• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

My Hero Academia S2 3

The show still adapts the material slowly but fortunately the tournament is much more fast paced than usually, so it doesn't feel like a slog. Too bad there's nothing as exciting as Todoroki's advance of the previous episode this time.

Moaradin

My Hero Academia episode 16

zelda-cartoon-link-boazoed.gif

Show is going at a pretty decent pace this season. Has been a consistent 2 chapters per episode. Really wonder where it's gonna end.

Quasar

Doing a deep dive on Star Wars Rebels.I guess I can look past CG animation after all. I guess as long as its space I'm OK. i was OK with Sidonia too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 3:

You know that ending would have more credibility if Deku had a luck based quirk or something other than inexplicable shield hack powers.

My Hero Academia 16
YOOOOOOOOOOOO DEKU!!!!!!!!!! My level of excitement reached MAX this episode! Deku really showed everyone just how awesome he is. I got how you felt All Might, that was great!

MHA's new season is so visually dynamic and full of energy! I'm still shaking!

Also compliation of Bakugo faces!
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 3:

You know that ending would have more credibility if Deku had a luck based quirk or something other than inexplicable shield hack powers.
What's inexplicable? He used his quick thinking and what was on hand.
The mines were also confirmed non-lethal, so I really doubt it would have broke his metal shield.

Szadek

So I see there's been a disagreement of what can be regarded as a masterpiece when it comes to anime (btw Hyouka isn't one) so I feel we should here and now come up with the definitive list of what the masterpieces are.

To get the ball rolling I propose Another.
Another is indeed a comedy masterpiece.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia 16

YOOOOOOOOOOOO DEKU!!!!!!!!!! My level of excitement reached MAX this episode! Deku real showed everyone just how awesome he is. I got how you felt All Might, that was great!

MHA's new season is so visually dynamic and full of energy! I'm still shaking!

Also compliation of Bakugo faces!

What's inexplicable? He used his quick thinking and what was on hand.
The mines were also confirmed non-lethal, so I really doubt it would have broke his metal shield.

How do I put this, he seemed to prevail though the power of the protagonist more then anything else, which struck me a a bit strange since the underdog types don't place like this this early. Now I see what the true game is it is actually a bit of clever subversion.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wrath of Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 2:

Yea, not going to lie here, not a fan of the direction of the season, mainly because Bahamut was always at its best being a light heated adventure romp and this dour Demon slavery storyline just isn't that interesting. I do like Nina as the new protagonist though I have questions about her abilities.
What happens when Dragon Girl here finally gets laid given that her transformation powers are based on sexual arousal.

blurr

My Hero Academia 03

When you thought things were going just too fine for Deku, it ended with a major bomb.

Still, ten million lmao.

Chase17

My Hero Academia 16
Really fun episode! It does seem silly when they show Deku climbing on the tightrope with a huge piece of metal, but it leads to the hype moment so I don't mind. Mei's showboating/showmanship is great, looking forward to more of that in the next event. Kirishima getting some decent screen time. The narration during the previews has been hilarious so far.

Only complaint about this series is that the intro has Deku in his mask :)

BEYBLADE VForce #20 The Power Half Hour!!

Many characters brought up a good point about cheating, there wasnever any technical inspections of the Beys before, so they could have got away with cheating. Though Im glad we did have the traditional cheating type episode to teach Tyson and viewers a lesson about hard work and determination.

Dragoon wasnt even wanting to be a part of it either.
C9dUbELXsAECxxe.jpg:large

Ascheroth

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? is sukasuka, right?

This is a dumb name btw
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?
aka
What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
aka
SukaSuka

BluWacky

This is a dumb name btw

The word shuumatsu in the title is a homophonic pun - 週末 means "weekend", but here it's instead spelt 終末, which is basically just "the end" (possibly of everything). The normal question "What're you up to at the weekend? Are you busy?" is therefore transformed...

It's still not the best title in the world, but you can at least see what the author was going for.

Tonton

The word shuumatsu in the title is a homophonic pun - 週末 means "weekend", but here it's instead spelt 終末, which is basically just "the end" (possibly of everything). The normal question "What're you up to at the weekend? Are you busy?" is therefore transformed...

It's still not the best title in the world, but you can at least see what the author was going for.

That's actually pretty cool and if they left it at just the first question I think it'd have been a good title then, just too long otherwise
But I guess overly long names are what seems to be hip and cool lately in Japan

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 28:
This was a pretty funny episode, with some great scenes with Yuujin and Offmon, and a lot of good gags, as well as some sweet development stuff. Haru and Yuujin's friendship remains really great, and I loved the scene near the end with them.

And the very end of the episode was pretty sinister, and gives me some more speculation fuel going forward.
I'm increasingly convinced that Yuujin might be an android or cyborg of some kind, with a very sophisticated AI that thinks it's human. His "mom" seems quite sinister and is definitely in the know on what the truth is. And when you consider that Yuujin's buddy is Offmon who will eventually evolve into Shutmon, which is a "forced termination app", things could potentially get messy.
I don't know if I'm right on that, but it would fit everything that's been revealed so far, and it would definitely make for a very memorable second half of the show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 3:

So they can apply same lateral thinking in some places but not others, how very curiously inconsistent.
They have it mapped and corroborated that the walls are made of titan secretions but nobody seems to be putting the equation together on the incredible appearing titans being the result of some conversion instituted by The Beast Titan.
At any rate, the production is already taking a hit as I have seen quite a few stretches on non-animation.

Someone at Sakugabooru really likes MHA.
I mean it's understandable! MHA is amazing!
Lots of great animations
My Hero Academia S2 3

The show still adapts the material slowly but fortunately the tournament is much more fast paced than usually, so it doesn't feel like a slog. Too bad there's nothing as exciting as Todoroki's advance of the previous episode this time.

I've been curious about this, but what do you mean by slowly? No scenes are dragged out(Every scenes has character moving or interacting), no flashbacks and the material is pretty much 1:1 with some expended upon character interaction and actions moments. The 2 chapter adapted today were the last 2 of volume 3 and were pretty much perfect adaption wise. I just want to know since it's a comment I see by some people here and they never say why.

Erigu

Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 3:

So they can apply same lateral thinking in some places but not others, how very curiously inconsistent.
They have it mapped and corroborated that the walls are made of titan secretions but nobody seems to be putting the equation together on the incredible appearing titans being the result of some conversion instituted by The Beast Titan.
For one thing, you seem to be thinking of two fairly different types of "conversion" (unless you think the Beast Titan turned part of the wall back into Titans, perhaps?), but more importantly, we're dealing with two groups that haven't exchanged their respective findings yet: the characters who know about the titan in the wall don't know that the titans inside Wall Rose seem to have appeared out of nowhere, and the characters who know about that aren't aware of the titan in the wall.

Lots of great animations

I've been curious about this, but what do you mean by slowly? No scenes are dragged out(Every scenes has character moving or interacting), no flashbacks and the material is pretty much 1:1 with some expended upon character interaction and actions moments. The 2 chapter adapted today were the last 2 of volume 3 and were pretty much perfect adaption wise. I just want to know since it's a comment I see by some people here and they never say why.

I can't comment on these chapters, I've never read them since I've always stuck to legal release and when I started the series they were skipped by Jump, but I agree that the series isn't adapting slowly. I do however think MHA can just be naturally slow. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, as I like how MHA takes its time to build everything up, but I do think it tends to move a little slower than other Shonen.

phaze

I mean, I find the pace good enough in the last 2 episodes but you're blind if you're not seeing the padding at the beginning of this one. Only after 2 minutes and 20 seconds of intro and recaps (not counting the OP) did it went into the new material.

There are also material specific bits that can make it feel drawn out such as the usual narrator introductions to characters and their quirks.

tumblr_oogdhvT8su1u4bp3uo2_500.gif

That moment your own cleverness screws you over.

Lots of great animations

Prior to this season starting, people convinced themselves that the series would blow past these next few arcs quickly and that it would end with
All Might vs One for All
but now reality is setting in that that won't be the case lol

Trickster 19 - 22 (Engdub)

Episode 22 using the piano version of 1 hope sniper is still the best.

Enjoyed the dub take of Hide joining Han and Ino as they pursued Koba's memories, especially Hide's comments as well as Pippo's random attacks on Han, lol.

Kind of wish Hide and co didnt just drive off into the sunset exiting the anime :(

I mean, I find the pace good enough in the last 2 episodes but you're blind if you're not seeing the padding at the beginning of this one. Only after 2 minutes and 20 seconds of intro and recaps (not counting the OP) did it went into the new material.

There are also material specific bits that can make it feel drawn out such as the usual narrator introductions to characters and their quirks.
I'll give you the 2 minutes of today's episode(which did not drag the pacing down), but people were saying the pacing was glacial last week which had no 2 minutes recap. And this makes no sense to me whatsoever. I feel like I'm just not watching the same show or people have some ridiculous expectations I don't get. But your not who I was aiming, since your saying the pacing is good.
tumblr_oogdhvT8su1u4bp3uo2_500.gif

That moment your own cleverness screws you over.

Prior to this season starting, people convinced themselves that the series would blow past these next few arcs quickly and that it would end with
All Might vs One for All
but now reality is setting in that that won't be the case lol
If people are still holding on to that at this point...it would be a silly reason to call the season slow.

Jarmel

Banned
I need a gif of the scene in Eromanga's OP. Why am I not describing the scene? Because you'll know immediately which one I'm talking about when you watch it.

Qurupeke

1:1 adaptions aren't the perfect solution to a good pacing, the manga, especially in MHA's case which is weekly, and the anime pacing are usually very different. They can cut stuff that they deem unnecessary or they could change the way some events play, emphasizing stuff like the action. In Season 1, for example, four episodes had passed and Deku's biggest achievement was throwing a ball. It just didn't feel as a satisfying reward, if I could call it that, for watching 80+ minutes of it.

Also, even though I've expressed dissatisfaction numerous times anyway, my point was that the 1:1 adaption works for this part of MHA and its current pacing is rather good. I don't have any complaints with that, even if it still adapts 2 chapters, as it doesn't drag. I probably shouldn't have added the second sentence as it made my post more negative than I intended. lol

The scene were Deku search for All Might after he won the race, looking for his approval, saying *Look I did it!* gets me so hard, the level of emotions at that time hits a peak for me. I love these 2 so much. I know some people think Deku cries too much, but it's really that honest truthful side of him that I like so much. He know he succeeded.
1:1 adaptions aren't the perfect solution to a good pacing, the manga, especially in MHA's case which is weekly, and the anime pacing are usually very different. They can cut stuff that they deem unnecessary or they could change the way some events play, emphasizing stuff like the action. In Season 1, for example, four episodes had passed and Deku's biggest achievement was throwing a ball. It just didn't feel as a satisfying reward, if I could call it that, for watching 80+ minutes of it.

Also, even though I've expressed dissatisfaction numerous times anyway, my point was that the 1:1 adaption works for this part of MHA and its current pacing is rather good. I don't have any complaints with that, even if it still adapts 2 chapters, as it doesn't drag. I probably shouldn't have added the second sentence as it made my post more negative than I intended. lol
So it's more the overall thing, then this single episode. Alright I get you. Thanks for clarifying!

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 37

nMfvhHb.png

This episode felt more restrained than the others. Helped give it a more serious air.

The contrast of the prayer chanting with the beats of the fight were great.

The scene were Deku search for All Might after he won the race, looking for his approval, saying *Look I did it!* gets me so hard, the level of emotions at that time hits a peak for me. I love these 2 so much. I know some people think Deku cries too much, but it's really that honest truthful side of him that I like so much. He know he succeeded.
I want All Might to be my dad

Bahamut Virgin Soul 2

Great episode. The Onyx dudes look tough as nails. I initially thought they were automatons. Looks like the
child
is an angel?

I'm ready for some FAVAROOOO though.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 38

mMFN08G.png

Hell of a cliffhanger. The show has done a good job of raising the stakes for the main cast and their goals.

I also have no idea where it's going with Master Asia and Wong.

convo

MHA S2 03

I've been waiting for her to show up. Deku's win still pisses me off and seeing it animated rather than drawn makes it all the more upsetting.

I didn't remember if he won or not, honestly these things always end in a draw or third place for the last ditch effort so i was kind of happy seeing him win this one.

elDLIVE Episode 9 - 11 (engDub)

Vega got a good voice, I cant seem to recognize what other funi dub Ive heard him in.

The museum art exhibit scene was one of the most hilarious moments, same for bowling.

Cornbread78

Saekano S2 ep.1
Pretty calm episode, but at least we got more detail into the cat fights with those two, lol. Looking forwaed to more harem craziness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom