• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see much difference between shooting at both Tie's but FOR SURE it is harder to shoot A-Wings than X-Wings. I'm just talking normal lasers here not missiles. They are just a smaller target.

The only benefit of staying with the "standard" is that you blend in with the other AI since they only are default. If you see an A-Wing or an Interceptor that is a player 100% and you should get on that ass.

Ahhh, thanks! I thought there might have been a difference in speed, armor, or firepower, but maybe not

My game finally got delivered about an hour ago. Just played a few of the throw away solo modes, ready to jump into some MP and I'm excited as hell.

What's the consensus on the best modes?

Spacejaws

Well that was weird. Had to uninstall all of my controller drivers including steam and plig the xbox one controller back in to get it working with origin games. Not sure if there's a default xinput device thing happening, I did have the old drivers for the Xbox 360 controllers whoch might have been confusing it but even the Steam Controler launching battefront through big picture wasnt being recogzied in orgin (was mistaken, didnt work in Dragon Age either)

Very strange but hey now I can play!

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Question, I was streaming earlier and I got hit with an audio copyright. This happened before with Super Mario Maker.

Even though its only for 6 minutes, can I fight it? I don't want to get banned for trying to appeal it. These are the options I have:

My video does not contain the audio identified
The audio identified is in the public domain
I created and performed the original music without including any third party audio, and own all rights
I have permission from all applicable rights holders to use the audio and distribute it on Twitch as part of my video
My use of the audio as part of my video on Twitch is fair use

What should I pick?

You can't fight it. The Star Wars score is only licensed to EA for the game. That license doesn't extend to you the player. There is an option in the game menu to turn off the music. Do that if you intend to stream or record.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
You can't fight it. The Star Wars score is only licensed to EA for the game. That license doesn't extend to you the player. There is an option in the game menu to turn off the music. Do that if you intend to stream or record.

Sigh... Thanks. I wanted to upload to my YouTube channel. Its stupid how the copyright detection works. Only 6 minutes of my hour and a half stream was muted. It muted right in the middle of the speeder tutorial mission.

I purchased a new gun just to try it out and now it ALWAYS defaults to my primary weapon. How do I select which weapon I want to be my default primary?

Can you use any blaster for either side once unlocked?
Yup all 11 are available.

I purchased a new gun just to try it out and now it ALWAYS defaults to my primary weapon. How do I select which weapon I want to be my default primary?

Make sure it has a yellow dot on the upper right hand side of the icon and then back out of the menu. I haven't had this issue on PS4, don't know what platform you are on. The only time it should ever change from your default weapon is when you spawn as an "Honor Guard".

Okay, what's going on? I rented the game for PS4 and it fully installed, but it's still only giving me the Vader mission. WTF?

It hasn't full installed then. It took me about 10-12 Vader waves of killing before the message popped up that it was ready. So if you give it like 15-20 minutes it should pop. If it doesn't restart the application. It is pretty bad though, I wonder why DICE decided on the full install instead of first the tutorial stuff.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Okay, what's going on? I rented the game for PS4 and it fully installed, but it's still only giving me the Vader mission. WTF?
It's probably not fully installed. It takes a while,
15 minutes or so. The menu screen progress bar isn't the full installation. Just kill rebels for a while.

RobbieNick

It hasn't full installed then. It took me about 10-12 Vader waves of killing before the message popped up that it was ready. So if you give it like 15-20 minutes it should pop. If it doesn't restart the application. It is pretty bad though, I wonder why DICE decided on the full install instead of first the tutorial stuff.

It's playing now. Thanks.

PSN tells you it's updated the game, but makes not makes no mention of the game still installing. The bar even showed it was full.

James93

My game finally got delivered about an hour ago. Just played a few of the throw away solo modes, ready to jump into some MP and I'm excited as hell.

What's the consensus on the best modes?

Supremacy and Heros vs Villains

Walker Assualt would be good but Dice broke the mode once agian

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The grenade spam in this game needs to be addressed. Really my only complaint aside from helmet-less troopers.

But grenade spam is really hurting the fun of combat.

Walker assault is now super easy for the rebels to win.

Yeah, my first and only match I was on the rebellion and we lost, lol.

But yeah, I knew they shouldn't have touched it especially since towards the end of the beta it was fine once people figured out what to do and how much orbital strikes helped.

B-Dex

The grenade spam in this game needs to be addressed. Really my only complaint aside from helmet-less troopers.

But grenade spam is really hurting the fun of combat.

Bodyguard trait. After a few kills grenades do half damage. No regrets taking it.

antonz

Thanks! So far just played a couple rounds of Fighter Squadron and one round of Walker Assault.

What did they do to break it?

They gave the AT-AT a 2nd vulnerable spot and in general ion weapons are too prevalent for the damage they do. The only map the empire really has a decent chance on is Tatooine because the canyons can make it difficult to attack the AT-AT. Open maps are a slaughter of the AT-AT. Rebels can basically if they even slightly try have both AT-ST around half health at the first attack run.

Endor the biggest issue seems to be the 2nd and 3rd Spawn points. The Empire spawns way too far back and the rebels blend in far too well. You can limit them to a single Ywing on the first run but the 2nd and 3rd good luck they usually get 5-6 ywings on the 2nd one.

def sim

I managed to get the hero token right in the beginning of walker assault on Hoth and lasted as Boba Fett until the very last segment. Not too long after I died, another team mate found the token and spawned as Boba starting the mess all over again. The other team couldn't even get a single Y-Wing up in the first segment and neither walkers were taken down by the end.

Staying back and controlling the crowd from safe distances is the way to go with the dude. I went 46 kills straight before my first death and probably could have done better if I didn't rush in a couple of times. I had a lot of fun, but I get the feeling Boba is about to get brought down a peg or two since word is getting out. Better get to those hero tokens as much as possible before then heh.

Make sure it has a yellow dot on the upper right hand side of the icon and then back out of the menu. I haven't had this issue on PS4, don't know what platform you are on. The only time it should ever change from your default weapon is when you spawn as an "Honor Guard".

What I mean is that I purchased the DLT-19 blaster because I wanted to try it out. However, I didn't like it as much as I hoped, so I want to switch back to the default gun that you start with. But at the beginning of every game I still have the DLT-19 equipped and I have to manually change it back to the first gun.

If I go to my unlocks in the main menu, my character is holding the DLT-19 and everything else is locked. I can't figure out how to change it back to the first gun, haha.

JTripper

For how much fun I'm having with this game, there are some really fucking bad design choices all over the place. Not even talking about the game types either. Playing the battle missions on Master difficulty is really unfair and the fact that if the enemy kills you they get 20 points automatically is not a good design choice to add challenge. It's super fucking cheap and it really takes me out of the game.

looks like lower player count modes are already being abandoned on Xbox1 unless im experiencing issues. Been waiting for a couple minutes to get enough people for a droid run match. Trying to do a challenge.

For how much fun I'm having with this game, there are some really fucking bad design choices all over the place. Not even talking about the game types either. Playing the battle missions on Master difficulty is really unfair and the fact that if the enemy kills you they get 20 points automatically is not a good design choice to add challenge. It's super fucking cheap and it really takes me out of the game.

Couldn't agree more. That is on top of more spawns, more damage, faster firing rate, and since it is basically "Kill Confirmed" good luck trying to run out there and grabbing the tokens before they disappear with the never ending spawns.

It just feels so freaking lazy.

It's sooooo hard to tear myself away from this game. So good. And if you hop between modes like I do the "lack" of maps for each specific mode isn't really an issue.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ok I am surprised at how so many like the 3rd person view. Tried it and I can barely stay 1.0kd and middle of pack of points.

Have been postly top 3 of my team every match and almost 2.0kd with first person view. I just don't know, weird.

It's playing now. Thanks.

PSN tells you it's updated the game, but makes not makes no mention of the game still installing. The bar even showed it was full.
Every PS4 game does this. Pay attention to the size of the download it's showing you. That full bar should've only been for like 4 GB or so, whereas full games like Battlefront are usually between 30 - 50 GB. I think you can check the download status by clicking Options on the game itself in the OS.

Bydobob

Ok, early days yet but I'm having great fun. I'm struggling to settle on satisfactory key bindings but otherwise the gunplay feels great. Only thing that bugs me is the rubberbanding in AI mission mode, anyone else noticed it? Was 83-12 up on Hard difficulty and managed to lose 100-98 after the game ramped up the enemies tenfold. I had more success clawing back a deficit.

Graphics beautifully capture the Star Wars universe and I couldn't be happier with performance. It certainly sets the bar from a technical perspective.

It's amazing how quickly players are able to start cheesing games, haha. I played a match of Walker Assault on Endor and there was some dude who jetpacked to the top of the map and sniped the entire time. Impossible to reach him without a jetpack of my own.

The hate boner for this game reminds me a lot of Destiny's launch period. Like if ya don't like it don't buy it but if people are enjoying it I don't get why you would try and rain on their parade.

do any of these modes/maps have those speeder bikes? it's so damn fun racing in that in first person in that training mission.
Walker Assault does but it's not particularly useful tbh. It works well within the context of that mission but I've never seen anyone put one to good use during mp gameplay.

It's sooooo hard to tear myself away from this game. So good. And if you hop between modes like I do the "lack" of maps for each specific mode isn't really an issue.

I totally agree man. I've been jumping to different modes and its been an absolute blast. I even like droid run!

I have like no complaints with this game. Sometimes I have no clue why the community hates or loves a particular game and feel completely opposite from the majority, and this is one of those games. I love it completely, and I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise from the beginning. Game is casual but I don't even care, its a blast.

I totally agree man. I've been jumping to different modes and its been an absolute blast. I even like droid run!

I have like no complaints with this game. Sometimes I have no clue why the community hates or loves a particular game and feel completely opposite from the majority, and this is one of those games. I love it completely, and I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise from the beginning. Game is casual but I don't even care, its a blast.
Same, really enjoying it! It's right up there with Splatoon as my favourite MP games this year - and that was pretty casual/content light too.

Ok I am surprised at how so many like the 3rd person view. Tried it and I can barely stay 1.0kd and middle of pack of points.

Have been postly top 3 of my team every match and almost 2.0kd with first person view. I just don't know, weird.
Yeah I just switched back to first person to try it out and I'm doing better than normal too. Aiming is a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom