Rock. BDs WHEN?

cajunator

Banned
The arrow outfit is much more hilarious. *NSFW*

This is gross.

Yup avoiding this.

Wish Upon the Pleiades begins streaming today on CR! 3:15 ET

This, on the other hand, I will watch to completion!

I think it is a bit more profound this season since we are coming off the back of some very strong seasons beforehand.

Possibly, but I dont see how it is all that different from past seasons. Perhaps to you personally.

This looks like a sweet story. It also looks a bit like Chihayafuru artwise and Im totally going to confuse it with Monogatari arcs :(

phaze

Sound! Euphonium 01

Right, the production values are certainly there and it even seems to take its music angle fairly seriously but this just doesn't seem to be my cup of coffee at all.

Still no info on Soul of Gold. :(

PK Gaming

Sound Euphonium! 1

That was a good watch. I can already tell that i'm going to really enjoy the coming episodes.

Sound! Euphonium - 01

F7BSWe8.png

-This show makes me nostalgic as fuck. All these situations are realistic for a real band. The competitions, tears, emotions, rankings, a contrabass for a concert band... All there.
-Conducting animation didn't line up with the performance at the start. The one at the end did.
-The audio performance was as bad as Kumika thought it was lol. I'm glad they did bad studio recordings for the bad performances in the show. I don't know if normal people can tell or not, but yes, it was accurate. It was cool that they even got a fast-tempo piece closing conducting style correct for how you finish a piece for the Offenbach at the end.
-They actually took the time to say that a baritone and euphonium are different instruments.
-Dat tuner
-Dat background audio and general band room pre-rehearsal warmup
-Tuning the concert band with a b-flat from a b-flat clarinet (the audio was actually a b-flat too). Concert bands use this pitch compared to orchestras, which tune on A starting with an oboe moving from winds to strings, who then will tune all of their open strings accordingly.
-Dat 4th valve on the euphonium.
-Those performance markings on her sheet music.
-Those trombone slide positions!
-Sucking at trying to buzz in a mouthpiece for a beginner; The struggle is real for many newbies. I loved the learning how to buzz section. Though, using a V isn't the best method for a beginner lol. Making a tight circle with your thumb and pointer finger is way easier.
-Onee-chan is rocking a high-quality trombone. Dat trigger.
-I can't fucking believe they actually used an Alfred Reed arrangement/edit. Like holy shit. I performed that version for concert bands at least 6 times over my time as a performer. He's a prolific concert band arranger/composer. I'm really excited that they will be using legit concert band arrangements and compositions.
-Even their seating arrangements are spot on. It is odd to be using tiered podiums, though this could be a Japanese thing.
-Where are the french horns (which is supposed to be called just horn, for all you who don't know)? There are horns in concert settings.
-They have way too many saxophones lol. Like jesus.

This will probably be my favorite show this season on premise and art alone.

Awesome analysis. I don't think I caught any of that, but it's nice to see that they did their homework.

Monogatari ep. 1-15:
I mean, the entire series has been pretty twisted thus far at times, which is great, but this whole "Monogatari" series has become really dark and dire to our main protag. They made it as a joke at the end of the "Medusa" arc, but that truly feels what they are trying to do at this point. I don;t like the overall tone of it at this point, and to me, it feels like cheap story telling by creating
the worst possible outcomes for each of the previously helped friends
out of nowhere, I don't know, these arcs have a totally different feel to them than the previous ones and not in a good way. I thought you'll said I would be happy with these? Ugghh, it's like a mix of Madoka and the School Days right now. I think I'm going to lose my head watching the rest of these.

It's not all doom and gloom, it gets better. Monogatari is an optimistic series after all.

You'd better watch Hanamonogatari or i'll mess you up.

Midonin

Wish Upon the Pleiades 01

The short-form series was a nice concept, and expanding that into 12 episodes' worth of content mostly means expanding it by character. Subaru's a pretty typical pink magical girl heroine, and the rest of the team had their personalities at least roughly sketched out. I love how they all have different types of hats, too.

There's been so many variations of magical girls between YuYuYu, Twintails, Earth Defense Club and even Nanoha Vivid that Pleiades feels like the first magical girl series in a while that's a more traditional magical girl series. It's good to go back to the basics. I stand by the Nanatsuiro Drops comparisons, though the scenes with Subaru and Minato talking in the observatory remind me of Amu's scenes in Shugo Chara.

I also love the elasticity that their magic circles have, and the show looks pretty too. I'm one of the few who liked Stella C3, and Magical Girl Wars was at least conceptually interesting, so I think Gainax can still create a winner. This has potential. I'm saying that at least in part because I'm biased towards magical girl shows, and why not? You get action, cuteness and deep emotions. That's a recipe for a good time!

Edit: Urawa no Usagi-chan shorts added to CR.

Ore Monogatari 1:
This was pretty sweet. Morio Asaka can always be counted on for a classy show, and this wasn't an exception. The visuals were nice, and the music was pretty effective. The first episode sets up the characters well, and the humorous moments all worked pretty well. I already feel like I'm invested in these characters and what will happen with them. If there's one anime staff I trust to put together a good shoujo series, it's this one, and a lot of people seem to really like the manga, so I think things are definitely looking up.

Cornbread78

Monogatari ep.17-20:
I'm growing into a big softie for sure... Episode 20 had me on the brink of tears, I mean, damn, that ending and
Yotsugi helping Hachikuji give Araragi that goodbye, "I loved You" kiss
instead of the normal play on words exchange. Holy crap that was a real tear jerker, but it was a good way for her to depart, but damn, I wasn't expecting that type of sadness right there, but it makes perfectly sense for the story line as they thought that was going to happen immediately after they first solved her issues. Thinking though, they never do quite say where
Shinobu
went off to after the encounter.... I'm going to wait to watch the last arc tomorrow, I'm still in fear at what the ending brings, but.... This section was well written and well done. I need a tissue to wipe my eyes now...

Thoraxes

Oh man, my Ponycanyon sets of Denki-Gai v1 and YuYuYu v1 came in today and holy shit are they nice.

I'll do a photo-shoot when I get home from work tonight.

Ore Monogatari - 01

I like it. Looks like an interesting mix of people. Comedy was alright, I wasn't laughing but I got a few smiles here and there.
Yamato was very cute with her expressions and gestures. Opening with the story was neat.

Jarmel

Banned
Ore Monogatari-1

I hope this gets better as I found this mindblowingly boring. There's like zero draw to this.

Also the female lead VA is already annoying, her voice is just too high pitch.

Ore Monogatari - 01

Solid start and, as expected, the direction seems to be quite good. It was only moderately funny so far but can't expect much in the first episode when the comedy relies on the characters which have to be properly established first.

Rainy

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 1

This show is certainly something. I'll probably keep watching.

Gundam 00 1

First Gundam series I watched in a first time, it was interesting.

Enron

Banned
So, uhm....remember when me and firehawk said shirobako was just a waifu show, and the thread got mad?

So now there's pervy shirobako dakis. Yeah. Totally not a waifu show, guys.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh my god, Gintama is the best anime ever. The misdirection in the final act of the episode fucking slayed me. I'm so glad it's back.

So, uhm....remember when me and firehawk said shirobako was just a waifu show, and the thread got mad?

lol

It's metatextual commentary on the corrupt nature of the anime industry!

Theonik

There is dakis of every show. Even DTL daki.
Troll harder

Midonin

Mikagura School Suite 01

Now I've got it pegged to what this reminds me of. Baka Test. The school system is pretty similar. The visual style and sense of humor - while not quite I Can't Believe It's Not Shaft - does have some great expressions and a really fun atmosphere. Then there's Eruna. She may be one of my favorite heroines this season. A bit of a slacker, but she's got passion. And a tendency for yuri fantasies. I don't even need to use my goggles, she's got hers permanently attached. While it won't be a breakout like Euphonium, I can see it being a good show to watch weekly just to see what happens next.

Also, kudos to Juri Kimura for getting another lead role.

Feels good to be caught up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is dakis of every show. Even DTL daki.
Troll harder
I just wonder how the characters in the show would feel about being commodified by otaku. :p

----

I guess I fell into the trap that Ore Monogatari is about, in that I judged the book by its cover. It seems to be an okay premise, but I'm worried that the show will turn out to be another One Week Friends where the show becomes a pointless non-love triangle based entirely on the lack of movement on behalf of the main character.

That, and the opening prologue seemed way too on the nose. If that's how the manga started, I guess it makes sense since you are trying to convince readers to stick with you from month to month or however often the chapters comes out, but they probably might have considered cutting it from the anime.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Ore Monogatari-1

I hope this gets better as I found this mindblowingly boring. There's like zero draw to this.

Also the female lead VA is already annoying, her voice is just too high pitch.

Ore Monogatari - 01

Solid start and, as expected, the direction seems to be quite good. It was only moderately funny so far but can't expect much in the first episode when the comedy relies on the characters which have to be properly established first.

Dat hivemind.

Really enjoyed the adaptation. Can't wait for more.

Enron

Banned
Just for laughs........

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147672086&postcount=4458

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147672251&postcount=4459

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147672302&postcount=4461

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147672551&postcount=4464

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147673583&postcount=4471

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147673592&postcount=4472

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147675869&postcount=4485

Explain this, then!

The first wave of Shirobako hug pillow covers will include designs for Aoi, Ema, Yano, and Ogasawara (Gothloli).

Each pillow cover will cost 12,960 yen (~$110). The first wave is set to come out in May. Pre-orders will open on April 11th.

The design for the Aoi pillow cover has been revealed, with the rest to follow shortly.

<images way too hot to link here for shame animeGAF for SHAME>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom