• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyman

Im having so much fun with this game. The reviews for it were pretty bad and usually I agree with mainstream game media. But this is a 9/10. Awesome!

Ivan

I feel that aiming is a bit different than it was in beta, am I right? I won't say it's juddery, because I know it isn't, but it feels strange and I'm way less precise than in beta.

Maybe they played with acceleration or sensitivity, or maybe I'm crazy.

How does it feel to you gaffers?

PS: reviewers have no clue. The game is awesome.

Im guessing thanks to some peoples great connecion that they have great advantage in this game. There was one guy who was almost impossible to kill and youd die as soon as he saw you

Shari

I feel that aiming is a bit different than it was in beta, am I right? I won't say it's juddery, because I know it isn't, but it feels strange and I'm way less precise than in beta.

Maybe they played with acceleration or sensitivity, or maybe I'm crazy.

How does it feel to you gaffers?

PS: reviewers have no clue. The game is awesome.

I feel the same. It feels like in the beta there was no "recoil" and in here there is some. That plus the lower movement speed and the inclusion of the minimap are my biggest grips with the game.

I wish they would have let it EXACTLY like the beta aside from balancing AT-AT hp.

Still an awesome game but it's a pity.

Woorloog

Banned
Didn't people claim that the retail PC version has only a CD-key and no install DVDs? Or is that an American thing?

The bad news is, it seems i didn't get the pre-order Jakku code. Guess the retailer wasn't participating? (Their page makes no mention of it.)
Not that it really matters, it is just a week.

Anyway, now i need to decide whether to install from the DVDs or just download the game. Goddamn 4 DVDs... Such a hassle.

I got in three games last night but I really did not enjoy my time with the game, unfortunately I'm out of town for a week so I can't try out the other modes like the Walker whatever it's called.

Maybe after I earn other weapons it becomes more fun but I might sell this asap. It's especially bad coming off halo 5 MP. We'll see.

taoofjord

Anyone else feel that some of the game modes go on for way too long? Cargo shouldn't have a give and take score system, it's a terrible choice that makes the games go on forever. Heroes vs. Vikkains should be a best of 3, not 5.

jeemer

I'm completely done defending any lack of content/shallow gameplay arguments. I've poured around 40 hours into this and I've still been saving a bunch of game modes, training missions, battles and survival mode. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. This game is the shit.

I was grinding for the jumppack and got it upgraded last thing yesterday evening. Mostly been playing Heroes & Villains and Fighter Squadron so far, I'll branch out as I unlock more upgrades but those modes seem like the fastest way!

If anyone else on PC EU fancies a game I'm paulietheb0ss on origin.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The one thing really going for the game is the entire lack of pressure

You can be the worst player on the planet and no one will care

When you're a hero or villain and tank bad it ends up being more funny than annoying

jeemer

I feel that aiming is a bit different than it was in beta, am I right?

I think they added more recoil in general (not sure if confirmed) - I'm currently using the focus fire star card to offset this with the crappier guns. I'm fairly certain it was also confirmed that they've slowed muzzle velocity across the board.

It hink it has been asked before, but I haven't seen any definite answers: is there aim assist for controllers on PC?

No, not as infantry anyway. There is a kinda targeting assist built into the flight combat.

De_Marco

The lack of Dolby Atmos support for PS4 disturbs me.

I swear I saw the Dolby Atos logo /setting in the beta and had high hopes.

Game sounds and looks great though and is tons of fun, although I keep dying a lot sometimes because it´s quite chaotic on the battlefield.
Lots of friends (even Star Wars nerds) are bitching about the game. I don´t know, sometimes I think they simply can´t enjoy games anymore. I am having Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament flashbacks here.

The SP content is almost non existant. I think it is just a horde mode or something, I tried it for like 5 minutes and then just went back to multi. If you're looking for a SP experience I'd say go else where. That said the game's mechanics are very newbie friendly and one of the reasons the reviewers are giving the game so much shit. There's a weapon unlock system but it's not that bad.

you may actually have sold me on the game with this. BF4 was NOT friendly for new comers at all. If there is a chance that i can play and actually have fun without getting my head shot off every 1 minute i may like it.

i didnt like the beta because nothing was explained and i had no idea what was going on. Thought it looked great on XB1 though.

Looks like there was originally an Xbox 360 and PS3 version...

MattFiler
MattFiler
0 POSTS MEMBER November 19, 2015 3:27AM
I've been looking at the config files for Battlefront, and in the device list there is support listed for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.
Looking further into the configs, there are also game settings and optimisations for the 360 and PS3.
I'd be so interested to see what it would of looked like...
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/9409/looks-like-there-was-originally-an-xbox-360-and-ps3-version%23latest

Jito

Banned
I'm surprised most reviewers gave it shit for being newbie friendly then you see gameplay of them playing and they suck at it anyway. Having a blast with it!

skynidas

Banned
a lot of current gen games also had a ps3/360 version at some point. publishers weren't sure how well the current consoles would sell.

Delio

The one thing really going for the game is the entire lack of pressure

You can be the worst player on the planet and no one will care

When you're a hero or villain and tank bad it ends up being more funny than annoying

I wonder if this is a side effect of just not being able to hear people. I bet if it had open voice it might sound a bit different.

Also I'd like to say the newbie friendly thing is being a bit to played up. You can still be pretty much gunned down if you arent as reflexive as some players. More so on smaller modes since the bigger ones are pretty clusterfuck as it is. I mean I'm having fun but I question if people who are higher rank than me now really "do not care" if im holding them back in stuff like Blast.

I was feeling rather meh about the game on Tuesday, played a whole night of Supremacy last night after hearing a few of you mention it. Welp I am hooked, so fun.

flying awing near walker and no minigame prompt! WHY?!

Second time I have seen someone say this :eek:

Why do people think the A Wing has a tow cable?

Bishop89

I was feeling rather meh about the game on Tuesday, played a whole night of Supremacy last night after hearing a few of you mention it. Welp I am hooked, so fun.

Second time I have seen someone say this :eek:

Why do people think the A Wing has a tow cable?

Argghh, getting my crafts confused!

Thought there was just the 2 main aircrafts per team.

The lack of Dolby Atmos support for PS4 disturbs me.

I swear I saw the Dolby Atos logo /setting in the beta and had high hopes.

Game sounds and looks great though and is tons of fun, although I keep dying a lot sometimes because it´s quite chaotic on the battlefield.
Lots of friends (even Star Wars nerds) are bitching about the game. I don´t know, sometimes I think they simply can´t enjoy games anymore. I am having Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament flashbacks here.

Is the PS4 even able to handle Atmos hardware-wise?

I said damn

7hvq7uB.jpg

Wow.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is the PS4 even able to handle Atmos hardware-wise?

Yes. Any source capable of outputting Dolby True-HD over bitstream is capable of Atmos, so it can output Atmos for a blu ray movie no problem. I don't think the PS4 can do this in-game though, at least I have never seen it as it outputs uncompressed sound via LPCM.

JB1981

I play better in 3rd person but the game looks better and is more immersive in 1st person. Decisions.

Got the game for $20 so the lack of maps isn't really bothering me. Game is fun as shit. I'm assuming Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, and Mace Windu will be DLC?

Majanew

Banned
Any source capable of outputting Dolby True-HD over bitstream is capable of Atmos, so it can output Atmos for a blu ray movie no problem. I don't think the PS4 can do this in-game though, at least I have never seen it as it outputs uncompressed sound via LPCM.
Yeah, setting PS4 to bitstream only uses DTS or DD, no lossless.

Already saw some hackers/glitches on PS4.

2 of them in one game with 50+ kills and 0 deaths. Completely immune to damage. Both were level 1 PSN with this being the only game they have ever played according to trophies.

Alt accounts to be sure. I just thought I sucked not being able to kill them when running across them but they both got brazen about halfway through Drop Zone and would just cap and stand right in front of the pod the entire time with everyone lobbing nades, shooting, etc. Never dying. Just killing anyone that came close and since everyone has unlimited ammo he just stood there taking shot after shot. We could not recap the pods.

Edit: not my vid but here it is in action:
https://youtu.be/yIzdQrxWoQ8

DICE needs to fix the Falcon's OPness. I had several back-to-back games where I and my enemy teammate took turns getting the Falcon and killing everything.

Also, the A-wing is the hardest fighter to kill, especially against a good opponent. I can take down three human X-wings for one human A-wing.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yeah, setting PS4 to bitstream only uses DTS or DD, no lossless.
This is technically not true. There is no reason a game couldn't have in-game TrueHD encoding as an option and output that as bitstream. Is Atmos actually instructions in the bitstream? Or is it processing on the 7.1 channel audio? (Like Pro Logic, DD+ 6.1, etc)

Edit - according to the Wikipedia page Atmos metadata can be added to Dolby Digital Plus along with TrueHD. Not sure if PS4 or XBONE support DD+.

Edit 2 - ok PS4 definitely supports Dolby Digital Plus. It's what Netflix encodes in.

rinse82

Having tons of connection issues on ps4

90% of the time when connecting to a game it gives me an error saying I've been signed out of the PlayStation network and online features aren't available

Yet I'm still connected to PSN. No clue why his is happening.

NAT type 2 and have never had any Issues with other games

Kama_1082

Banned
I'm loving the hell out of this game for one reason:

For some reason, I am good at this game. I can't put my finger on it but I'm awful at COD and Halo 5. Always in the - K/D but here I'm constantly in the top 3. So weird but it makes it that much more enjoyable for me.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Already saw some hackers/glitches on PS4.

2 of them in one game with 50+ kills and 0 deaths. Completely immune to damage. Both were level 1 PSN with this being the only game they have ever played according to trophies.

Alt accounts to be sure. I just thought I sucked not being able to kill them when running across them but they both got brazen about halfway through Drop Zone and would just cap and stand right in front of the pod the entire time with everyone lobbing nades, shooting, etc. Never dying. Just killing anyone that came close and since everyone has unlimited ammo he just stood there taking shot after shot. We could not recap the pods.

Edit: not my vid but here it is in action:
https://youtu.be/yIzdQrxWoQ8

I knew it! I couldn't take out this one guy no matter how hard I tried. And every time he killed me, his life was still at 100. Grrrrrrrr.

Meowster

I've finally mastered Luke after I got rolled as him for five rounds consecutively, lol. It's a shame how everyone who plays as him just rushes into conflict to get killed just like that instead of doing anything meaningful. I swear, he almost always is the first one dead lol. Palpatine and Leia are also god tier, Boba is well and fun, Vader is just okay, and Han kinda sucks.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Edit: Oops, quoted wrong user. About weather and maps...

I haven't seen it cycle, I don't think. Endor Walker Assault is day. Endor Supremacy is at night. Heroes vs. Villains Endor is nighttime and raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom