• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Coincidentally this came up on my youtube feed.

GP8LWLx.png

I like watching the pairing. But yeah. This pairing is not good lmao.

Flowers of Evil 8 (Rewatch)

Watching this makes me sad that I can't expect The Reflection to have any long wordless walking scenes with meditative music. At least there'll be some more awesome Pablo backgrounds. Mmmm.

Well the show isn't over yet so I imagine the final takeaway will be more uplifting than that.

Most likely, yeah.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Of course there are significant systemic issues relating to the working conditions of animators, but your fantasies about everyone working in the industry hating their work, themselves, and everyone around them sound like "bizarre fetishization of the anime industry's problems".

Anyway, I hope that Jarmel's theory is not actually what Yoh Yoshinari wanted to go for with LWA, because if so it would lessen my respect for him.
Hey, I didn't even bring it up. lol

But I assume it's like the game's industry. Sometimes you work for a great company on a great game you care about, and sometimes you work for RockStar San Diego, apparently home of some of the worst employee practices in the industry.

Without union standards like in TV and film, it's always going to be a mixed bag.

Cornbread78

Cornbread did you literally start watching anime a few years ago when SAO came out

Yes. It was the first show I ever watched, Dec '15. I only watched it so I could play SAO; Hollow Fragment, which was on sale during the holiday PSN sale.. I then asked these jerks here what else I should watch and they made me watch TTGL, Madoka, School Days, etc, etc, etc..

kayos90

Yes. It was the first show I ever watched, Dec '15. Only watched it so I could play SAO; Hollow Fragment. Then asked these jerks here what else I should watch and they made me watch TTGL, Madoka, School Days, etc, etc, etc..

What. The. FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING?!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

kayos90

I remember when kayos90 was a SAO fanatic.

Then he talked to us.

I still am. but I also recognize the show is legit garbage tier minus the soundtrack and animation. Well... when they decide to you know... not use fucking still images to depict action.

I remember I was #2 poster in AnimeGAF right next to cajun but then life happened.

Cornbread78

What. The. FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING?!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

It's all R_Thoratos' fault. He said I had to watch the anime to play the game and to check in with this community about it. Lol.

It's a shame he doesn't post here anymore actually...

kayos90

I miss the times of :kayos. Simpler times. Anime didn't need to be great again.

Are those gifs still around? Does anyone have choice gems of some of my old posts? I sort of want to time travel and see what stupid shit I said when i was younger. Well... I still say stupid stuff. Just less stupid.

It's all R_Thoratos' fault. He said I had to watch the anime to play the game and to check in with this community about it. Lol.

It's a shame he doesn't post here anymore actually...

Well... SAO is bad. And you should feel bad for thinking it's critically good. There are other better shows to watch. Hell, even Aldnoah Zero is better with Inaho Yamato.

/XX/

Anyway, I hope that Jarmel's theory is not actually what Yoh Yoshinari wanted to go for with LWA, because if so it would lessen my respect for him.
It very well may be uplifting by the end, in the sense that Mr. Yoshinari & Co., possibly wanted to incorporate something akin to a sensible 'reality check' after the whole hope-and-dreams illusion galore of previous projects from the franchise:

Josh Dunham - Yoh Yoshinari Interview (AnimeStyle said:
[Yūichirō] Oguro: Changing subject, let’s talk about your latest work, Little Witch Academia. Is the story also an original idea of yours?

[Yō] Yoshinari: For the idea, yes. We discussed about it to decide of the direction we would give it. Since Anime Mirai is a project to raise young animators, we wanted to make the story in line with that concept. So we wondered if we couldn’t transpose the story of a new animator to something else. Then the first idea was something about a wizard’s apprentice.

Oguro: To ensure that animators participating could identify with the protagonist?

Yoshinari: That was the idea. The theme was about a young animator who joins the industry looking up to a -sorry for the term- lowbrow late-night magical girl anime. So he’s mocked by people around him.

Oguro: Oh I see.

Yoshinari: But we also wanted to show that kind of admiration is important. There is the story about Hayao Miyazaki entering the anime industry because he was moved by Panda and the Magic Serpent.

Oguro: About the fact that he admired the heroine?

Yoshinari: Then he watched the movie again afterwards and was disappointed by how bad it was (laugh). Yet, even if it’s actually not enjoyable at all, it can be irreplaceable for that person. What’s important is the feelings you got from watching it, and the fact that you had admiration for it. That’s the theme we were looking for.

Oguro: That’s the thoughts you placed in Akko’s character.

Yoshinari: Right. Akko’s like someone who joined the industry out of passion but without actual technique, so she can’t draw clean lines for in-betweens. Yet she has that egocentric confidence about being able to draw good key frames despite that. We wanted to transpose that idea in a wizard story, but it doesn’t really appear in the final product.
https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/01/03/yoh-yoshinari-interview-animestyle-032013-part-33/

Now it apparently comes the realisation of being on your own, making it all your own motive, trusting only on the judgement or decision made in itself and making it work instead of just recurring to the idealised figurehead one tries to cling to hopelessly (in search for vane mimicking camouflaged as inspiration). One could think this aims at making individuals be aware of how to achieve a more realistic objective while attaining as necessary each step (and feeling) they had to endure in the process, that way carving paths they can call theirs alone... be it Akko or any youngster in the Japanese animation industry!

kayos90

Valvrave is vastly superior than Aldnoah Zero.

Yeah ok so is Cross Ange. There's 100 shitty mecha shows from the past 10 years and at a certain point ordering them around is futile

Sorry. No fucking way.

Mecha Design

Cross Ange >>>>>>>>> Valrave >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aldnoah Zero

Character Design

Aldnoah Zero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Valvrave > Cross Ange

Story

Aldnoah Zero > Cross Angel > Valvrave

they're all fucking trash minus the mecha designs.

:D

I think Cornbread is the only one who said that...

Lol

Oh, there are a few in here who think that from what i've read in the past. They know who they are.

Yes. It was the first show I ever watched, Dec '15. I only watched it so I could play SAO; Hollow Fragment, which was on sale during the holiday PSN sale.. I then asked these jerks here what else I should watch and they made me watch TTGL, Madoka, School Days, etc, etc, etc..

I think School Days is the only mean one. Damn you, AnimeGAF, for that one. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

I remember when kayos90 was a SAO fanatic.

Then he talked to us.

LMAO

I still am. but I also recognize the show is legit garbage tier minus the soundtrack and animation. Well... when they decide to you know... not use fucking still images to depict action.

I remember I was #2 poster in AnimeGAF right next to cajun but then life happened.

Were you #2?

And, yeah, life does have a funny way of doing that.

I admittedly really like the first arc of SAO, but it's by no means good. Just the right amount of wish fulfillment I needed for a relationship in anime to go somewhere.

Then they go on a honeymoon, and immediately get a fucking child because the writer knew I was enjoying it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom