• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Strike - A Rhapsody Called Lucy -The Very First Song-

A Luc[y]fer special episode. Oddly they ran into an issue since they called her Luc[y]fer in S1, then introduced a Lucifer in this, but his name is actually Satan so when speaking it can be a bit confusing, lol.

Lovely episode since she ended up taking up singing and joining an indie band at Monster Rock. The song was really awesome.

I miss her.

I don't think there is a title in the universe that could knock MHA from your perch honestly.

Sure, but even if MHA wasn't airing, shows like AoT, Tsukigakirei and Boruto are still more my thing then Kado.

I'm all for the day a show/series will get me as much as MHA as. We do get Ballroom this summer which is one of my current top favourite manga series. So this summer will be super hype! Two of my favourite series getting adapted at the same time.

Moaradin

I'm really looking forward to Ballroom. What I've read of the manga has been pretty fun. IG and Yuuki Hayashi on the anime is a good fit.

Suka Suka Ep 5

Very weird ending with Chtholly saying he shoudnt go. Guessing its an old friend that hes going to meet. Wonder what the creepy visions are about.

Kickz

Space Brothers 43

CAFbf33.jpg
sorok5R.jpg
Vs5uHow.jpg

Man was this intense, I was starting to hyperventilate with him lol.
What a twist there, with the ghost/hallucination actually keeping his word.

Kemono Friends - 12 FINAL
That was such a HYPEHAPPY PARTY TRAIN episode!
All the Friends Kaban met through the journey pull off this Big Damn Heroes moment!

kemono-friends.png

Honestly, from the first episode onwards, I was floored by how good the script was in spite of its memetically bad art style(still better than Berserk!).

I'm going to give this show, along with Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon and Konosuba 2 my Best Anime of Winter 2017.

And the award for most impressively bad pacing and poor characterization goes to... "Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? We really couldn't think of a title ka. Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?"

Keijo!!! - 05 & 06

I'm so impressed at this show that I'm equally disappointed at the manga's cancellation. Its lack of popularity in Japan is just an example of their poor taste. I just wish it were more popular so we could get some yuri shipping art & doujins.

Keijo!!! - 05 & 06

I'm so impressed at this show that I'm equally disappointed at the manga's cancellation. Its lack of popularity in Japan is just an example of their poor taste. I just wish it were more popular so we could get some yuri shipping art & doujins.

It wasnt cancelled due to popularity. It was cancelled because the workload was too much for the author and it couldn't keep up and they also couldnt find any assistants.

Boku no Hero Academia - 16 thru 19

Finally caught up with the anime and damn am I enjoying it alot. Tournament arcs are always exciting but I particularly enjoyed the obstacle race where Deku improvised a flying explosion. Not only did it look amazing but it shows cleverness on the part of his character which I hope continues.

As for the upcoming fight scenes, I'm guessing Deku's first opponent is a dude who wipes memories away? Weird power/Quirk but kinda looking forward to beyond that particularly Bakugou vs Uraraka. Betting the reason why Bakugou is set so far away from Deku is that a Deku vs Bakugou fight will be the final battle of this third challenge. Kinda sad that Todoroki is Deku's 2nd opponent, was hoping he will be later on for him.

Checked out the Sakura Quest dub tonight. Pretty solid all around. I actually ended up enjoying the episode more tonight than when I originally watched it when it premiered last month.

Tuck

AoT - 18
Lol, Reiner's ""Gotta marry her" line in one of the season 2 episodes was actually the second time he said that about Christa.

Rewatching this show is fun - the added context from the most recent episodes adds to it.

Izayoi

Banned
I think you're drunk.
YOU DON'T KNOW

Ha ha, no. It's all 2D animation. There's pretty heavy filtering of the linework in Granblue though, which is probably what you're sensing.
Woah, pretty cool then. I could've sworn the blue haired chick in the OP was a 3D model hut maybe I'm just getting too fucking old to tell or care about the difference.

Kobayashi Maid Dragon - Episodes 2 - 11

This is a good fucking show.
Yesssss

Clockwork Planet 1
download.png

What purpose do those gears serve? Why are they there?

So Clockwork Planet has probably the worst art I've seen all season. Almost every character, save for the bodyguard, has a design that is way too much, and the animation just can't keep up. That said, I want to give credit where credit is due. The music in this show is rather pleasant, and often flows nicely with the action on screen. (Not really sure who is responsible for this, maybe Satoshi Motoyama, who has some experience under his belt.)

The Laughing Salesman Episode 6
C_ck_MA0_Xg_AAAHs_T.jpg
C_ck_R9_LWs_AEk_V17.jpg
C_ck_Vb-_WAAAIFPc.jpg

Moguro literally shows up the second the weekly down on his luck loser trips. It's a somewhat comedic scene, but considering how the previous shots builds up Udo's height, it's telling that Moguro towers over him at their meeting.

While the second half of this episode was fine, I thought the first half was one of the best stories so far. (Also one of the cruelest. Poor sap didn't even really betray Moguro.) The giant lug just tried playing to his strengths, and probably doesn't have a future in Showbiz now...

C_cl_Hp_GXg_AETPfu.jpg

You ever know someone who has a painting like this? Just fucking run.

Sakura Quest 1 simuldub

They all did an excellent job dubbing this. I think so far they've all been both fitting and had great performances. It was a great episode on rewatch. I'll definitely be following the dub for this.

The Royal Tutor 2 simuldub

This is still my surprise of the season. Heine's interactions with the princes are funny, more so than I would've expected. Even the chibi stuff is pretty funny.

Akashic Records 3 simuldub

That was bloodier than I was expecting. Pretty hype episode, and all of the leads got a chance to shine. It's not the best anime, but it's actually pretty good. Better than I would've thought at first glance anyway. OP is surprisingly good too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At what point did Akko become a better thief than Amanda?

Sölf

Clockwork Planet 1

So Clockwork Planet has probably the worst art I've seen all season. Almost every character, save for the bodyguard, has a design that is way too much, and the animation just can't keep up. That said, I want to give credit where credit is due. The music in this show is rather pleasant, and often flows nicely with the action on screen. (Not really sure who is responsible for this, maybe Satoshi Motoyama, who has some experience under his belt.)

Clockwork Planet is great. It's in the "So bad it's good" tier of anime. We are watching this in our weekly stream this season and we are not sure if the show wants to be serious and is just bad, or if it actually parodies things.

Szadek

Sölf;236331762 said:
Clockwork Planet is great. It's in the "So bad it's good" tier of anime. We are watching this in our weekly stream this season and we are not sure if the show wants to be serious and is just bad, or if it actually parodies things.
Apparently it's just a pretty bad adaptation.

Cornbread78

Sölf;236331762 said:

Apparently it's just a pretty bad adaptation.

It's endearing in it's own way though, so it works.

zulux21

lots of good anime on sale on amazon right now

FLCL: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]- $12.99

Freezing: Season 1 [Blu-ray]-$8.49

Haganai (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai): Season 1 Classic (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)-$10.99

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 4 [Blu-ray]-$10.49

Tokyo Ghoul vA - Season Two (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)-$14.49

C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious: The Complete TV Series + OVA [Blu-ray + DVD]-$10.99

Dragonar Academy: The Complete Series (Blu-ray + DVD)-$12.49

Claymore: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]-$13.49

Wolf's Rain - $19.99

CODE GEASS COMPLETE CE - $21.99

Barakamon - $14.99

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S1&2 - $20.99

Free: Eternal Summer S2 Premium Edition - $24.99

Tokyo Ghoul S1 - $20.99

Tokyo Ghoul S2 - $14.99

Eureka Seven complete - $17.99

Ergo Proxy complete - $30.99

Soul Eater complete - $20.99

FLCL - $12.99

World Break, Aria of a Cursed Swordsman - $13.99

Sky Wizard's Academy - $20.99

Certain Magical Index II: Season Two [amazon.com] (Blu/Ray/DVD Combo) $12.49

Full Metal Panic: The Complete Series Classic [amazon.com] (Blu-Ray/DVD) $14.49

Black Lagoon: Season 1 & 2 [amazon.com] (Blu-Ray/DVD) $17.49

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis: The Complete Series [amazon.com] (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) $20.99

Psycho-Pass 2: Season Two [amazon.com] (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) $23.49
Psycho-Pass: Season One [amazon.com] (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) $25.99

Overlord: The Complete Series [amazon.com] (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) $25.99

High School Dxd Born: Season Three $22.99

Dance in the Vampire Bund: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. $8.99 (DVD)

note not all of that anime is good, but all of those prices are good for those series :p

Clov

Before anyone sees the price on the FLCL BD and thinks, "what a deal!", the video quality on it is apparently horrendous. Just letting you know in case you regret your purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom