• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol, the sounds and text were even better. If you couldn't see the picture you would completely think something totally different was going on. "I will inject you with my divine protection"

So classic, lol.

I'm assuming the Divine Protection scene in Campione is exactly how the dolphin scene is going down in F/SN.

ibyea

Banned
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 4
That's a cool shot of Enceladus, accurate too. The shot with Saturn's shadow over its ring is wonderfully reminiscent of Cassini's picture, and Saturn does indeed get auroras.

So they take a stop at Enceladus because of a distress signal and needing resources for a repair. As expected they get attacked and Kodai uses a gun that really reminds me of old sci fi television. Episode is mainly about Kodai as he wants to attack Pluto due to his brother's death. Turns out the distress signal is from his brother's ship. Figuring that in the end it is important to not let this happen to anyone else and not let his brother's sacrifice be in vain (as the captain says: Kodai, we don't want the Earth to end up like the Yukikaze, right?), in the end he let's go of invading Pluto. Oh and I really hope Kodai and Mori stop with their passive aggressive jabs at each other soon because it is annoying the crap out of me.

Etotama 09

1dFRRJq.jpg
p84v9oB.jpg

This episode seals Piyo as the best Eto.

Cornbread78

It's been really slow tonight, so I finally put my list together. I'll probably change these as the season ends (top 3 especially), but so far:

1) SNAFU Too
2) Danmachi
3) Plastic Memories
4) The Fruit of Grisaia S2
5) Nisekoi S2
6) Etotama
7) Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
8) Punchline

Waiting for season end to marathon:
Soma
My Love Story
Euphonium
All the Funi shows

What is the best of the Funi shows anyhow?

TUSR

Banned
It's been really slow tonight, so I finally put my list together. I'll probably change these as the season ends (top 3 especially), but so far:

1) SNAFU Too
2) Danmachi
3) Plastic Memories
5) Nisekoi S2
6) Etotama
8) Punchline

Soma
My Love Story
Euphonium
All the Funi shows

soma is 2 cour, it wont be done for ~15 weeks (its not split cour iirc)

1) SNAFU Too
2) Danmachi
3) Plastic Memories
5) Nisekoi S2
6) Etotama
8) Punchline

Soma
My Love Story
Euphonium
All the Funi shows

SNAFU2, DanMachi and Euphonium are my definite top 3. I knew the first one would be killer, but the other 2 were nice surprises for me.

Kyousougiga Episode 7

dAWYNZI.jpg

A beautiful bonding moment between Mother and Daughter.

This particular scene between Koto and her mother was such a beautiful and powerful scene. It provided a deep connection Koto has for her mother. Though I really did love the scene between Myoue and Koto because of how powerful Koto's plead was.

Also what's up with
Sensei, I mean his entrance feels a bit weird. Is he the reason the city is disappearing?

1) SNAFU Too
2) Danmachi
3) Plastic Memories
5) Nisekoi S2
6) Etotama
8) Punchline

Soma
My Love Story
Euphonium
All the Funi shows

Kekkai Sensen is the best out of all the Funi shows with Arslan Senki coming in close second. Plus I feel imo Kekkai Sensen is the best of the season because it offers more than most if not all the shows this season.

cajunator

Banned

1) SNAFU Too
2) Danmachi
3) Plastic Memories
5) Nisekoi S2
6) Etotama
8) Punchline

Soma
My Love Story
Euphonium
All the Funi shows

SHOW BY ROCK

Finished Amagi Brilliant Partk ep 1-12 (13's behind held by TBS likely since the BD is out later this month)

This was an enjoyable series. I was initially turned off due to the incredible overhyping of one still in the first episode and the swimsuits in ep 3, but I wanted to give it another shot (alongside Chu2Ren, which may get finished one day....). I'm glad I did. The series definitely felt like an older production, which made sense given the Takemoto/Gatou/Shimo connection. This is a show where an episodic structure, and likely viewing, wouldn't impact the overall story that much outside of a couple instances, so it was nice to break up over the past few nights.

Technically, the show itself bordered on average from writing, to music, to animation, but the color design and direction in most episodes added a lot of polish to the production. It'd definitely look wonderful on BD (there is no fucking way I'm buying a KyoAni BD from Sentai), so I'll ponder getting that next year or so.

cajunator

Banned
Finished Amagi Brilliant Partk ep 1-12 (13's behind held by TBS likely since the BD is out later this month)

This was an enjoyable series. I was initially turned off due to the incredible overhyping of one still in the first episode and the swimsuits in ep 3, but I wanted to give it another shot (alongside Chu2Ren, which may get finished one day....). I'm glad I did. The series definitely felt like an older production, which made sense given the Takemoto/Gatou/Shimo connection. This is a show where an episodic structure, and likely viewing, wouldn't impact the overall story that much outside of a couple instances, so it was nice to break up over the past few nights.

Technically, the show itself bordered on average from writing, to music, to animation, but the color design and direction in most episodes added a lot of polish to the production. It'd definitely look wonderful on BD (there is no fucking way I'm buying a KyoAni BD from Sentai), so I'll ponder getting that next year or so.

Really enjoyed how colorful everything was in this show. It put a smile on my face.

Really enjoyed how colorful everything was in this show. It put a smile on my face.
I remain amazed at the talent in the color design/coordination/painting department at KyoAni. It's a section that gets neglected in a lot of other productions, but the one there remains consistently above everyone else and taken for granted. There's nothing like seeing a production on JP BD w/proper colors.

Thank you ultimatemegax. Hopefully this sees a release in NA. This is one series I wouldn't mind splurging on.

It's doubtful a NA release will happen. Nozomi's titles tend not to be worth pressing BDs for and there's other titles they'd push before Aria (not to mention the rights fees alone wouldn't be worthwhile). I hate being a downer because I do wish everyone could own their top shows on BD w/subs and/or dub, but I have an obsession with being correct.

Kansoku

I want to thank you guys for mentioning that Campione scene. Searched it on google, and I'm in awe. And trying to control my laughter. Thanks again, my life will never be the same.

Quasar

I want to thank you guys for mentioning that Campione scene. Searched it on google, and I'm in awe. And trying to control my laughter. Thanks again, my life will never be the same.

Enjoyable show though. And the books are even more interesting.

Cornbread78

Now you have to watch the rest of the series because Godou is a master MC and the series is actually pretty good.

Cow is best etotama

That's not how you write "tiger"

Serious talk .you're fine , as long as you don't pick dog or monkey.

--------------
I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying: 2nd Thread 10
Thread : i confessed a girl at work
Content : THE WORLD IS SH*t

^^^^ how like him to vent out on a forom !

Etotama - 09
Etotama%20-%2009.jpg

Shogi is ...the universe !!

A slow episode, but somewhat fitting .nya-tan should get ahold of her old self soon ..the forshadowing wasn't that subtle , but everyone is aware that this was a one-time thing so we can get back to more intresting things next week.

I suspect that episode 6 and 8 destroyed their time to work on Cgs

Defuser

Ninja Slayer ep 8
Man, those scenes with Nancy are ridiculous. Well, she makes the show more bearable to watch.

And the ED song, this show sure pick up some groovy songs to listen to.

Clov

It's doubtful a NA release will happen. Nozomi's titles tend not to be worth pressing BDs for and there's other titles they'd push before Aria (not to mention the rights fees alone wouldn't be worthwhile). I hate being a downer because I do wish everyone could own their top shows on BD w/subs and/or dub, but I have an obsession with being correct.

I'll hold out a bit of hope for Aria, though if it happens it won't be for a while. Hopefully this year RightStuf/Nozomi will finally announce that they'll release titles on BD. I need the Utena BDs over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom