• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Funkumenkei Noise ep.5
ZpldIG8.png

UOsrYcD.png
I'm not sure what it is about this show, but Alice's struggle is frustrating, annoying, amazing and enthralling all at the same time. What is going to happen with this triangle of emotions and feelings towards the characters and the music.

Also, please tell me we are not openly spoiling $hit from AoT in this thread as well? I'm holding off until the end of the season to watch it all...... uugghh

Line_HTX

The King's Avatar 06

LMAO, this show is getting more and more amazing. GET SMOKED, Hateful Sword. He got baited so hard that he forgot that there was a tournament going on.

Kado - 01

Can't help but feel a bit let down by some humanoid alien stepping out of that cube. Though that might just be a projection or whatever means of communication.

Certainly a good, intriguing first episode. That being said, Jesus died for our sins anime CGI character animation. Like, either get way, way better at it or stick to inanimate objects and effects. That cube looks perfectly fine or even pretty great. But man, I don't want to look at ugly, robotic characters -_-

phaze

So as of right now I'm planning to watch lwa once it ends, binge the whole mother. Is it worth it? Is techno witch prominent?

At this point in time I'd say: watch the Imashi ep and give it a rest. Techno witch shows up only in the second half (or end of first cour)

Also, she sucks.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Qurupeke

So as of right now I'm planning to watch lwa once it ends, binge the whole mother. Is it worth it? Is techno witch prominent?

You should be prepared for a bumpy ride. I'm waiting for the finale before declaring it something I'd recommend as a whole or not, but I'd say it's better if you could just watch the good episodes instead of everything. Generally, the second half is an improvement though, so if you can tolerate its first half, you can certainly continue with the rest. And no, I even forgot she was a character until now.

Also, she sucks.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Ascheroth

Bastard Teacher 06

On the fly weapon summoning will never not be badass.
Hopefully we'll continue to get more of the class involved in stuff. Even though their tournament appearences were pretty brief, they were still fun.
Nice job resolving the whole thing.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? aka What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? aka SukaSuka 05

Nice action. Loving those monster designs. Those flashbacks/visions/whatever they were were really creepy and unsettling in the best possible way. I'm really curious what's going on with that.
Ending of the episode was a little weird. Honestly I wish they'd tone the sappy romance angle between Willem and Cthully down a little, he's much better as the dad/big brother figure. Though it does appear he still mostly just sees his sister in her, and does not actually have any romantic feelings beyond that... yet.

Sterok

Little Witch Academia 18

I still want more Constanze/Croix, as they've got very similar specialties, but a fun episode otherwise. Akko and Constanze bonding was cute, adding mechs to anything is usually an improvement.

You should be prepared for a bumpy ride. I'm waiting for the finale before declaring it something I'd recommend as a whole or not, but I'd say it's better if you could just watch the good episodes instead of everything. Generally, the second half is an improvement though, so if you can tolerate its first half, you can certainly continue with the rest. And no, I even forgot she was a character until now.

I guess I'll wait for people to say what episodes are essential for the overall plot, but it seems fairly linear vs episodic sooo?

Ascheroth

The King's Avatar 06

Bwahahaha, get fucked Liu Tao/Hateful Sword. You got played like a fiddle, lol.
Shaotian is hilarious. As expected of the king of trash talk.

ID-0 2

It's been a long time since Taniguchi and Kuroda paired up (they were previously in charge in Infinite Ryvius and S-cry-ed), and them working together again has been a success so far. I'm impressed that even though this is a science fiction work with a lot of its own technical terminology, it doesn't get bogged down in exposition (the one piece of exposition at the beginning of this episode was handled in a rather clever manner) nor does it get so lost in technobabble that it forgets to give its characters personality. The way the events unfold feels natural as a result. It's also got a good balance of space adventure and serious themes, particularly revolving around consciousness. I'm liking this more than the other CG sci-fi anime this season (Kado). My interest in Kado is mostly curiosity to see where the writer will take its plot, whereas here I'm actually already somewhat invested in the characters. Hopefully the quality can keep up through the end, but at any rate I'm glad Taniguchi is doing something like this before he goes back to the Code Geass well for Sunrise.

Line_HTX

The King's Avatar 06

Bwahahaha, get fucked Liu Tao/Hateful Sword. You got played like a fiddle, lol.
Shaotian is hilarious. As expected of the king of trash talk.

Hao played himself, WHOO!

And holy shit, Shaotian needs to shut up and quit asking so many questions. He's one of those that never stops talking, aarrrgh...

Cornbread78

Sukasuka ep.5
Why isn't her hair red in this battle scene? Defunks the theory of her hair changing color during combat in the first episode...

A couple new plot points brought up in this episode. One with Willem and the MP officer holding him back. Who was he referring to? What is going on? That punch......

Also, the new enemy and how it affected Ctholly. What was up with all that.
Psychological warfare from a humanized monster? A monster with human communication abilities?

Finally, I really hope this image isn't as much obvious, ominous foreshadowing as can be derived....

I did shudder a little bit thinking about it...

phaze

I guess that's true. It still remains so simple and repetitive, though. E.g. the slave handlers could've at least some story of their own. Like, if the leader of the handlers in episode 5 had lost his wife to demon attacks back then, so his extreme treatment has some better motivation. It's not necessary as I don't expect slave traders to be the nicest folks but when we get a similar scene in every episode and they remain entirely one-note then it's easy to get bored.

What I'm also not liking at all is how there've been many fatal ambushes by the Rag-Demon, yet those groups don't appear to show any caution when they have every reason to be afraid.

They are slave traders. Dealing with slaves ... They're not exactly going to be pleasant fellows. I guess there could be some more nuance but I feel like that's expecting too much from what is still an action-adventure romp and a few short situations used to paint the current state of relations between the races. (species ?)

ef: A Tale of Memories 02
027606r4sbp.jpg
027610f5s75.jpg

If those awful designs keep coming this might turn out into my Clannad acclimatization camp.

Making such a fuss and episode ending revelation about Chihiro's ilness felt weird since it's been plain what was up with her since the first ep.

Kado 2-3

So I finally got back to this. It's ok, but while the Kado side of things(The technology, the thing itself and what it does) is cool, I think that the human side of it lacks the interesting omph! to makes this kind of show more then ok so far.

Kado 4

Hinamori and the other negotiator girl bigger presence this episode definitely helped my character problem. The car scene was pretty funny and really established what kind of character the girl is and the moments with Hinamori were just good, I really like the guy.

Taruranto

Natsume 6 #4
:shoujo

I remembered this chapter from the manga. I didn't remember the maid was a Yokai, but it was really super obviously in the anime the way her eyes were colored.

Also this episode didn't look dull as hell. Yay.

Kado 5

I liked this episode. Japan literally giving a big f*ck you to the UN. Pretty funny. I still definitely wouldn't call this the best show of the season like some people here since it lacks some WOW factor and like a really good character/designs, but it's fun.

BEYBLADE BURST #28 Mountains! Rivers! A Huge Stormy Adventure!

What a dramatic team captain episode, the bridge scene was so intense even if they could have easily made it since Toko and Niko would have been able to get across, but poor Wakiya, of all the things to be afraid of, wow.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kado 5

I liked this episode. Japan literally giving a big f*ck you to the UN. Pretty funny. I still definitely wouldn't call this the best show of the season like some people here since it lacks some WOW factor and like a really good character/designs, but it's fun.

I don't think there is a title in the universe that could knock MHA from your perch honestly.

A detailed report on Nagahama's The Reflection panel at Sakura-Con.

I understand you're a huge fan of Daredevil. Have you watched the Netflix version?

I really loved the Netflix version of Daredevil, I loved it. But there is one improvement I'd like to request: Daredevil's nose. It sort of looks like a Batman kind of shape, since that is the correct way to do it when it comes to protecting the nose. But when you look at Cap, his nose is actually out in the open. I'd like Daredevil's nose to show as well. I'm not going to ask too much, as far as having the D on his chest, but the nose at least should be different.

Nagahama's superhero geekery is adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom