• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

im not into watching movies that much, find it hard to watch more than 1 hour straight of a single thing

you could just pause the movie every 10 minutes and go watch 10 minutes of reaction videos on youtube and come back.

as that is basically what you are getting with super.

I mean the series just has the two movies that came before it redone and stretched out over 12-13 episodes with a lot of pointless fluff added to them and far lower quality animation.

I mean I get not being into watching movies (I don't watch a ton myself)... but if you have that much of an attention problem it seems weird to want to watch something stretched out over 3 hours instead of 1 and a half.

Virgin Soul 04

C-iBekCUMAAA2qT.jpg
C-iBel_UIAEvGe3.jpg

Nina is the most relateable character of the season. Besides the not-Tanuki guy in Eccentric Family who liked getting stomped on by Benten.

Qurupeke

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul 1

Oh god, I hope they won't try to paint Azazel as a good guy over the course of the series. Redemption feels wrong considering how many he killed.

Anyway, Nina seems like a decent replacement for Favaro as a mc.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 19 – The Edge of the World
C-iGOMSW0AEfiEk.jpg:small

Heartwarming episode of family bonds and doing the impossible while remaining positive. Yuuma's dad felt the flow and now Yuuma can always feel the flow. I smiled so much when his sister and grandma showed up at school too, and the sister memory was sweet too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So actually watching Love Live Cantonese edition, I forgot that Chinese dubs tend to just take the Japanese names as is. So Honoka, which is 穂乃果, is just... Sui Nai Guo. I have no idea how Chinese names work, but I guess why bother localizing it when you can just use the Kanji directly. lol

Funny enough in the HK version, they kept Nico as Nico because of her Nico Nico Nis, but in the Taiwanese version, they also just took her Japanese name and re-read it in Chinese, dropping the Nico Nico Ni entirely.

(All four Nico Nico Nis for comparison!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD98P_k8S9U)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Virgin Soul Episode 4:

Yea, count me among those who are missing Favaro in place of tall dark and bland and to what end I wonder. If he is missing this far into the season then he is probably showing up at the end in some fashion. Anyway, the power of a horny teenage dragon is nothing to fuck with.

Jarmel

Banned
Bahamut S2-4

I'll be frank, this whole show is kind of shitty besides the animation. This arc is dull as dishwater. The characters aren't that interesting besides Nina (who is mostly amusing due to her horniness gag). The lack of adventure is gone. I could not give a shit less about the demons who are suffering because why should I? Nobody plays well off each other on a chemistry front.

This season feels like it's doubling down on the crap I hated in the first season.

Tonton

So actually watching Love Live Cantonese edition, I forgot that Chinese dubs tend to just take the Japanese names as is. So Honoka, which is 穂乃果, is just... Sui Nai Guo. I have no idea how Chinese names work, but I guess why bother localizing it when you can just use the Kanji directly. lol

Funny enough in the HK version, they kept Nico as Nico because of her Nico Nico Nis, but in the Taiwanese version, they also just took her Japanese name and re-read it in Chinese, dropping the Nico Nico Ni entirely.

(All four Nico Nico Nis for comparison!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD98P_k8S9U)
Why is the sound so bad in the second and fourth ones
All of them are terrible
including Japanese

NeonZ

Who gives a shit about blue hair whats her faces name, whens Lusamine?

But wouldn't it be Lusamine in design only? Lillie seems completely different from her in-game self, which is pretty odd for a story relevant character like that, so it doesn't seem like her mother could be anything like her game self either.

Jarmel

Banned
the should would have a fighting chance if they brought Favaro back. Instead they think that the rest of these plebs can carry the show.

Even if they brought him back, I'm not sure how much good it would do. This whole arc is pretty boring. The city setting isn't interesting or diverse enough to maintain my attention for possibly 6+ episodes.

Even if they brought him back, I'm not sure how much good it would do. This whole arc is pretty boring. The city setting isn't interesting or diverse enough to maintain my attention for possibly 6+ episodes.

I'm not disagreeing that the setting and plot is fairly boring right now. But we know the show is meant to go to a holy war type of setting, so if they bring Favaro back they can at least have him save the city plot, and then it'll eventually lead to all of that crap.

I wasn't a fan of the first season's decision to opt out of the more light hearted fantasy setting and go for the MMO raid boss plot, but at least with Favaro I didn't drop the show.

jett

D-Member
I'm rewatching the Battle Tendency arc of JoJo, cuz I was just in the mood. This show has really made huge strides since its first season. It looks so much better and polished now.

And I really can't deal with the monstrous proportions these people have. :p

I'm digging the angle of Virgin Soul where the demon king lost the war, but the series didn't end and you see what happens after the war with the demons. It could go to more interesting places then it has.

Danganronpa: The Animation - Well that was definitely something. I'm not familiar with the Visual Novel it was based on but I thought the anime series was ok, but nothing to drive home about. It has the same issues that other Visual Novels turned anime that I've watched in the past (Angel Beats, Charlotte) had where they timed to cram to much stuff into too short of a run time. I also thought the "executions" were oddly stylistic and familiar and sure enough it;s because they used a lot of the same animation staff responsible for the visuals behind Madoka Magic and the Monogatari series.

Sagrada Reset Episode 2

At 16 minutes I was like how is the Mari plot concluded so early and what are they doing the rest of the episode, then it happened...
that kiss was so sad for both of them, and not knowing how it felt. Kind of was glad he reset just so that he wouldnt ruin whenever his real first kiss would be and also her feelings. But then the death, so so so so sad.

Glad its going to be a school club series though, I love these.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why does it sound like the microphone was half a mile away in a couple of those recordings?
I'm going to assume it's a combination of bad sources (no one is going to do a 1080p rip of a Chinese rebroadcast) and bad production values. Although the Nico scene in particular is supposed to have that "shoujo-ey" audio filter thingie (I have no idea what that's called) applied to it, so maybe they screwed that up as well. lol

Aki-at

Kado - 4

I really do not know what is the need for the super kawaii scienetist, completely breaks the flow of everything, or Shido's sidekick. Their acting just feels so badly out of place.

Back to the episode, pretty thoughtful, to Yaha-kui the concept of countries is an alien one and trying to share out energy equally between people in the literal sense is hindered by the concept of countries. I am intrigued to see what route Japan is going to take in regards to the energy, I just hope it doesn't end up becoming too nationalistic, but so far they seem more than willing to heed the alien's advice and only due to the reaction of the UN are they being pushed into a situation (Which thankfully the episode says even Japan would act in a similar manner)

psyfi

Banned
I dunno if this is the right thread for this or not, but I just finished watching Sword Art Online and fucking loved it (especially the first half), and I'm looking for recommendations on other shows to watch. I know next to nothing about anime, so I really don't know what to seek out or even where to find it. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom