• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Thank you for the comments everybody, I read them all and they meant a lot to me. I didn't intend to bring any negative vibes to the thread, I guess I've always kept everything bottled up in my life, and I just needed to get it out there. This is a positive community, so sorry again for being negative. Your words mean a lot to me. I always have ups and downs and I guess today was one of those days where I just felt down. Self diagnosis generally leads you to see things that aren't there, but I think regardless, these feelings that I have are true and inside of me, so regardless, I need to change and become happier. I hate myself and I guess I run away from my problems and try to avid facing them head on. I don't know if things will change, but I will try to love myself more and become a more positive person in the process, because in the end I just want everybody to be happy. Sorry for being a burden on everybody and from detracting from this threads positive vibes, I don't want to be an attention seeker who sucks all of the life out of the room, I guess I just needed somebody to listen. Hopefully this doesn't make people think lesser of me, or that I'm weak, I guess that line of thinking is why I kept everything inside in the first place. Thanks again, and thank you for the link to the mental health thread, I feel scared to post there but will keep it handy for the next time I'm feeling down and leave this thread for the anime :) Thanks.

no worries.

Jarmel

Banned
Matsumoto has a very 'fast' direction style. She will establish something quickly visually and move on from it just as fast. I wouldn't say it's incoherent but I would say it can be hard to follow. I'll give you an examples in episode 9:
EPZZcF3.jpg

So Leo is handing the name to Klaus.
nd63LuU.jpg

However something is striking at him from out of the ground. The audience doesn't know the source nor why that's happening. In fact in an earlier frame, the Blood Breed is established as far away from Leo.
cXNisSU.jpg

There's a jump cut along with blood implying that Leo was hit.
QozkgoO.jpg

However it turns out that the blood is from the Blood Breed. It was the Blood Breed striking out from under the ground at Leo but the Blood Breed is shot by KK, stopping its attack on Leo.

None of this was ever stated, and this sequence was done through a number of jump cuts. It's only when we see the Blood Breed recoiling, later established to be from KK sniping him, that it's apparent what happened. It's an extremely quick visual sequence that takes up a total of 7 seconds. After which Dog Hummer grabs Leo and jumps off the building in order to secure Leo's safety. If the viewer didn't pick up that Leo was under attack, they would be wondering why Hummer jumped off the building with Leo.

Loving Blood Blockade Battlefront so much.
Probably my favorite in a while.

Yeah me too, I'm just loving the fun atmosphere it emits.

Matsumoto has a very 'fast' direction style. She will establish something quickly visually and move on from it just as fast. I wouldn't say it's incoherent but I would say it can be hard to follow. I'll give you an examples in episode 9:

None of this was ever stated. It's only when we see the Blood Breed recoiling, later established to be from KK sniping him, that it's apparent what happened. It's an extremely quick visual sequence that takes up a total of 7 seconds. After which Dog Hummer grabs Leo and jumps off the building in order to secure Leo's safety. If the viewer didn't pick up that Leo was under attack, they would be wondering why Hummer jumped off the building with Leo.

After watching about 7 episodes so far of Kyousougiga, Matsumoto definitely has a distinct direction style which is similar to Kekkai Sensen. From what I can see her direction style can either be loved by people or disliked due to her fast direction. Though I'm one of those people that love her fast direction style and one of the reasons why I really love both Kyousougiga and Kekkai. So yeah I can definitely see why there may be a split on the direction because I've seen some people say that the pacing seems too rushed or that it should be better handled. All that has to due with preference imo because it's definitely doesn't have to do with bad direction.

Anyways I'm just glad Matsumoto is getting some recognition from Kekkai Sensen which I'm really glad because it means more works done by her. She's a really talented director.

I'll always look at you as the one programming language that I enjoy, but that at my school was taught by a shitty prof. So I like you, but the baggage and negativity that you have not so much. We'll make sure to cast that shitiness you feel aside and talk about great anime and beautiful anime girls like Iroha. Keep your chin up!

Phatmac

I3XKGYfl.png

FMnwOqAl.png

This really applies to so many things, but no one has the balls to admit it.

Well, outside of Kirkman with The Walking Dead. He takes pleasure in admitting that there's no ending whatsoever because he wants to keep it going forever. lol
When this scene came up the first thing I thought about was LOST.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol it actually made me uncomfortable considering how into it they got it.

My purity. Gone. Now it's Bible Black all day.

This is a couple of days old, but I literally just laugh out loud whenever I think about that leg lift in Campione.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Punchline Episode 9:

Yea, no matter how many twists this show throws at the wall it can't save it from its own mediocrity.

Cornbread78

*Googles Girls Bravo*

Girls Bravo?

Look like wholesome ladies to me, lol.

Oh Cajun..

Small for his age, Yukinari has been bullied and abused by girls all his life. Now in high school, he has developed a rare condition: whenever girls touch him, or even come close, he breaks out in hives. Imagine his surprise, when he is suddenly transported to the city of Seiren on a mystic world invisibly orbiting the Earth, and populated with vast numbers of women and very few men. Fortunately, he has a new friend, Miharu-chan, whose touch inexplicably doesn't affect him.

So I happened to read up on some of these twists that are happening in this Punchline show.

And all I can say is lol.

You guys want REAL plot twists? Watch Samurai Flamenco.

ibyea

Banned
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 2
Epic start to Yamato's maiden voyage. Captain is an awesome character. Lol at the impractical design of the ship, though. Well, that is true for a lot of science fiction, but this one takes the cake because space=sea instead of space=sky like they usually do.

I'm scared. But I will look into it, maybe this weekend I'll give it a go. If not, then next week since I have a ton of time off.

Well, to be perfectly honest, the show isn't repulsive, to say the least. I'm not trolling you and recommending you a show like School Days or anything.

The show is on the List for a reason, but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the other entries on there go.

Well, to be perfectly honest, the show isn't repulsive, to say the least. I'm not trolling you and recommending you a show like School Days or anything.

The show is on the List for a reason, but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the other entries on there go.

You need to watch SamFlam.

It's an experience. A good one.
Did not know it was on The List. To be fair, so is Code Geass and at the time it aired I remember enjoying it a lot.

ibyea

Banned
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 3
Heh, the intro reminds me of the song Korean elders and middle aged people listen to in their car radios. I always called it old people song.

Starting off, lol, that is some Doctor Who level of science bullcrap. Not that I mind because I love Doctor Who. Oh and credit to a creative use of micro black holes, they do indeed release a lot of energy since Hawkings temperature increase inversely proportional to the mass, even if I doubt someone would ever be able to contain the energy.

Show continues being awesome. Got the first real taste of what the battles are going to be like. And that wave motion gun, holy cow. Of course, the superweapon is a bit too powerful for their comfort zone.

Cornbread78

It is the spear counterpart to Maria Holic in certain fashions.

So confusing. ..

Synopsis
It’s not easy to find the perfect girl, even when you’re the same sex! Kanako thought attending an all-girls school would be the perfect way to meet the girl of her dreams, but after her hot new roommate turns out to be a guy in drag, and catching the eye of the most popular girl in school only brings down the wrath of all the OTHER similarly obsessed girls, she’s not so sure! Complicate things with a cat-eared dorm leader, her roommate’s rude-mannered maid, an identical twin sister (who attends an all-boys school of course) and WAY too many attractive girls of questionable persuasions and the question becomes whether Kanako will die from frustrated nosebleeds! (Life would be SO much easier if guys didn’t literally give her the hives!) Will Kanako ever find a non-polar opposite of a compatible non-opposing polarity? Let’s just say that the quest for true love will not run straight in Maria Holic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom