• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we had that excellent read on Sakuga Blog explaining it, but...

download_1.png

Why?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I see there's been a disagreement of what can be regarded as a masterpiece when it comes to anime (btw Hyouka isn't one) so I feel we should here and now come up with the definitive list of what the masterpieces are.

To get the ball rolling I propose Another.
Infinite Stratos.

Aikidoka

I'm pretty sure that nothing happened in AoT S2 Ep. 3. Wasn't a fan of Sasha suddenly getting the spotlight for ep 2 either, but at least it kinda had some substance to it.

edit: also, the recent focus on Titan's inability to move during the night makes me wonder make wonder if there's an in-universe reason for why the Scout Regiment always planned to do their scouting during the daytime? At least that's the impression I had from S1.

edit: also, the recent focus on Titan's inability to move during the night makes me wonder make wonder if there's an in-universe reason for why the Scout Regiment always planned to do their scouting during the daytime? At least that's the impression I had from S1.

Yeah because it gets really dark. While most Titans go mostly comatose without sunlight, some abnormals do not and if it was pitch black and all you had was a torch to make it extremely obvious where you are, you would be fucked.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 39

8TY2IW8.png

Oh man, Master Asia and Domon trapped underground and forced to work together? I always dig that episode plot.

I wonder how Master and Domon are going to break out from underneath all that rubble?

oybMfOQ.gif

THEY JUST PUNCH-KICK A BUILDING

Oh is Master Asia summoning Master Gundam? I guess that means the horse mech will come out and...

49wwmQ8.gif

THE HORSE IS GETTING A SUIT UP SEQUENCE

Grexeno

Re:Creators 02

I appreciate that this show is taking everything to it's natural conclusion instead of just stopping halfway.

Kickz

Hero Academia ep 16

Pace felt a little better this ep, Deku with the nice technique.

I wish they made all the classes heroes, because those business guys seem so usleess lol.

My Hero Academia episode 16

zelda-cartoon-link-boazoed.gif

Show is going at a pretty decent pace this season. Has been a consistent 2 chapters per episode. Really wonder where it's gonna end.

LOL, Deku is Link confirmed

Aikidoka

Yeah because it gets really dark. While most Titans go mostly comatose without sunlight, some abnormals do not and if it was pitch black and all you had was a torch to make it extremely obvious where you are, you would be fucked.

If it's known that some abnormals do not, then why
does everyone in the 3rd episode act so surprised at all the titans moving at night?
Also I'm not sure I'd buy the idea that seeing in the dark is a more difficult problem to solve than active hoards of titans that decimate them everytime.

Attack on Titan 28

I'm pretty fond of this Utgard Castle arc. Excited to see it go down.

If it's known that some abnormals do not, then why
does everyone in the 3rd episode act so surprised at all the titans moving at night?
Also I'm not sure I'd buy the idea that seeing in the dark is a more difficult problem to solve than active hoards of titans that decimate them everytime.

Because there are like 100 of them, not one. Also there's the Beast Titan.

Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 13 END (EngDub)

Good conclusion to an entertaining anime, the fighting game episode is probably my favorite followed by the robot episode. Tama-II is really good lead and I wish we could get more of this anime.

Ascheroth

I feel like I keep asking this every few weeks/months (and I think I've never gotten an answer, lol), but honestly: is it even possible to find anime on Amazon without already knowing a series exists and actively looking for it?
I've never used Prime Video before but looking at the 'start page' there's a lot of stuff with lots of categories - except anime.

Also why do my posts keep appearing at earlier places. I've clearly posted after DTL.

So I see there's been a disagreement of what can be regarded as a masterpiece when it comes to anime (btw Hyouka isn't one) so I feel we should here and now come up with the definitive list of what the masterpieces are.

Future Diary

I feel like I keep asking this every few weeks/months (and I think I've never gotten an answer, lol), but honestly: is it even possible to find anime on Amazon without already knowing a series exists and actively looking for it?
I've never used Prime Video before but looking at the 'start page' there's a lot of stuff with lots of categories - except anime.

Also why do my posts keep appearing at earlier places. I've clearly posted after DTL.
Prime video for Canada has an anime category with the most popular being first to appear. So I guess your region just doesn't have one?

jbug617

Banned
Aniplex is also releasing Magi on Bluray
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-anohana-anime-series-announces-cast/.114881

In addition, Aniplex of America announced that it will release the Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic anime on Blu-ray Disc box sets. Both sets will ship on June 27 with a store price of US$119.98. Each will include 25 episodes with Japanese and English audio, the textless opening and closing sequences, and the English trailer.

If you type anime in the search bar, then you can select on the sidebar genre anime.

On the start page, theres also recommended anime section.

Ascheroth

For me it's like this
jvoPxr0.jpg
That's an improvement.
If you type anime in the search bar, then you can select on the sidebar genre anime.

On the start page, theres also recommended anime section.
Oh yeah, I tried that, but the sorting was crap.
...And I've only just now noticed you can sort by 'recent additions', which I suppose will do.
Thanks.

(I don't have the recommended anime section).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In the US, your recommended anime bar for Prime should be...just about every anime they have on Prime Video. It's a weird selection of crap with about three good shows.

Attack on Titan 28

This was the first truly great episode. The beast titan and his crew freaks me out.

Hopefully next week Eren gets in on the action.

I second this. I got more enjoyment out of this than I needed to and I'll keep pretending it was unintentionally funny which makes it better

KraytarJ

Madoka Magica 3
I was basically waiting for the other shoe to drop for quite a while toward the end there. Flags just kept getting set up that something was about to go wrong. My thought was just if it'd be Sayaka or Mami, and of course it was the worse of the two options. Even though the not being alone anymore stuff really made me think something bad was going to happen, that whole scene really endeared Mami to me. Also, that's probably the most perfect ED change ever.

Quasar

Prime video for Canada has an anime category with the most popular being first to appear. So I guess your region just doesn't have one?

Australia has that too. So easy to find new anime. Though the order is weird. I'd prefer latest added/updated first or alphabetical.

Re:Creators 2

Man, that first half was absolutely boring. Exposition dragged on for so long alongside the generically bland MC who is still as bland as always.

At least the second half was some really stupid fun. "Usually there's no blood." Hahahaha.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My Hero Academia S2 3
The content is still too straightforward for a rigid adaptation like this. The second obstacle of the relay race is maybe the perfect example of something that just feels like a time drain when shifted to an animated format. There are pillars to cross and literally nothing happens on top of them. There is no real story event here so the scenario just feels very empty. MHA really pushes quantity over all else, and the sheer variety of heroes is supposed to be part of the entertainment, but I don't feel like that plays very well for a TV show, and the entire relay race fails to highlight anyone. If anything it undercuts a number of heroes who feel like they should have some kind of leverage in the setting, but the outcome here is predetermined in a way that feels cheap and thoughtless. Each individual has very basic powers, so when there is not interesting way for them to interact with each other everything is not going to be very interesting. At the very least the next event seems more thoughtfully constructed.

BluWacky

Re:Creators 2

Pithy one-word posts aside, this is not a well-crafted episode.

The first half is a very long and yet mostly self-explanatory infodump; the most interesting part of which being that there will not be any vaguely interesting exploration of the culture shock of being dumped into another world because a magic book has told them everything they need to know to adjust (of course). The episode director attempts to jazz this up by showing some "every day life" scenes over the exposition, but mostly this just serves to reveal that there is nothing to reveal - never mind the fact that no-one seems to mind that a statuesque red-haired warrior in full armour goes grocery shopping, yet her appearance is somehow remarkable later on in the episode.

The second half features a flashy fight scene, but the build-up to it made little sense to me (some sort of disagreement about getting Creators to rewrite their stories so bad stuff doesn't happen?) and it has a deus ex machina ending that was presumably the actual point of it happening which was rather frustrating (not to mention it being tension-free as we're so early in the series and most of the principal characters have yet to be introduced).

I only really watched this to see the OP, which was unfortunately something of a letdown; not much movement of any interest, although tonally it's more suitable in its take on the show's premise (the ED throws all this out the window with cute girl antics). I guess I'll try and continue on until Maaya Sakamoto's character is introduced, but thus far it's not particularly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom