• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stana Katic leaves Castle, won't return for Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that doesn't know the context to this image:
The two actresses in this show hated each other so much that frame shown here is actually a split screen here made of two takes that were filmed in different times

Lol

Don't remind me.

I don't really know who is to blame, but the lack of professionalism in The Good Wife was staggering. For those less in the know, they nullified Kalinda's character (at the right) so she wouldn't endanger Alicia's (left) popularity and then they went as far as to never, ever star together in the same scene for dozens of episodes before sending Kalinda off with an awful CGI montage. Those two seemingly hated each other's guts.

Interesting. Kalinda was always the more interesting character. Oh well, I gave up on the show after season 1 I think

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Lol

Interesting. Kalinda was always the more interesting character. Oh well, I gave up on the show after season 1 I think

The later seasons were crazy good at times. The current one is just running on fumes and it's kind of pathetic, although Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character is so damn enjoyable. At this point it just feels like Julianna Margulies' egotistical vehicle and nothing else.

Slayven

Major Sleepy Hollow S3 final spoiler as well as S2 spoilers.
Abbie was killed off because the actress wanted out, Headless was supposedly not in S3, Henry, Katrina, the police captain and treasure hunter dude left the show last season

MAN.

I'm almost glad I dropped it after the borefest that became the first half of the second season. It sounds like they straight up gutted the show.

I said goddamn, good chemistry between leads can only do so much.

Thank god Grimm has been consistent, it's mediocre but it thrives on it

Abbie was killed off because the actress wanted out, Headless was supposedly not in S3, Henry, Katrina, the police captain and treasure hunter dude left the show last season

That show was pretty much on life support during season 2.

If this becomes the Castle and Alexis PI show, I'm in.

The show was in a dire need of some adrenaline shot anyway.

That episode in California felt like a backdoor pilot for a rebooted S9.
Castle, Alexis and the British chick in California.
+ secret league of super detectives featuring Summer Glau.

They should probably kill off Beckett, have a short season where he tracks down the killer with Alexis's help, then end with them working in their own detective agency because the only relationship I've ever cared about was Castle and Alexis.

Bold One

I remembered the day I heard the 2 leads didnt get a long, a small part of me died that day.

Killed a lot of the magic for me

CronoShot

I don't watch the show that much, but it's a shame that the two don't get along. They had great chemistry on camera.

And now to know that screen time with both of them has been reduced, as well as ABC not asking her to come back, it must have been quite the feud.

IISANDERII

There are ways around that.

640.jpg
What am I looking at here?

Patryn

What am I looking at here?

It's the Good Wife:

For anyone that doesn't know the context to this image:
The two actresses in this show hated each other so much that frame shown here is actually a split screen here made of two takes that were filmed in different times

It was their first scene "together" in years despite the characters supposedly being best friends, and it happened just before the actress on the right left the show.

finowns

Yes. Move the family to LA and let Castle and his daughter PI. Castle and his family have always been the best part of the show.

Edit-- OMG I hope Beckett dies.

Got to laugh at some of the posts here saying "I hope Nathan moves on so he can play an older version of ______!" Because that's a thing that happens.

KonradLaw

The bearded Nathan Drake left? Hopefully just to prepare for Jean Paul Valley's Azrael role ;)

Dabanton

Kalinda being pushed out and another important character dying made me lose enthusiasm for the good wife.

It made Julianna feel very bitchy and just made me dislike Alicia.

Zafir

Not too surprising considering the apparent drama.

The show should have ended with season 6 though really. Last season wasn't terrible, but far from great, and this season has been all over the place.
Kalinda being pushed out and another important character dying made me lose enthusiasm for the good wife.

It made Julianna feel very bitchy and just made me dislike Alicia.

Yeah, same.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Walk away Nathan. Do something with your career, you've wasted so much of it on this lousy show.

This show makes him tv a list, is beloved and will probably put his great grandchildren through college in reruns and syndication. It's like the opposite of wasted.

Savitar

They're letting her go instead of her quitting? Well that's a little twist. But yeah their hatred for each other is known, won't lie I was disappointed to learn of that some time ago as on screen they are so damn good together! Seriously they rock together. It really speaks of their acting skills that they can pull it off so seamlessly and yet not give away there are that bad between them in real life.

As I said in the Castle thread the shows done, the whole point was them getting together and being together. If that's gone end it. Don't drag it out, we all know how that works, it doesn't. EVER. End on a semi good note if possible, make the fans happy and something everyone can be proud of.

We don't need a Simpons until things are dragged right into the ground, the current season is already going there.

how about
Beckett killed at the end of the season
Castle moves to LA
sets up PI firm with Summer Glau
Alan Tydyk Joins the cast to play a character
Detective Slaughter joins the team
(you can see where I'm going with this)

season 21 is set in the future, featuring their descendants on a ship a crappy ship but its their home

a crap idea but about as good as season 8 has been, any excuse to not have Castle and Beckett together now its unbelievably forced

that sucks :( I love the show and i hope that them doing this doesn't completely destroy the show. . . or maybe, just maybe
#fireflyS2

Asturie

Holy crap nine seasons? I watched the first three seasons and it was entertaining but nine seasons? Is Fillion still solving every case because thats how he would write the story?

Sloane

Banned
Heh, had almost forgotten about that episode -- yeah, that would make sense. The two police dudes will supposedly still be around though.

how about
Beckett killed at the end of the season
Castle moves to LA
sets up PI firm with Summer Glau
Alan Tydyk Joins the cast to play a character
Detective Slaughter joins the team
(you can see where I'm going with this)

season 21 is set in the future, featuring their descendants on a ship a crappy ship but its their home

a crap idea but about as good as season 8 has been, any excuse to not have Castle and Beckett together now its unbelievably forced

If Slaughter becomes a regular, I am fucking in.

Avari

That moment should have happened sooner. Shows like that need to reinvent itself more, not keeping repeating the same story.

The Red John thing went on way way too long. Should have ended when Patrick shot the man he thought was Red John, and then spent more time dealing with the fallout.

Uhh, then the show doesn't work at all. It's their partnership that makes the show work. Instead why don't they just make season 8 finale the series finale? Then everyone gets away with some closure that makes sense.

Kinokou

Interesting. I really hate it when shows get stuck in the mud because the authors are too afraid to try something new.

Haven't been watching the last few seasons, but I see myself picking them up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom