• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's sad when I want Spring season to end and for Summer season to come immediately because all this useless commotion over Euphonium.😌

Gintama 142

Huh. That was interesting. This is certainly the most shonen arc so far, characters taking ridiculous amounts of battle damage and shrugging it off, and doing the hit in stomach so hard you cough up bloody slowly. Although I think Shinpachi was puking along with it which is gross.

I'm surprised Kagura had a rage mode moment before Gintoki did.

Yeah you don't want to get on Kagura's bad side. Anyways you haven't reached the best moment of the arc yet.

TUSR

Banned
Welcome to the world of girl love! It's slippery when wet!

facepalm.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
only because you're trying desperately to make it that way, content in your own little bubble where the only thing people care about is illogical shipping.

it's laughable how you feel like you're owed a lesbian relationship in this show, and that the characters/kyoani is somehow cheating if it doesn't come to fruition.

I am not the one who is desperate here. I would actually enjoy it if there wasn't a mountain of salt and flaming hot peppers there wasn't going to accompany the end of Eupho.

cajunator

Banned
I stand by my statement, I will be very surprised if that day is a quiet one.

It wont be simply because of hype and the first day of a brand new thread and new shows to watch.

That has been in the back of my mind this whole time. Doesn't matter what else Eupho has, the yuri is going to be its legacy.

Honestly I dont think it will. If it is, then the show wasnt very remarkable to begin with and thats entirely the fault of KyoAni, not the fans.

Punchline end

Meh, kind of petered out near the end, but it was a fun ride at least. Not something I'd expect from Uchikoshi, even if it had many elements of his work in there.

Whatever happened to the track that was in this PV? I really liked that, but I don't think it ever actually appeared in the show.

zulux21

TUSR ruined this thread.

this thread was about to expire anyways.
I mean we are only what 100 hours or so away from Gangsta?

showing Free in the video and now I'm curious.

Was there any 'yaoi baiting' in that one? And were people up in arms when it didn't happen? There seems to be a double standard on the internet between yuri and yaoi where folks pretend they are rooting for yuri because of LGBT but truly it's because they want girls kissing.

I am not sure if there was heavy yaoi shipping in here, but I know in other places there were people discussing free that didn't know the show was about swimming, they thought it was just about the guys getting together (as they didn't watch it they just read the yaoi stuff lol)

Crocodile

I'm going to be glad when the Summer thread is up and we can talk about how awesome Prison School, Gatchaman Crowds II, etc. will be/are and less about lesbian relationships in shows that don't actually have lesbian relationships.

Was there any 'yaoi baiting' in that one? And were people up in arms when it didn't happen? There seems to be a double standard on the internet between yuri and yaoi where folks pretend they are rooting for yuri because of LGBT but truly it's because they want girls kissing.

Plenty.

jman2050

I can't believe I'm in a position where I have to give credit to DTL simply for not being disingenuous.

Crocodile

If this thread/NeoGaf in general wasn't so male dominated we'd probably be seeing more "yaoi baiting".

zulux21

I'm going to be glad when the Summer thread is up and we can talk about how awesome Prison School, Gatchaman Crowds II, etc. will be/are and less about lesbian relationships in shows that don't actually have lesbian relationships.

if by awesome you mean how terribel prison school is.
the fans will bitch that it's not a good adaption
the people who aren't into fetishes will just question why people would like the show
and the two people who legitimately enjoy the anime adaption will stop posting about it because everyone else hates the anime :p

no, we will all be talking about how great a romance Snow White with the Red Hair is instead :p

(I wish, I know you guys will just be going on and on about Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou as no doubt one of the girls from that will be the Hestia of this season)

Dead serious, anime changed my life forever. I will never call it a mistake.

I met my wife at my college anime club. There is pretty much no chance I would have met her otherwise.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
well no but the conversation never really comes up in anime threads due to DTL being the only yaoi guy.

unfortunately 99% of yaoi anime adaptions are terrible

and 99% of the time it's just DTL's delusional shipping, so no one else is gonna be posting about it

and yeah, it's drowned out by people going EW BOYS KISSING GIVE ME GIRLS INSTEAD

There's a reason why I was hoping people would say Fire Emblem if was pandering to otaku.

For a dog you have some poor senses.

and 99% of the time it's just DTL's delusional shipping, so no one else is gonna be posting about it

That's also true
I don't think pure yaoi/yuri series tend to sell well, people want the tease I guess. Which is pretty much the same for hetero anime will they/won't they shit too. But whatever I fall for that all the time.

zulux21

and yeah, it's drowned out by people going EW BOYS KISSING GIVE ME GIRLS INSTEAD

As a straight male I will always prefer boys kissing in anime over girls kissing in anime. it just in general feels a lot less forced to me and a lot less fanservicy.

That's also true
I don't think pure yaoi/yuri series tend to sell well, people want the tease I guess. Which is pretty much the same for hetero anime will they/won't they shit too

I can't really think of a pure yaoi or yuri series that has sold well. though they tend to be romance, and there aren't a ton of pure romances in general that have sold a ton that I can think of.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Kind of sucks that DanMachi's odds for a second season after that BAIT they left for us (Zeus), is pretty low, if not, very far away from now. Alas, good anime. It surprised me. I just decided to watch it while I was on vacation one night and I ended up chaining through 8-9 eps on CrunchyRoll on my laptop.

Good stuff. Shokugeki was good too. Wish they had better budget, but whatever, good enough.

That's also true
I don't think pure yaoi/yuri series tend to sell well, people want the tease I guess. Which is pretty much the same for hetero anime will they/won't they shit too. But whatever I fall for that all the time.

The tease is awful for hetero stuff. Because that's a scenario where you should expect things to happen, but they do shit to drag it out. The more popular stuff are even worse because it's deliberately done to get more money. That's why the harem genre is fucking awful.

Even then, the tease for yaoi/yuri can suck if the hetero relationship simply isn't that good or out of nowhere, but that's the fault of a hetero relationship being poorly formed.

As a straight male I will always prefer boys kissing in anime over girls kissing in anime. it just in general feels a lot less forced to me and a lot less fanservicy.

I can't really think of a pure yaoi or yuri series that has sold well. though they tend to be romance, and there aren't a ton of pure romances in general that have sold a ton that I can think of.

Any time I see someone say "As a (descriptor) I want to hit them.

I don't think there are that many pure romances that sell well either. That's why a lot of it is obscure manga that doesn't feature middle/high school girls.

CorvoSol

one time DTL was right.

And that show was Samurai Flamenco

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
isn't danmachi disgustingly popular? unfortunately a second season is way too likely

Just read that there's just not enough source material and that if they actually intended it to be a real series / do a second season, they wouldn't have burnt through the material so quickly. 5-6 LN volumes in 13 episodes seems like a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom