• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It seems that I'm eating my words regarding 3D animation in anime... It really seems to be coming into its own. Am I wrong, or are the characters in Gran Blue Fantasy all 3D CG? The effect is really well done, if so.

Some shows still completely fuck it up though (see KADO).

I think you're drunk.

It seems that I'm eating my words regarding 3D animation in anime... It really seems to be coming into its own. Am I wrong, or are the characters in Gran Blue Fantasy all 3D CG? The effect is really well done, if so.

Ha ha, no. It's all 2D animation. There's pretty heavy filtering of the linework in Granblue though, which is probably what you're sensing.

Boku no Hero Academia - 014

TOURNAMENT ARC!!!!!!!!!! Haha, but yeah I'm hyped and aim to catch up in the new season. Prefer the new OP/ED to the old one.

Boku no Hero Academia - 015

TOURNAMENT ARC!!!!!!!!! I just absolutely love tournament arcs; not much to say besides looking forward to some intense competition. On a minor note Deku's green suit with his helmet on looks fucking stupid (like a green rabbit) so I'm glad I can root for the MC without facepalming at how silly he looks.

The Silver Guardian 6

I don't really see a reason why reason Suigin's grandfather couldn't raise both him and Rei? Also, the recap at the end was a bit silly, I doubt that anyone following this short would need it for the plot that we've seen so far (although it could've been a time buying thing for the animation team).

Alice & Zoroku 1 (simuldub)

This was cute, and I loved Zoroku. The dynamic between him and Sana was great. I love the grumpy old guy who's wise and has a heart of gold, and watching him help Sana could be a treat. Decent action and interesting premise with the Dreams of Alice, I'm looking forward to seeing this unfold.

The cg cars were pretty bad, though.

The Laughing Salesman 5

I really liked this episode, as it gave more of a peak into some of the ways that Mogoru operates, and actually included an example of one of his deals that didn't end with one of his client's lives being totally ruined. Loved some of the storyboarding in both stories.

Love Tyrant 2 (simuldub)

Akane unleashing her yandere powers on the robbers and running away from the press was hilarious. And, uh, that's an interesting Akane doll Yuzu had...

Re:creators Ep 1-5

I can see why people have dropped the show but I do enjoy the show for what it is. It brings some interesting questions of what if someone from your game,manga,anime came to our world and found out its just entertainment. I don't the story being told in exposition because its a very interesting subject. Hopefully it doesn't drop the ball like guilty crown's last part.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Bros 42
Well damn this would be a brutal way for Hibito to die, they are really bringing home the terrifying desolateness of Space.

With the rash of sequels and remakes going on in the anime industry, I really hope they bring this back
You should track down the live action movie at some point, if only for the cameo. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
l5kC8Ck.gif

"The most progressive Shonen anime ever..."

I've seen people are not happy with the anime's need to knock every girl down a couple of sizes in the waist.

Line_HTX

Unspecified illness... We'll probably never know what happened, RIP Takeda.

Akashic Records 04

Getting a little more into the backstory of Rumia and then academy competition, whoo...

Glenn's money match bet with the other teacher at least showed his faith in how he arranged all of his students in the different categories, haha. Not bad.

Qurupeke

LWA 18
UOovqxU.jpg
giu7UnA.png

It's sad that the best side character got her episode that late.

Definitely my favourite episode so far. It started with some very cute interactions between Constanze and Akko, and it ended up as a cool mecha fight. It even had a Gainax pose and a Giga Drill Breaker. Thanks Trigger.

blurr

Kado: The Right Answer's occasional riffs on linguistics and the meanings behind words kind of reminds me of The Arrival, it's sort of an obvious comparison but I'm pointing towards a parallel on its themes except they're both moving in the opposite direction.

The Arrival delves into the inherent complexity of human language and communication methods during their efforts to teach the species. Kado's zaShunina picks up on the language with ease but talks about the limitations of linguistics, there are moments when he mentions about how only a certain percentage of information is being delivered through speech or the language. Shindou insists on it because zaShunina's methods are either incomprehensible or it's much faster to relay incomplete information, essentially, a compromise is being made.

It's a cool thing that language isn't entirely put out of the question even if the species gets a grasp of it with ease.

If we're talking about feeding the "most progressive anime" narrative yeah. I think in general though it was an okay gag, at least more tasteful than it could've been in other anime.

I get what you're saying but for me, it didn't reflect well on my expectations for the girls in the show. More so, considering it takes place after that confrontation between Todoroki and Midoriya.

Cornbread78

Bastard Teacher ep.6
OK, I fold. This show is a LOT of fun to watch despite some obvious tropey $hit and garbage tier plot devices, like the kidnapping. The outcome of this episode was pretty cool and I'm interested in getting more info on Glenn's background through his old buddies. Good stuff, let's hope the "Rumia kidnapping" cycle doesn't continue.

Szadek

Attack on Titan - S2 .Ep. 6
Holy shit, this was so fucking stupid!
Dropped. It's not like I can take this show serious anymore after this nonsense.

ID-0 1

I'm still not sold on Sanzigen's CG animation - it looks worse here compared to BBK/BRNK, I think, due to weaker storyboarding and art direction - but narratively at least this has some interesting things going for it. Maya must be the unluckiest person alive. (Though at least she got her body back.)

Aki-at

All the stuff I'm seeing from this episode makes me tempted to pick up LWA again but not sure if I'll enjoy the past 7 or so episodes I missed.

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis - 2

That dance scene, mmhmmm. Favaro seems like a scumbag (My memory of episode 1 is a bit hazy but I assume he was equally scummy then too) and the series is pushing him towards being a good guy just from pure circumstance alone. I'm sure this might play on later with his relationship with the demon girl but I do enjoy a bit of reluctant heroism.

But the real hero of this story is the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom