• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-at

The manga's still being published actively in the USA and has long passed where the show ends. It's still really good and funny, there's even been (a very small amount of) progress in some of the relationships as of the latest volume. I highly recommend picking it up.

After I finish with the series I might just do that, everyone's glowing reviews has me hyped to see more.

Unless I'm mistaken, she's even voiced by Sawashiro... that's just too perfect.

Oh damn you're right.

This character is perfect.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yakitate!! Japan Bread-puns the show- 02-05 (or so)

Honestly, it seems decent enough but I'm not that interested in a bread-restricted Shokugeki no Soma of sorts. The characters are just too simple and there's basically no engaging plot.

And when the rival store's manager turned out to be the oh so god damn obnoxious flamboyant drag queen I immediately lost the little drive I had left.
Well, how about if i tell you that in the later episode,tthe reaction become far far crazier, and when i say crazier,we're talking about reality warping bread. The kind that erase history, turn someone into a panda, or causing someone to go to literal heaven.

And yes, i'm still talking about the same show

Edit: evil bread man is manga only character (lol)

Pooya

LWA - 22

oh my... here comes the plot twist.

can't say I expected it, this was supposed to be a happy show.

2 episodes left? damn...

I'm guessing Mike Hattsu will provide more Euphonium pics and renting places now that these two new movies got announced, right?

;P

Hey! You're gonna do that too this Fall!

suffering2ocoy7.gif

Don't have too much fun without me, okay?

ibyea

Banned
Sakura Quest: 1-9
I like the comedy, but the drama could use some work. I can't get enough of the old man with the zany schemes. He is a funny character, and furthermore, as annoying as he is, he is the only one in the town who seems to have a real drive to change the way things are done, as ineffective as a lot of it is. Hilariously enough, Yoshino, who at the beginning was so reluctant with everything, is slowly turning into this old man in essence.

Travelling Salesman: 3
I don't quiet understand what the issue was with the characters in the first story. Apparently bentos are serious business. I liked the second story better, with the overworked guy who just wanted to get on the luxury train one more time to deal with stress, consequently this one really bummed me out.

Not really. It's probably something they could have hinted at earlier rather than in retrospect.

I'll just put this in spoiler just incase:

I mean he does flip flop between his two sides fairly often depending on what scene he's in and basically every scene that includes Berthold, Reiner or Annie has a new meaning once you know who they are.

Of course Reiner doesn't have any mental breakdowns on screen while in the vicinity of regular soldiers and a real breakdown is something his split personality is protecting him from in part.

It's understandable that Reiner starts to go more nuts in e31 when they're on the wall. He and Berthold have been extremely exhausted, searching for the hole in the wall and then fighting Titans through the night. They saw Ymir transform and were constantly on the brink of transforming themselves. The, evidently to them meaningful, Beast Titan made its appearance. Reiner broke his arm saving Connie, which is troublesome because he simply cannot regenerate it if he doesn't want to break his cover and a broken arm takes a long time to heal properly. That means he might not be able to go out on mission with Berthold together, making their mission and whole situation just the more dangerous. Well, then Ymir actually survived the ordeal and they knew she ate their friend. So, they know Ymir might reveal crucial information concerning the titans to the Survey Corp AND maybe even their identity/past encounter. So really, they couldn't have been in a much more stressful situation and were basically forced to act, too.

So, Reiner cracking then isn't too surprising and heck, asking Eren to come along peacefully might have been wishful thinking but why not try.

Theonik

So what's worth picking up this season anyway. Still got a hell of a backlog so I'm not terribly fussed for things to watch but I aim to populate the backlog.

And NO I am NOT watching BNHA. I might consider it but only after both seasons get BD releases.

So what's worth picking up this season anyway. Still got a hell of a backlog so I'm not terribly fussed for things to watch but I aim to populate the backlog.

And NO I am NOT watching BNHA. I might consider it but only after both seasons get BD releases.

Attack on Titan (if you're into that)
Show of the season for me is the Chinese esports one.

Qurupeke

Just watch the Eccentric Family.

Jintor

She's also my favorite, but everyone in the main cast is fantastic. I still can't believe this didn't get a S2 before Umaru or New Game

yeah the adaptation was pretty dope.

i might rewatch it actually

i mean i quite like umaru and new game, but nozaki-kun is some fucking high tier comedy

Sterok

Little Witch Academia 22

Huh, that's an actual twist that casts multiple previous events in a new light. Kudos Trigger. Always like those. Magic from dreams, magic from emotions, what's the difference? Your idols are never as pure as you expect them to be. Well hopefully Diana can teach Akko some of her secret sauce.

blurr

Kado: The Right Answer 08

I make no exaggeration when I say I legit for a moment thought I'd lose my sleep tonight after that broadcast. The warnings and the interview was setup quite convincingly.

Now on the matter of Saraka's perspective of things: It's not what or how she said that was a bit ridiculous(I use ridiculous a bit cautiously, I can't say if I'm surprised or baffled by it) but the fact that she even had such a perspective in the first place. She did a pretty good job in approaching the topic to Shindo and her perspective is something worth giving some thought at the very least. That's something I'm assuming Shindo is going to do and discuss with Yah. It's really hard to believe she had such a grander view of things when she hinted on very little of it until this episode. The other time she was against Yah, it was when Wam was under question but it really felt like she was just being paranoid and generally afraid of change.

This is a pretty good breakdown of the episode. I'm constantly surprised by the questions the show brings up.

MSMrRound

Little Witch Academia 22

Whew Trigger
PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE ALL ALONG

*Claps*

unprecedented drop in students enrolling in Luna Nova. It suddenly makes sense now. DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Attack on Titan 35

This is getting hype! Too bad there is only two episodes left...

My Hero Academia 23

Tournament arc has been nothing but great. I really don't see them topping this episode. It was amazing. And I am glad that
Deku lost
. I was satisfied how that was handled and makes me root for him more than before..

Eromanga-sensei 9

I'm one with the trash, the trash is with me. I'm one with the trash, the trash is with me. I'm one with the trash, the trash is with me.

You have reached anime enlightenment. Welcome brother.

Have you heard the good word about Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata?

I love Saekano, but I haven't started the second season quite yet.

Eromanga-Sensei is the trashiest show I've ever watched, though...

Well...no...wait... There was Oreimo and...and... *cries* S-School Days...

*sobs* *curls up into a ball*

Ascheroth

Macross Delta 23-26 (End)

Decided to see this through for... reasons, seeing as I wasn't missing much.
Was it worth it? ...Not really. I surprisingly ended up enjoying 22 and 23 quite a bit, and the actual ending was a weird mix of... weird, cheesy and kinda hype but not really and overall a let-down.

Show really peaked with the climax of the first half. In general the first half easily is a 9, but than it falls off a cliff and starts varying wildly, mostly because it starts focusing more on the villains, which are awful at worst and bland at best. The second half as a whole is probably a 4 or 5, with couple of stand out moments here and there.

Basically, it went from
twv9zAx.gif

to
The special episode 18 ending song was great though.

Bullshit Salesman Show 09

I understand. This is some Truman Show shit. Different people but that same coworker, and Moguro has the ability to do all this because everyone is in on it!

...Probably not but when the 2nd half of the episode focuses on preying on a lonely old man I need to come up with some explanation for why anyone would write a show like this

phaze

Conglaturations, Clov~

Also man, anime is still terrible it seems. lol

Why u not watching Zaregoto.

Beheading Cycle: The Blue Savant and the Master of Nonsense (sic) 02
You know they take the title seriously when only two characters get to keep their heads firmly attached to the rest of their bodies in the (pretty neat) OP.
And one of two loses it by the end of episode.
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

I remember first episode failing in eliciting any kind of reaction but this was actually pretty captivating, even if this was still 20 minutes of back&forth dialogue between the characters. I guess it's reminder that Nisio stuff in mono could be pretty hit&miss for me too. Not really fond of mc-kun who in many ways seems like bootleg araragi but some reveals from here promise some interesting things in his relationship with what I assume is the titular Blue Savant. Really liking OP&ED tracks.

Line_HTX

Macross Delta 23-26 (End)

Show really peaked with the climax of the first half. In general the first half easily is a 9, but than it falls off a cliff and starts varying wildly, mostly because it starts focusing more on the villains, which are awful at worst and bland at best. The second half as a whole is probably a 4 or 5, with couple of stand out moments here and there.

I will never forgive what they did to Mikumo's character in the final 4 or 5 episodes. Literally a crime was committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom