• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it some time....this same thing was said for the demo on Hoth.

The more open maps are more fair if not a little rebel sided but endor is just dumb. Imperials only get one walker and as far as I know no way to take out y wings. Rebels can sit in one of about 30 bushes and just lay into the walker. It's too close in, too easy for them.

I have not played this much MP in the entirety of the past 2 years, and that is not hyperbole. I just really do not play MP any more. I much prefer the SP experience.
I just truly am having that much fun with this game.
My wife even commented on it, something she pretty much never does as she is not a gamer herself.

I grew up with Star Wars. All of the movies. Both good and bad.
I also grew up with Video Games.
In fact I would go as far as saying I grew up with both of them at pretty much the same exact time. There are family pictures of me in my Star Wars underoos with an Atari joystick in the background. Perhaps even in my hand.
So while the game is not perfect by any means, it is a damn near perfect culmination of the things I have found myself turning towards for entertainment during my 40 years on this planet.
It is truly the ultimate escapism for me.

I am very close to purchasing the Season Pass even though I do believe it is very expensive for one.
However my Sony Rewards credit card will pay for it so I figure why the hell not if it means more content eventually.

I picked up the season pass. I haven't had this much fun with a multiplayer game in a long time.

gossi

DICE SERIOUSLY needs to re-balance the Walker Assault mode. It's so very much 1 sided. If you actually stop the walkers, it's by pure luck. Even after all the popular YouTubers & people that b!tched about how unbalanced it was, they didn't do a d4mn thing to make it more fair. Typical EA not giving a sh!t! So DICE how about you actually fix it and make it fair. Cause it's ridiculous how UNFAIR that mode is.

My win ratio on Walker Assault is 60% wins. It's possible to single handedly win with Walker Assault by using the snow speeders, or spamming grenades and rockets at the Walkers.

....man

...I'm

..........I'm in UTTER LOVE WITH THIS GAME (^______^)

Blast is one of my favorite, pure DM experiences I've had in probably years

Beaulieu

DICE SERIOUSLY needs to re-balance the Walker Assault mode. It's so very much 1 sided. If you actually stop the walkers, it's by pure luck. Even after all the popular YouTubers & people that b!tched about how unbalanced it was, they didn't do a d4mn thing to make it more fair. Typical EA not giving a sh!t! So DICE how about you actually fix it and make it fair. Cause it's ridiculous how UNFAIR that mode is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFjULZYrD8

recorded 10 minutes ago. ez.

antonz

Give it some time....this same thing was said for the demo on Hoth.

Nah this is not the same thing. There are legitimate issues on Endor. Hoth in Beta was a getting used to it thing. AT-AT were made a lot squishier and with only 1 AT-AT its a hell of a lot easier for the Rebels.

Luke plus one or two moderately decent rebel players can lock down the bunker comm unit and rebels will easily get enough Ywings to severely cripple the AT-AT in first round.

And this is why the Emperor is becoming my favorite hero/villain.

https://youtu.be/R020ot-M6g4

Don't rush without a following, unless there's no other choice then try to stay hidden until your following arrives. Drop pick ups as often as possible, and play along with the Ion Shock emote!

Yeah Palpatine probably is a little too squishy but they clearly designed him around chokepoint control and that he is a monster.

Endor sure is pretty, but they're my least favorite maps because of how easy it is to get hung up on the geometry. I'm already terrible, I don't need the ground fighting against me, too.

Shady859

Can I still get the deluxe edition?

Only checked on Amazon but it's still for sale there. I would advise it as the blaster it unlocks is stupid OP and doesn't unlock naturally till level 25.

I'm not a Star Wars fan and I got bored with the beta really fast but honestly am having a lot of fun with the game and haven't even touched the maps with vehicles yet.

Im pretty interested in star wars but im not a HUGE multiplayer PVP fan

1) what is the SP content like? can you play by yourself and is it fun?
2) Is there like a horde mode equivalent? like you and a team against AI bots defending an area or something?
3) is the unlock system for weapons etc similar to mass effect or difficult to get in to?
4) Is the community good on XB1?

Ferrio

Banned
Im pretty interested in star wars but im not a HUGE multiplayer PVP fan

1) what is the SP content like? can you play by yourself and is it fun?
2) Is there like a horde mode equivalent? like you and a team against AI bots defending an area or something?
3) is the unlock system for weapons etc similar to mass effect or difficult to get in to?
4) Is the community good on XB1?

The SP content is almost non existant. I think it is just a horde mode or something, I tried it for like 5 minutes and then just went back to multi. If you're looking for a SP experience I'd say go else where. That said the game's mechanics are very newbie friendly and one of the reasons the reviewers are giving the game so much shit. There's a weapon unlock system but it's not that bad.

I get some of the negativity around this but man the game is fun. I'm really enjoying it.

Side note: anyone else notice that sometimes your shots don't register? Idk..maybe I'm going crazy.

Tubie

Game is going to transform soon. I wager a good majority of people will start unlocking jetpack soon.

I feel sorry for all the kids getting this game for Christmas. They will come into a mad world of impact grenade spam, jet packs and homing shots lol.

Ferrio

Banned
I feel sorry for all the kids getting this game for Christmas. They will come into a mad world of impact grenade spam, jet packs and homing shots lol.

I don't think it's going to be that bad. You have to trade off ion shot etc... which right now is what's causing Rebels to be so strong at walker assault.

Speaking of grenades, a thermal imploder bounced off my storm troopers helmet and landed at his feet. Life as a storm troop must of been rough.

What trait is everyone using? I got Scout and had been very useful even at level 1,but as soon as you get level 3 (heat resets age a kill) you can get behind enemies and blast them all non stop.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This game is so much fun. Surprisingly I enjoyed Droid Run and Fighter Squadron quite a bit. Cargo is the only mode I really don't like.

vixlar

BTW, I think I discovered a "solution" for my problem, if anyone is interested.

Preamble: PC player. Using custom kb/m settings for infantry and land vehicles. Using Xbox 360 controller for flying.

Problem: When I return to infantry after flying, my key bindings try to reset to default settings. But then try to keep the settings. It is really confusing. Sometimes it mix both. I.e: I use "c" for battle pickup. Sometimes it works well. Sometimes it changes my view. Sometimes it does both at the same time. It is really annoying. I have this problem only if I use the xbox controller and keyboard on the same round, but it maintains for the rest of the game.

Solution (probable): After I return to foot soldier, I do an action as soldier with the controller (shoot) and then, I change to kb/m.

exYle

Yo the Millenium Falcon is OP as shit

Literally the only thing that killed me was Slave I crashing into me at the end of the game

nillah

Banned
Throughout this games development the talk was this was going to be a "reskined battlefield" yet now I'm wishing it had elements from the battlefield games like the ability to climb a ladder

This game is so much fun. Surprisingly I enjoyed Droid Run and Fighter Squadron quite a bit. Cargo is the only mode I really don't like.
Cargo has been my favorite small mode by far (not including Heroes vs Villains which is its own thing). Nice to see varying pinions with the modes though, there's a lot if Star Wars fans getting this game and there are enough modes to ensure everyone finds something fun for them but not too many that it spreads the player base too thin.

My routine has been hop on and play Supremacy until it burns me then stitch to Cargo until standard infantry in general burns me then switch to either Heroes vs Villains or Fighter Squadron for a bit then back to start.

Man finally got unlocked in the EU!

Sneaked a match of Supremacy before work this morning and it was so much fun. Got some good kill streaks going with the basic blaster and had a rampage as Luke.

Can't wait to play more later tonight.
Also is it just me or do the visuals look a little better than the beta? My face was melted.

Delio

The more open maps are more fair if not a little rebel sided but endor is just dumb. Imperials only get one walker and as far as I know no way to take out y wings. Rebels can sit in one of about 30 bushes and just lay into the walker. It's too close in, too easy for them.

Yeah i'm a bit shocked they only get one Walker on that map and no way to combat the Y-wings. Almost every game ive been in the Walker was down by the second uplink attack.

Abylim

Just picked this up, played it for a few hours. I am loving it, why is it getting reviewed so low?

Feels like its above crucible in Destiny to me. While that isnt all Destiny is, I am happy wth the variety in game modes. More importantly, its fucking Star Wars finally!!

I have not played this much MP in the entirety of the past 2 years, and that is not hyperbole. I just really do not play MP any more. I much prefer the SP experience.
I just truly am having that much fun with this game.
My wife even commented on it, something she pretty much never does as she is not a gamer herself.

I grew up with Star Wars. All of the movies. Both good and bad.
I also grew up with Video Games.
In fact I would go as far as saying I grew up with both of them at pretty much the same exact time. There are family pictures of me in my Star Wars underoos with an Atari joystick in the background. Perhaps even in my hand.
So while the game is not perfect by any means, it is a damn near perfect culmination of the things I have found myself turning towards for entertainment during my 40 years on this planet.
It is truly the ultimate escapism for me.

I am very close to purchasing the Season Pass even though I do believe it is very expensive for one.
However my Sony Rewards credit card will pay for it so I figure why the hell not if it means more content eventually.

Very well said.
This is basically me.
except for the not playing MP the last couple of years part ;-)

//ARCANUM

No way to buy the deluxe edition content separately is there? I'm game sharing with a friend and he bought the regular version of battlefront. But I'd gladly pay $10 for the DE content.

CoLaN

They should show kill assists on the scoreboards. I went on a streaks of "assists" that were more like kills where others would just peel off the last 10% of enemy health

Just realized the Emperor can absorb blaster fire with his force lighting using the same button as block for Vader and Luke. Game changer!

Focus Fire. Your shots actually go to where you point.
Focus fire is a charge, traits are different. They're pretty much perks that get better as you go on kill steaks.

This game is fucking awesome. Me and some friends played 4 hours straight tonight. So damn fun.

Agreed completely, did the same thing. Played hero's vs villans, supremacy and Walker assault and had a blast!! Enjoying the game a ton, highly recommend it if you like shooters and star wars!

James93

Just picked this up, played it for a few hours. I am loving it, why is it getting reviewed so low?

Feels like its above crucible in Destiny to me. While that isnt all Destiny is, I am happy wth the variety in game modes. More importantly, its fucking Star Wars finally!!

lack of content and depth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom