• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't understand why you guys are drumming this shit up so much.

This yuriish relationship has gone on to define what Sound! Euphonium is, is not, might be and there is a strong emotional investment in all of that. Also, well, we got Crunchyroll using it as an example of a lesbian coupling on this historic day. Also, that gets into the one of the bigger problems this series has, it does an excellent job of showcasing concert band but there isn't a lot of meat on that subject matter unless you know some stuff about it. That makes for interesting review reading but not all that hot of a discussion topic, relationships are a universal language.

A) You're confusing FMA 03 with FMA Brotherhood (the more manga-faithful adaptation)

B)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is created/written by Hirohiko Araki. Full Metal Alchemist was created/written by Hiromu Arakawa. These people have fucking names, they aren't nameless mass of "the writers". USE THEIR NAMES!

BroHood
had that entity opening the door in space!

Show by Rock!! END

That was a really cute and surprisingly entertaining show. Cyan's "final form" and The Presidents real form were great to see. Wish we got more Angelica throughout the show, shes badass.

I had a lot of fun with this. Good stuff.

So will people be more mad if it ends with a confirmed yuri ending, a teased yuri ending, or a confirmed no yuri ending?

Honestly, I don't care as long as the ending doesn't come off as an asspull. It's the emphasis on the relationship existing or not existing over the rest of the show that's annoying to me, not the result.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
All this talk of yuri and I havent started on sound yet.
I am watching something that has just the lightest bara and yaoi undertones tho.
Ore Monogatari episode 8
dwjkXDk.jpg

Bromance too stronk

Also the bara bar is the highlight of this episode, hilarious.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know how you wrote anything about Vividred without using the word "butts" but you pulled it off. Now go watch Strike Witches where the mind of two butt lovers' (one of them being Vividred director/character designer Takamura-sama!) desires clash into the best thing.

Hehee
*squeezes Zachy
He would love Strike Witches I think!

Honestly, I don't know what words I can use without getting banned or warnings or anything like that. I wanted to gif so many scenes but it's NSFW and all that =(. The ecchi in Vividred is fantastic and all the hot pants shots are just incredible.

I sort of forget to include what I thought about the ecchi too, the outlines and everything, hehehe. I did love it all though, ecchi is the reason that I wanted to watch it in the first place.

Dont worry much., Just use your good judgement and dont post lewd things. If its questionable best not to post it.

Literally the only thing I know about Vividred is that .gif that has the push here sticker on someone's ass

A great gif that is too.

Crocodile

BroHood
had that entity opening the door in space!

I thought you were talking about the
Rocket sub-plot from the FMA 03 movie.
What you're complaining about doesn't make sense though because that was
completely the result of alchemy which doesn't follow real world science anyway.
and as such its irrelevant if the world is set in early twentieth century "not Germany".

Sigh, still no SNAFU. And since I am doing open to close I will only be able to watch tomorrow night. Guess I won't be able to come around here until then if the episode drops. Same can be said of Plastic Memories, since that drops before my shift ends. So this is goodbye friends. Talk to you all tomorrow, once I watch and cry my eyes out.

I coudn't care less who wins/loses and I know how the shipping world works :p I just enjoy seeing melt downs like what happened when Naruto ended and NaruSaku fans imploded

That was the only meltdown I've ever enjoyed, because Sakura was a shit character, and then a lot of the Sakura fans turned out to also be terrible.

The amount of sodium produced was utterly legendary, and ultimately made the 15 years of shit worth it.

cajunator

Banned
Gonna miss the Shokugeki no Soma ending.

Really liked how it managed to compliment scenes into making them more memorable like the humming duet and with the latest Eggs Benedict-sama

The only way that I will begin to like Erina is if she renounces her bitchiness and gets cat ears. I could see myself forgiving her if those conditions were met.

Welp, I've finished up Aria, Phi Brain, and Shirokuma Cafe. I'm declaring this backlog season a success.

In the anime game, we are all winners. Never forget that!

Cornbread78

Mashiroiro Symphony ep 7-END
Well,this was a little different from your normal harem anime, the MC actually chose a girl, freakin' amazing!!! The final 6 episodes were a mix of your normal harem love drama with some outside events with the animals. The MC'S sister is also a great wingman! I gotta say, the girl I thought should have won didn't, but I was fine with the outcome, it was sweet.

zulux21

Anime may not need saving but this summer season might there are very few new anime that really pique my interest.

for me this looks like one of the more interesting summer seasons in a while. I was surprised with how many shows I was interested in checking out.

Cornbread78

Sigh, still no SNAFU. And since I am doing open to close I will only be able to watch tomorrow night. Guess I won't be able to come around here until then if the episode drops. Same can be said of Plastic Memories, since that drops before my shift ends. So this is goodbye friends. Talk to you all tomorrow, once I watch and cry my eyes out.

Yeah, I have a busy day tomorrow from graduation parties, then end of year soccer parties to a Revolution soccer game at night, so I won't be able to cry through Plastic Memories until this time tomorrow!

Its more likely it will be up at 3am on Wednesday because I have the day off.

I meant to ask earlier, but do we have a full list of which streaming service picked up the new shows this summer yet?

Risette

A Good Citizen
what order do I watch gatchaman crowds in? 1-11 then the DC of 12 or do I need to watch all the eps and the director's cut of ep12 to get all of the show? why is this so confusing??

Yeah, I have a busy day tomorrow from graduation parties, then end of year soccer parties to a Revolution soccer game at night, so I won't be able to cry through Plastic Memories until this time tomorrow!

I'll be glad to keep you company then my friend. Me and you both suckers late at night after work crying over cartoons like the grown ups we are.

jman2050

This yuriish relationship has gone on to define what Sound! Euphonium is, is not, might be and there is a strong emotional investment in all of that.

Well that in itself is kind of the problem, isn't it? Here we have multi-faceted drama/comedy series chronicling the exploits of a concert band and involving the lives and interactions of its band members far beyond even the main characters themselves, ultimately centered around Kumiko's growing passion for playing music. And all of it gets reduced to "if this couple does/doesn't get together then we riot" as if there's nothing else of value to be gleaned from the experience of watching this show.

If you want two characters to get together that's all fine and good, go for it, hell I do it too. When the implication is made that an entire work's value hinges on the result of said potential relationship (assuming we're not talking about a work centered on romance, of course), it can be annoying to read. That's the exact type of thing that shipping-obsessed Naruto fans were mocked for when that manga ended.

Well that in itself is kind of the problem, isn't it? Here we have multi-faceted drama/comedy series chronicling the exploits of a concert band and involving the lives and interactions of its band members far beyond even the main characters themselves, ultimately centered around Kumiko's growing passion for playing music. And all of it gets reduced to "if this couple does/doesn't get together then we riot" as if there's nothing else of value to be gleaned from the experience of watching this show.

If you want two characters to get together that's all fine and good, go for it, hell I do it too. When the implication is made that an entire work's value hinges on the result of said potential relationship (assuming we're not talking about a work centered on romance, of course), it can be annoying to read. That's the exact type of thing that shipping-obsessed Naruto fans were mocked for when that manga ended.

Naruto fans were mocking a subset of Naruto fans? That's like video game nerds picking on boardgame nerds.

I assume Euphonium is going through a similar situation Korra went through where regardless of the quality of the show (Korra being a disappointment in its last season and over-all), all people will talk about is the shipping.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I assume Euphonium is going through a similar situation Korra went through where regardless of the quality of the show (Korra being a disappointment in its last season and over-all), all people will talk about is the shipping.

unlike Korra, Eupho is decent enough that there's still good discussion to be had, once you get past the blockade of frothing shippers

cajunator

Banned
Being full of negativity.

Yeah tell me about it.

There really isnt a large contingent of fans who claim this as Euphonium's only quality metric. Most people seem to just enjoy the show as a throwback to school band days or as a way to learn about it. Frankly I just wanted to see more of ponytail Kumiko.

Gintama 142

Huh. That was interesting. This is certainly the most shonen arc so far, characters taking ridiculous amounts of battle damage and shrugging it off, and doing the hit in stomach so hard you cough up bloody slowly. Although I think Shinpachi was puking along with it which is gross.

I'm surprised Kagura had a rage mode moment before Gintoki did.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

That has been in the back of my mind this whole time. Doesn't matter what else Eupho has, the yuri is going to be its legacy.

unlike Korra, Eupho is decent enough that there's still good discussion to be had, once you get past the blockade of frothing shippers

That has been in that back of my mind this whole time. Doesn't matter what else Eupho has, the yuri is going to be its legacy.

which is a fucking shame if the show really is a return to form and all the internet can talk about is "but what about the cute girls not kissing? 0/10"

"Matthew McConaughey didn't end up with Woody Harrelson. 0/10"

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
That has been in the back of my mind this whole time. Doesn't matter what else Eupho has, the yuri is going to be its legacy.

only because you're trying desperately to make it that way, content in your own little bubble where the only thing people care about is illogical shipping.

it's laughable how you feel like you're owed a lesbian relationship in this show, and that the characters/kyoani is somehow cheating if it doesn't come to fruition.

the best part is how you think this is what's actually been going on in the show:

Let me get to the core of the matter, is there a good reason, shit, is there an actual reason why Reina and Kumiko should not hook up and be happy with each other?

as if some sort of executive meddling is robbing you of your rightful yuri pandering, not the fact your misguided fetish is preventing you from seeing what's obvious: the show was never about Reina and Kumiko hooking up, nor was it the intention of the author, or Kyoani, for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom