• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Graphics look ace. Almost early Babylon 5 quality in realtime on a PC. Awesome.

jett

D-Member
I think it looks more like a tech demo at this point, but it all looks pretty amazing. Budget must be big, that's some crazy level of detail on the assets.

Am I the only one who thinks the actual space combat looks slow as hell at the moment?

Seems to me all the actual gameplay stuff is really early/non-existent.

I hope theres interesting characters and NPCs in the game world. Im scared that thats not well done, or done at all becuase of the online aspect. Real people make horrible dialog interactions, prefer written characters.

Pooya

I think it looks more like a tech demo at this point, but it all looks pretty amazing. Budget must be big, that's some crazy level of detail on the assets.

$12m-$14m he said.

2-4m of which they're looking to get from crowd funding.

Man I can't enlist! Dammit this looks amazing. I've been aching for another hardcore simulator to push my PC and a space one is top of the list

sTeLioSco

Banned
What change are you talking about ?

not making games with textures than can fit on 480mb total ram.

dx11 only

not making low-poly models that will be used on current consoles and then just put a high-texture pack for them at pc.

we really need consoles with more power,modern capabilities and more ram... wait a couple months and you will see the difference.

Wiktor

I'm so happy this is proper PC game instead of some crippled console/PC multiplat or even worse a mobile garbage.

ekim

I'm just reading the preview on Gamestar.de (german site) and it seems they've seen this presentation in a non-public event and it ran on a Notebook...

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I need to go home for lunch to change my pants.

Perkel

Banned
I just love those little detail that are recreated into those ships. Interior alone is two levels beyond any interior in space game.

SITE IS UP WITH pledges and everything. Pay your money people.

Lol i just noticed he want 2mln in just 30 days not using kickstarter.... This won't end well.

Corto

Guys? Does any of you has the number of a good urologist? I think I broke my penis... 2014 is so damn far away though, I'll just connect my Hotas X to my PC and run the trailer in loop mode faking that I'm in control until then.

Perkel

Banned
Site works like a bitch. Looks like their GDC video and gameplay was on older PC in new video he plays with very good IQ and a lot less glitches.

Zaptruder

Banned
Goddammit. This needs to reach 5 million bucks so that I can get the privateer style gameplay in there!

Take my monies Roberts! Take all of it!

Top Bottom