• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Try is fine. It's not great like Build Fighters, but it's not awful either. It only feels that way because GBF is so much better than it.

Cornbread78

Beck ep.3-4
tLdXBOE.jpg
If the boy can sing, why you throwin' a guitar in his hands? Set him free!

That damn idiot bird, lol. This os a good watch so far although it weird seeing 14-16 year olds acting and being portrayed as 20 somethings.

Narag

Attack on Titan S2 2-6

Everything I wanted the first season to be. Oppressive tone, non-stop existential dread, and constantly pushing forward. So far it's Konosuba S2 to the first season's Konosuba S1 in that it's just this exercise in refinement.

Hopefully this bodes well from future Kabaneri if the same staff works on it after finally grasping how to handle this sort of thing.

Attack on Titan S2 2-6

Everything I wanted the first season to be. Oppressive tone, non-stop existential dread, and constantly pushing forward. So far it's Konosuba S2 to the first season's Konosuba S1 in that it's just this exercise in refinement.

Hopefully this bodes well from future Kabaneri if the same staff works on it after finally grasping how to handle this sort of thing.

How is Kabaneri? I didn't chance the show due to hearing it was an SnK ripoff, but with me fully back on the SnK train I've been wondering to delve into it.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 55

Agent TR-8R reveals herself. Too bad there's no shock about a betrayal. So Koharu is firm on the designer path. Koharu performance never. Elza's ego is huge. She's got a big boat with tons of cute idols that she molds to her whim, and they're only allowed to stand out with her permission.Okay, I know Aikatsu has advanced holographic technology, but I think this is the first time they've really taken advantage of that. Venus Ark throws some good shade. And we've got our big competition for the season. 5 episodes, 5 new songs. I think this is an Aikatsu record. So far Elza is winning in her path to stealing these three, but there's still a ways to go.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember when anime used to come up with fake otaku merch. Now it's just actual photos of the animators' collections + some blurring.

(I cannot believe a book store in 2017 is still selling ToraDora and Kino no Tabi)

Man how can you make the All Might vs Noumu even more GOAT? By having BD enhanced scenes and all the damn dimming removed...perfect.

Also I got to say All Might arriving to save the students with PLUS ULTRA playing in the background has to be one of the best anime entrance of all time. Best Hero.

kewlmyc

How is Kabaneri? I didn't chance the show due to hearing it was an SnK ripoff, but with me fully back on the SnK train I've been wondering to delve into it.

The animation is well done and the action is cool.

That's about it. The characters and plot are just okay and the villain is laughable.

Moaradin

The first couple episodes of Kabaneri were great. I remember thinking early on that it was a better Attack on Titan, though by the end I came out appreciating Attack on Titan more lol.

Tuck

Attack on Titan - 1&2 (Rewatch)
Wow, the first two episodes are really good at establishing just how terrifying the tians are and just how hopeless the situation is.

I forgot all about the flashbacks to his dad - or... flash forward? It was a lot more violent than I remember.... gues it will be a few years till we get answers.

Eren kind of sucks tho. I think 90% of his dialogue in these two episodes involved him screaming at someone.

LotusHD

Banned
The first couple episodes of Kabaneri were great. I remember thinking early on that it was a better Attack on Titan, though by the end I came out appreciating Attack on Titan more lol.

I dunno why people ever thought this. One of my friends felt the same at first. The mysteries going on in AoT make it the much more interesting show, and Titans > whatever they call them in Kabaneri. Only thing I could say is that the protagonist maybe left a better first impression I guess

Never forget
72b.gif

Lol I dunno why it never dawned on me that they were kind of going for more Mikasa-esque characters between her and the Kabaneri girl

JCG

Kabaneri was as good and as dumb as your average zombie video game (or average zombie fiction).

I still don't know what else people expected. Even Biba's crazy deal fit right in with that mold.

Man, Love Live is bad and we voted Kill la Kill for AotY twice, I need more deets to form opinionz.

I feel it starts pretty good, has solid action, animation, etc. But the story starts to go off the rails around the midpoint and gradually gets worse and worse, especially as we're introduced to the final villain. It's not trash or anything, and is good as dumb fun, but the writing just isn't really there.

I think part of what kept the love for it going, even after problems started to crop up, was the desperate need for a AoT type of show as S2 continued to be a no show. With AoT S2 here, there's less of a use for it, and as someone said earlier, without AoT's deeper mystery, it's basically a poor man's AoT.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kino is on volume 20 and a new book comes out literally every 365 days.

I don't think there is a more regular publication schedule in the industry.

That is incredible.

Tsukigakirei 5:

As much as I like NTR I don't want any of it here.

American Gods ep 2

The Anansi scene alone was fucking amazing. Then the rest of the episode happened. It's everything I wanted out of American Gods made by Fuller. Even the CG doesn't bother me. In 2 episodes it won Anime of the year.

In a way the concept of 'gods coming to life because collective human psyche' is similar to Re:Creators fictional characters coming to life because audience attachment to them.
Except, you know... much better.

god I am rooting for that ship so hard. They make an adorable couple.

She is better than him, he has to improve. Of course that happens because the author uses him as butt of the joke sometimes...

duckroll

Bahamut Red Dragon Girl - Episode 5

I really like this show. There isn't really much to talk about each individual episode, so sometimes I don't post about it, but I have nothing negative to say at all. Really nice art, love the character interactions, and I really like seeing where the plot will go.

Bahamut Red Dragon Girl - Episode 5

I really like this show. There isn't really much to talk about each individual episode, so sometimes I don't post about it, but I have nothing negative to say at all. Really nice art, love the character interactions, and I really like seeing where the plot will go.
It's like I'm waiting for a hot take that is never going to come

Moaradin

I've been enjoying Bahamut as well. It's taking its time with the plot, but I don't have a problem with it. The show has a lot wiggle room this time around.

Quasar

In a way the concept of 'gods coming to life because collective human psyche' is similar to Re:Creators fictional characters coming to life because audience attachment to them.
Except, you know... much better.

For some. I haven't dropped Re:Creators yet. Admittedly thats not exactly high praise.

KraytarJ

My big problem with Virgin Soul is the attempted redemption of Azazel just doesn't do anything for me considering what he and the demons have done. Overall I still like it though, just maybe not enough for it too be top of the season.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 099

They pulled the ultimate fujo move and managed to make a love child between Reuntal and Mittermeyer via a third party.

duckroll

My big problem with Virgin Soul is the attempted redemption of Azazel just doesn't do anything for me considering what he and the demons have done. Overall I still like it though, just maybe not enough for it too be top of the season.

I still don't understand what this attempted redemption is. Like, he literally just made a "KILL HUMANS!! RAWWR!!" speech. What is being redeemed? Humans are shit. Demons are shit. Gods are shit. They work together sometimes, when they can be convinced to stop trying to destroy each other. That's the world of Bahamut.

KraytarJ

I still don't understand what this attempted redemption is. Like, he literally just made a "KILL HUMANS!! RAWWR!!" speech. What is being redeemed? Humans are shit. Demons are shit. Gods are shit. They work together sometimes, when they can be convinced to stop trying to destroy each other. That's the world of Bahamut.
But he's being painted as this bastion of morality, freeing demons from the grasp of humanity. Every interaction he has with Kaiser shows that he and apparently we are supposed to believe that he and his cause are in the right. There really hasn't been much to show demons in the bad light they were shown in during Genesis. I've seen 1-4 at this point and what I'm seeing is Azazel is supposed to be the good guy with humanity being the villains, even though I really can't find too much fault with what the humans have done after the shit they were put through in Genesis. It makes sense to me that they'd want to take on Gods and Demons but were just being shown Demons as victims and slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom