• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
When I say that AZ is one of the better ones in the past decade, that's not really a shining show of support or reinforcement/praise....

Kickz

Inuyasha The Final Act Ep 17
0Hahndv.jpg
GTovtGe.jpg
PtP1WUx.jpg

Punished Sesshomaru is finally redeemed, looks like their dad was just teaching him a life lesson all along.
I like that his new sword atomatically allows him to regrow his arm. I had some OCD about him just walking around and fighting awkwardly with one arm all this time.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 59

When you're swamped from work and deadlines, the natural thing to do is go fishing early in the morning. Because idols don't need to sleep obviously. I have no idea if it's natural for idols to design their own dresses, but I'll accept it here because Aikatsu. But I would like Yume to work more with the people running the brand. Kids are cute and all, but I prefer seeing the professional side of the industry. Though maybe doing it herself is why she didn't get the wings. Work with the pros folks.

MSMrRound

Also to the folks saying LWA got good... Must be a good thing it only took 22 episodes right lmfao

It's not just that. It's easy to be on the outside looking in and laughing at a series for taking that long to get to what we might consider to reach the "good" status, but rather it's the fact that events of the episode flips all we previously known and assumed over on its head....entirely.

That's why even some of the more cynical LWA watchers like Jarmel were giving praise for the episode, at how Trigger went about pulling off the twist.

Pooya

lwa was always fun to watch.

people that will be watching this on netflix will like it a lot more overall. When you don't have weekly gaps, it's even a better show. It was all planned.

KraytarJ

Eccentric Family 2-9
Yajiro leaving really put his and Yasaburo's relationship into perspective for me. Even though he was just a frog in a well for so long, Yajiro was able to be such a key support system for Yasaburo that with his exit is going to force Yasaburo to change quite a bit considering his other brothers can't offer him that same support. As for the hype af cliffhanger, at this point Benten has just become a petulant child to me, the first person who not only defies her but openly loathes her has caused her to act so spoiled and entitled that any positive feelings I had for her character have all but dissipated.

LotusHD

Banned
It's not just that. It's easy to be on the outside looking in and laughing at a series for taking that long to get to what we might consider to reach the "good" status, but rather it's the fact that events of the episode flips all we previously known and assumed over on its head....entirely.

That's why even some of the more cynical LWA watchers like Jarmel were giving praise for the episode, at how Trigger went about pulling off the twist.

I thought Nier was the only thing I'd experience this year that recontextualized stuff in such a big way, but here we are.

it was always watchable

Fixed

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Imagine if Madoka's dramatic arc was reversed, and episode 3 was episode 10, while episodes 1-2 took up episodes 1-9.

That's LWA basically.

I don't know why you listen to this thread anymore. Most people here have bad taste and are jaded adults forcing themselves to like childish things. It's insufferable. The amount of negativity here. Every popular show is the "worst thing ever" if you listen to AnimeGAF. If you are enjoying it, why would you believe their irrational hatred?

But Aldnoah Zero was never popular enough to begin with. :p

Black Lagoon 1

If I find this boring, I can only imagine how mindnumbing I'd find Re:Creators.

I know you usually shy away from dubs, but you might want to watch this dubbed. The dub is much better in my opinion. Although, you will get some rather adorable Engrish by Megumi Toyoguchi later in the series if you stick with the sub.

I know you usually shy away from dubs, but you might want to watch this dubbed. The dub is much better in my opinion. Although, you will get some rather adorable Engrish by Megumi Toyoguchi later in the series if you stick with the sub.

I'll take that into consideration if I decide to watch more sometime, but nothing in the first episode made me want to continue it right now. It's ugly, sluggish, and there's a lot of uninteresting talking.

Line_HTX

Eh, not many action series have good first episodes anyway. I think it is Hiroe's best work, which is why sometimes I wonder if he was trying too hard with Re:Creators.

Black Lagoon does not have long stretches of mind numbing talk IIRC.

Branduil

I do think that Black Lagoon is a show that gets better as it goes along. Although if you hate the first episode I'm not sure your overall opinion would change.

Jintor

i think black lagoon's concept was better than its execution, but its execution isn't by any means boring or terrible.

however, my favourite bit of black lagoon is the omake manga where they treat it like black lagoon is a tv show being filmed and talk about the 'actors' for every character and stuff

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Black Lagoon was pretty great.

black_lagoon___cigarette_kiss_by_lethallica.png

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

Jintor

yeah rock slowly getting more and more shitty (and awesome) is an integral part of that series

the corruption in that series is so depressing

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm glad my first anime was Bible Black. I can't imagine what kind of depraved person I'd have grown up to be if SAO was my first.

Quasar

I'm glad my first anime was Bible Black. I can't imagine what kind of depraved person I'd have grown up to be if SAO was my first.

Not sure what my first was. Something before I knew anime was a thing. Like maybe speed racer or kimba. Or maybe Lion Voltron or Battke of the Planets.

But when I more recently tried to get into anime and give it another try it was Ah My Goddess. It's all thanks to Netflix streaming. If it wasn't for that I'd still be hate reading and watching superhero bullshit.

Jintor

dragonball or pokemon almost certainly.

but my first anime-ass anime was probably love hina which has had wide repercussions which reverberate to this day

My first anime were Speed Racer and Sailor Moon. My mom loved Speed Racer as a kid and we used to watch it when I was a kid because they were still airing re-runs. I actually didn't like it all that much and vastly preferred Sailor Moon but told no one of that back then.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep.106
Dammit, I knew it was coming, but these OP bad Grimoire Heart black guild members are starting to piss me off.. They are so badass that even the legendary black wizard is no match, GTFO with this shit.

Quasar

Virgin Soul 6-9 - I'd given up and stopped watching, but was bored and went through episodes 6-9 tonight. Episode 9 was great. Turned it right around for me.

Thud

I grew up with Alfred J. Kwak, Cubitus (Dommel) and Ox Tales (Boes Boes). Spoiled with good Dutch voice acting.

I understand that, and it may even be brilliant, but you can't justify having to watch something that isn't all that great for 22 minutes 21 times, until an episode 22 surfaces that makes the show amazing all of a sudden. Believe me, I love Trigger and all, but you can't do this in this day an age with so much else to watch or do. It's like MHA, when folks say "season 1 is slow and annoying, but season 2 is great!". I really don't want to go through 11-13 episodes just to get to the good part. Skipping over the content would also mean not getting the backstory (in my case I am familiar with the manga, but you get what I mean?). There is a certainly​ a beauty to having a crescendo of excitement until reaching a climax, but that doesn't justify having to watch so much mediocre content. Remember Phantom World? I thought the last few episodes were great! But I'd never be able to recommend the show due to how every episode before those 2 were between bad to mediocre.

it was always good
Naaaah what's this all of a sudden. Maybe one or two people legitimately loved this show every week, but everyone else didn't seem to think the same. As an outsider I read all of the impressions each and every week, with folks constantly complaining about the show. I wanted to jump in, but I always stopped on my tracks.

I think my first must have been Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds. That shit aired on the neighboring country's TV channel and it was sooo good. I had a VHS tape of the first 5 episodes that I'd watch on repeat as a little kid because I loved the show so much

Look how cool these 4 looked:
dogt03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom