• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Man, this show without a doubt is the most emotional, beautiful shows I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I can't stop crying, I really can't. No show has ever made me as emotional as this, what a beautiful, beautiful, wonderful show. I love this show with all of my heart and I want everybody to watch it, and will never stop recommending it to everybody. I think, tomorrow will be the end and I'm already reaching for the tissues. My heart aches, my eyes are wet, I just really really really love this show and I can't say it enough. I don't care how sappy I sound, I don't want it to end, I really don't...

cajunator

Banned
I'll hold out a bit of hope for Aria, though if it happens it won't be for a while. Hopefully this year RightStuf/Nozomi will finally announce that they'll release titles on BD. I need the Utena BDs over here.

Ive already double dipped on Utena and would buy a bluray version too.

Cornbread78

So the VA for Cia in Shuffle! is Ayu's English VA AS well, this is awesome..

Holy crap, I just looked her up;

Ryou Fujibayashi in Clannad.
Yuri Nakamura in Angel Beats
Yamada in B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time

I didn't even know there were English dubs for those, lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
its too hard to keep up with animegaf ;_;

finishing trigun up, like on ep 20. wow, i dont remember any of this and didnt think the show
would go in a sci-fi direction ala interstellar without the time traveling

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Euphonium - 09

Kind of know this is coming, there are nothing worst than finally inspired do something, just to realize you started too late. Time waits for no one =/

Jarmel

Banned
So Little Witch Academia's website got overhauled or rather updated. There isn't that much new info other than some basic elements like a plot summary. Basically Akko is forced into working on the parade due to failing her classes. Turns out if you sleep through the lectures, you might actually end up failing your course! The parade has to do with remembering the witch trials of yore. There's some updated character models, with Lotte being super cute without her glasses.

Holy shit though,
chara08.png
She's gonna open her eyes right before she kills someone.

Narag

Cross Ange 13

Ep was strange as it felt like it should have been episode 25 of a 50 ep series rather than 13 of 25 really as weird as that sounds. It's hard to explain but the attack on Arzenal, Ange confronting Julio, and Embryo showing up to be disruptive as all hell seems like it should have been the culmination of something explored much further than what it was rather than flipping everything on its head just because while handwaving away the initial conflict.. This is probably the sort of thing that Jexhius referred to when he asserted the show felt heavily rewritten.

The Embryo and Salamandinay stuff makes little sense since they are in the first OP and ED yet only show up at the end of the first cour.

I still swear that I read somewhere (I think it was here) that Salamandinay was supposed to be introduced earlier but I was never able to dig it up

Rainy

Banned
Steins;Gate 20
This episode was crazy.
I didn't see Braun being involved like that coming. Then he kills Moeka, then himself?! And of course the twist at the end is that Kurisu has to die. It's non stop!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remain amazed at the talent in the color design/coordination/painting department at KyoAni. It's a section that gets neglected in a lot of other productions, but the one there remains consistently above everyone else and taken for granted. There's nothing like seeing a production on JP BD w/proper colors.

It's doubtful a NA release will happen. Nozomi's titles tend not to be worth pressing BDs for and there's other titles they'd push before Aria (not to mention the rights fees alone wouldn't be worthwhile). I hate being a downer because I do wish everyone could own their top shows on BD w/subs and/or dub, but I have an obsession with being correct.

Yeah, it's hard to be mad though. No other company would touch the show... outside of maybe someone crazy like NISA. It's both old, not moe, and "boring" by most anime fan standards. So getting the original released, with so many features (including the Venice trips) subbed was a miracle and perhaps even a passion project for Nozomi. But I doubt they'll touch this... heck, Utena is the "popular" show and they aren't (or at least haven't announced afaik) doing a BD release for it.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 20
This episode was crazy.
I didn't see Braun being involved like that coming. Then he kills Moeka, then himself?! And of course the twist at the end is that Kurisu has to die. It's non stop!

That afterburner is blasting right now.

Eila

Bam, Aria The Avennire is a direct sequel. I was expecting a side-story. Works for me.
I really like the new character designs, specially Athena. She looks angelical in her white dress.

My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu Too 10 -- There are so many good moments in this episode but I also felt that the conclusion of the Christmas Party was kind of glossed over and anti-climactic since it was montaged.

its too hard to keep up with animegaf ;_;

finishing trigun up, like on ep 20. wow, i dont remember any of this and didnt think the show
would go in a sci-fi direction ala interstellar without the time traveling

I find it funny that your watching Trigun who's the same author that wrote Kekkai Sensen as well.

Super LttP I know, but I finally got around to checking out Kill la Kill.

Jesus...I don't even. I'm 2 episodes in. It's like someone took FuriKuri, tossed in a blender with crazy dialed all the way up to 11. It's making YuriKuma Arashi feel nuanced.

I'm not sure where the hell it's all going, but for now, I'm down for the ride.

Man, this show without a doubt is the most emotional, beautiful shows I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I can't stop crying, I really can't. No show has ever made me as emotional as this, what a beautiful, beautiful, wonderful show. I love this show with all of my heart and I want everybody to watch it, and will never stop recommending it to everybody. I think, tomorrow will be the end and I'm already reaching for the tissues. My heart aches, my eyes are wet, I just really really really love this show and I can't say it enough. I don't care how sappy I sound, I don't want it to end, I really don't...

Just googled it to see what it looks like. This is an older anime right? The style looks super nostalgic. Kinda reminds me of an anime called Princess Sarah, or The Wonderful Adventures of Nils.

Clov

Yeah, it's hard to be mad though. No other company would touch the show... outside of maybe someone crazy like NISA. It's both old, not moe, and "boring" by most anime fan standards. So getting the original released, with so many features (including the Venice trips) subbed was a miracle and perhaps even a passion project for Nozomi. But I doubt they'll touch this... heck, Utena is the "popular" show and they aren't (or at least haven't announced afaik) doing a BD release for it.

Nozomi hasn't done any BD releases at all, oddly enough. They've been very slow to adapt in that respect. They have mentioned for the last two years or so that they're looking at starting BD releases, but that many of their titles wouldn't warrant it. However, they have mentioned that Utena is one of their more popular titles; if they do start doing BD releases, I'd expect Utena to be one of their first.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Snafu 10

Isshiki needs a hug. =S Not that Hachiman needs to since he got about a billion points with everyone in this episode.

...(sore aru!!!)

Cornbread78

Cross Ange 13

Ep was strange as it felt like it should have been episode 25 of a 50 ep series rather than 13 of 25 really as weird as that sounds. It's hard to explain but the attack on Arzenal, Ange confronting Julio, and Embryo showing up to be disruptive as all hell seems like it should have been the culmination of something explored much further than what it was rather than flipping everything on its head just because while handwaving away the initial conflict.. This is probably the sort of thing that Jexhius referred to when he asserted the show felt heavily rewritten.

Try to find Jex's post in this same issue, lol. It's clear they changed direction during production, lol.

BluWacky

It's out today! Yay Hamauzu!

http://typhoon-noruda.com/

This reminds me (although I'm sure Vito or someone else probably posted this a while back) that Studio Colorido's short from a year or so ago, Hinata no Aoshigure, is not only being shown before screenings of this film, but is also getting a lovely looking Bluray release in August.

It's horrifically expensive for a 30 minute film but it does look quite good. It also includes Paulette's Chair, the short Colorido did for noitaminA's 10th anniversary.

Punch Line 9
It was another solid episode, I'm not sure why people are complaining about this one. It wasn't even particularly twisty, pretty much all of this was revealed or heavily hinted at earlier.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The new girls are pretty cute as well.
I still wonder what they'll do with Athena's voice.

Nozomi hasn't done any BD releases at all, oddly enough. They've been very slow to adapt in that respect. They have mentioned for the last two years or so that they're looking at starting BD releases, but that many of their titles wouldn't warrant it. However, they have mentioned that Utena is one of their more popular titles; if they do start doing BD releases, I'd expect Utena to be one of their first.
I mean, Utena seems like a no brainer... but the failure of AnimeSols has probably kind of shown that the market is fairly limited for people who want catalog releases of something that's not Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball. And since many of these people already bought the DVDs, I wonder how many of them would want to double dip.

Of course, I want to hope they do it and it succeeds, because maybe that would mean an Aria BD release... but that's completely wishful thinking.

SNAFU2 10

I lost my shit when Iroha told Hachi he
needed to take responsibility for her in his ear.
Dat best girl status remains. Mhm.

Also it's great to see how Hachiman take a somewhat leading position instead of being a laughing stock for others. His change in attitude might have helped with that, but everyone, even the ones from student council now take him seriously. I think this might have been one of the best episodes this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom