• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker Assault does but it's not particularly useful tbh. It works well within the context of that mission but I've never seen anyone put one to good use during mp gameplay.

that's a damn shame. i think i would have preferred it if they leaned more towards the battlefield gameplay. in there vehicles were quite useful in games.

in this only the AT-ST is really gonna help in the big modes.

really enjoying it but they need to rethink a lot for the sequel.

has anyone played on PC with either eyefinity or nvidia surround? are the HUD issues that occured in the beta (hud being on the left screen) resolved? as in, is the hud in the center screen and only the center screen?

that's a damn shame. i think i would have preferred it if they leaned more towards the battlefield gameplay. in there vehicles were quite useful in games.

in this only the AT-ST is really gonna help in the big modes.

really enjoying it but they need to rethink a lot for the sequel.
Yeah the speeder bikes kind of feel like an afterthought... it's a shame they didn't have a few more speeder bike levels or something. Races would've been pretty damn cool.

Damn Battlefront killed off what was left of the PC players on Hardline lol.

4d28f34f89.png

Even Bad Company 2 has more players online for PC
wtzgU.gif

Damn Battlefront killed off what was left of the PC players on Hardline lol.

4d28f34f89.png

Even Bad Company 2 has more players online for PC
wtzgU.gif
Crazy how quick those numbers fell :/ although I guess they were never very high to begin with.

I hope this game has legs. I think it will definitely on PS4 what with Sony's huge marketing push but I imagine it'll still have a big population on other platforms due to it's accessibility.

Voidance

I really don't play multiplayer in games, much less buy a multiplayer-only game. Well, I watched some streams, read some reviews, and decided to take the plunge. I haven't played a ton yet, but what I have played has been a blast.

I think the game will last on both PC and consoles, more on consoles of course but it will on PC too Battlefront 2 and Halo Custom edition for example still have active communities.

JDHarbs

I think the game will last on both PC and consoles, more on consoles of course but it will on PC too Battlefront 2 and Halo Custom edition for example still have active communities.
Battlefront 2 and Halo CE have some stellar modding communities though. This game doesn't have one.

I think it will last longer than the average game simply because it's Star Wars, but PC players will likely migrate to other shooters over the next few years.

Shady859

DL-44 blaster > any amount of skill or map knowledge anyone could possibly have.

Guess the Deluxe Edition was worth it after all.

Flying the Slave I is awesome. Got 10 kills in a row and crashed into the Falcon which destroyed both of us.

The Falcon is OP as hell. The missiles have a shorter cooldown compared to everyone else. It's easy to rack up 15-16 human kills. It also doesn't help that I can one-hit kill by ramming enemies, while my health is barely affected.

The grenade spam in this game needs to be addressed. Really my only complaint aside from helmet-less troopers.

But grenade spam is really hurting the fun of combat.
You ever see 10+ grenades fly from the Imperial spawn to the neutral base on Tatooine at once? I've seen things man. This 'nade spam is terrible.

Really miffed right now. I was in a Supremacy match on Endor and we were losing 2 zones to 3. If the timer runs out, the team with the most zones held wins. With one minute left, I snagged a speeder bike from a dead enemy and sped to the enemy capture point, crouched in some bushes, and started capturing for dear life. As the enemy swarmed me and I killed soldiers by the skin of my teeth, I managed to steal the zone with 8 seconds left on the clock before dying. I thought I'd pulled one of biggest clutches ever, but then I looked at the timer. It added a minute and a half back on the clock. What the fuck! That's so messed up! I get that, if you're down to, say, your last zone, adding time would prevent people from giving up since taking the second zone would still mean you'd lose. But if we're talking about the middle zone, then adding time pretty much gives the winning team a second chance to stay winning. That's so dumb. It renders one-person-behind-enemy-lines plays useless because my team was still pushed back after I'd captured the middle zone, so the winning side took it back without issue.

JTripper

The Falcon is OP as hell. The missiles have a shorter cooldown compared to everyone else. It's easy to rack up 15-16 human kills. It also doesn't help that I can one-hit kill by ramming enemies, while my health is barely affected.

Yeah, I managed to play as the Falcon right after I posted that and went through an ENTIRE game as it without dying since picking up the power up at the start of the match. I went 33-0.

DirtyLarry

I have not played this much MP in the entirety of the past 2 years, and that is not hyperbole. I just really do not play MP any more. I much prefer the SP experience.
I just truly am having that much fun with this game.
My wife even commented on it, something she pretty much never does as she is not a gamer herself.

I grew up with Star Wars. All of the movies. Both good and bad.
I also grew up with Video Games.
In fact I would go as far as saying I grew up with both of them at pretty much the same exact time. There are family pictures of me in my Star Wars underoos with an Atari joystick in the background. Perhaps even in my hand.
So while the game is not perfect by any means, it is a damn near perfect culmination of the things I have found myself turning towards for entertainment during my 40 years on this planet.
It is truly the ultimate escapism for me.

I am very close to purchasing the Season Pass even though I do believe it is very expensive for one.
However my Sony Rewards credit card will pay for it so I figure why the hell not if it means more content eventually.

DICE SERIOUSLY needs to re-balance the Walker Assault mode. It's so very much 1 sided. If you actually stop the walkers, it's by pure luck. Even after all the popular YouTubers & people that b!tched about how unbalanced it was, they didn't do a d4mn thing to make it more fair. Typical EA not giving a sh!t! So DICE how about you actually fix it and make it fair. Cause it's ridiculous how UNFAIR that mode is.

DICE SERIOUSLY needs to re-balance the Walker Assault mode. It's so very much 1 sided. If you actually stop the walkers, it's by pure luck. Even after all the popular YouTubers & people that b!tched about how unbalanced it was, they didn't do a d4mn thing to make it more fair. Typical EA not giving a sh!t! So DICE how about you actually fix it and make it fair. Cause it's ridiculous how UNFAIR that mode is.
The game has been out literally two days... Give them at least a week. Balancing is one of the hardest things to get right and if they just swing it back in the opposite direction they'll get even more complaints.

So glad to see the skill less fucks having to resort to crashing the air vehicles in to your vehicles when they can't beat you.
LOL. I'm one of those people. I also suicide with impact grenades and rocket launchers if someone jumps me. Then once I spawn I go back to spamming homing rockets.

It's the only way I can go even with my shitty FPS skills.

8 hours clocked and I'm still having a blast. Definitely will get my $110 worth.
Same here. A lot of people said that you hit some kind of wall at 8-10 hours of play. Something about seeing all that the game has to offer.

But I'm still having as much fun as when I started. Well passed 10 hours.

I think I need to either up my sensitivity or force myself to stop zooming in because I'm having trouble tracking and compensating for moving targets.

Beaulieu

that video is really cool, the saber throw followd by the mid air choke looks like marketing material.

I was on a team getting wrecked on walker assault earlier, on the rebel side. didnt even have 1 Y-wing on the first third of the map and both walkers were almost full health at the third one. Just came from the training mission so I thought Id try a trick I learned there.

.... I single handly won the game in less than 1 minute.

here's the recording ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFjULZYrD8

antitrop

I've been having the most success with Palpatine in Hero Hunt.

1 chain lightning in a hallway is like 4 kills. I get 15-20 kills in a go with him.

He's mega squishy tho... I think he's fine tbh. If you're not careful he'll get fucked a lot quicker than Vader. Emperor is a mess tho and even squishier.

The thing with Boba is that he has a rocket, a get-out-of-jail free card with that recharging backpack, and a blaster that doesn't even need to zoom to hit people from miles away. Playing keep away means you won't have to deal with getting hit. I usually get around 15 kills from just staying away from the frontlines and taking potshots at people all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom