• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DL-44 is op as hell. It's great.
Aliens inaccessible until level 40 is the lamest shit.
T-21 is dope on the wider maps.
Walker Assault should have been to Battlefront as Conquest is to Battlefield.
Supremacy >>> Walker Assault.
Jetpack should have been available earlier, it's a game changer.
Ion Shot power is insanely effective against anybody in a turret.
Jar Jar electrocution emote is godly.
Emperor has the shittiest character model by far.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Having tons of connection issues on ps4

90% of the time when connecting to a game it gives me an error saying I've been signed out of the PlayStation network and online features aren't available

Yet I'm still connected to PSN. No clue why his is happening.

NAT type 2 and have never had any Issues with other games
For what it's worth my PS4 hates my Apple Airport Express. Utterly despises it. Using every other device in my house my AAE is flawless. Using PS4 some shit always creeps up (download/upload speeds, unable to connect, etc) and I have to reboot my AAE, at which point PS4 is fine. At least this doesn't happen WHILE I'm using my PS4. Usually shit just sucks coming out of rest mode and I just reboot my router.

Having tons of connection issues on ps4

90% of the time when connecting to a game it gives me an error saying I've been signed out of the PlayStation network and online features aren't available

Yet I'm still connected to PSN. No clue why his is happening.

NAT type 2 and have never had any Issues with other games

That's rather strange. where are you located? I've had zero issues with connecting.

EA have done a stellar job with keeping servers running smoothly. With almost every big online game I can remember developers seem to be caught off guard and the launch ends up having loads of connection issues. Most recently being Rocket Leagues launch.

Guys how is the weather ,day/night cycle feature maintained in this game.
Random right? Which maps have such alternatives.

I haven't noticed a day/night cycle. Seems certain game modes are set at different times eg. Endor supremecy is set at night and Walker Assault is Day time.

Loving it so far. Just plain fun. Its one of those pick up and play multi games which is probobly what draws me to it. I guess ive grown out of COD, BF and especially CS, dont have the time for hardcore multiplayer games anymore. Guns are balanced well and even after not playing all that much I can still do pretty well, and in some cases dominate matches. I can understand why people are dissapointed and think it lacks depth, cause it does, but that hasnt detracted fron the experience much for me.

3DShovel

Already saw some hackers/glitches on PS4.

2 of them in one game with 50+ kills and 0 deaths. Completely immune to damage. Both were level 1 PSN with this being the only game they have ever played according to trophies.

Alt accounts to be sure. I just thought I sucked not being able to kill them when running across them but they both got brazen about halfway through Drop Zone and would just cap and stand right in front of the pod the entire time with everyone lobbing nades, shooting, etc. Never dying. Just killing anyone that came close and since everyone has unlimited ammo he just stood there taking shot after shot. We could not recap the pods.

Edit: not my vid but here it is in action:
https://youtu.be/yIzdQrxWoQ8

I'm thinking this is caused by lag more than anything else. I've definitely encountered this before, but the guy who was invincible eventually died and was then susceptible to damage.

Could be a glitch too. Don't see how it could be a hack. Either way, to be safe, I reported and blocked the player after the game (we still won)

rinse82

That's rather strange. where are you located? I've had zero issues with connecting.

EA have done a stellar job with keeping servers running smoothly. With almost every big online game I can remember developers seem to be caught off guard and the launch ends up having loads of connection issues. Most recently being Rocket Leagues launch.

I haven't noticed a day/night cycle. Seems certain game modes are set at different times eg. Endor supremecy is set at night and Walker Assault is Day time.

I'm in Toronto - just odd

I'll try rebooting the router

Sami+

I suck ass at FPS/TPS and it shows in pretty much every mode but me and my buddy have been cleaning up shop in Heroes vs. Villains and Fighter Squadron; the latter in particular. Give me more ships and maps and I'd honestly be down for an entire game of Fighter Squadron easily. Flying feels great and the sheer chaos and action of each dogfight really gets you into the zone. Plus it's the best Quidditch simulator out there about a minute into the game when the Falcon and Slave-1 power-ups are spawned onto the map and you can start scanning the area to find them before anyone else does.

Played about 5 matches so far and it's so good. I'm proper tempted to give in and go for the season pass but I'll probably wait until the first expansion is out .

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I think it is. Best sounding too imo. Dice are technical wizards.
Audio engineering in this game is insane. I would not be surprised if Lucasfilm actually came in to assist. The audio design is seriously not even a video game.

GeeTeeCee

Hooray, my PS4 copy has arrived! Now it can sit on my desk, the box distracting me for the next few hours while I try to do some work.

For what it's worth, my copy has the code for Jakku inside the box, as I've seen others are getting codes emailed or printed on receipts etc.

Majanew

Banned
This is technically not true. There is no reason a game couldn't have in-game TrueHD encoding as an option and output that as bitstream. Is Atmos actually instructions in the bitstream? Or is it processing on the 7.1 channel audio? (Like Pro Logic, DD+ 6.1, etc)

Edit - according to the Wikipedia page Atmos metadata can be added to Dolby Digital Plus along with TrueHD. Not sure if PS4 or XBONE support DD+.

Edit 2 - ok PS4 definitely supports Dolby Digital Plus. It's what Netflix encodes in.

Yeah, it should work, there's just no Dolby TrueHD / DTS-HDMA PS4 games I know of because you have to set PS4 to Linear PCM if you want lossless. Setting Blu-ray playback to bitstream let's receivers run the disc's audio codec instead of just LPCM-ing everything.

Ferr986

Is it safe to say this is the best looking console game available?

60 fps yes. I think Driveclub still looks betetr although they're totally different games.

Anyways, I tried another quick Fighter Squadron game in between lunch time. Again I ended in around 5th of the ranking from my team. My biggest problem is that I die in like 2 hits lol Feels like ships are weaker HP wise than in beta but maybe it's just me.

Also, I think I should totally go hunt the power ups more.

Endor's moon is so heavily weighted in favour of the Rebels it's hilarious. I don't even know how they're supposed to balance it, because it's the map design itself. One walker, two starter uplink stations quite far from the Empire and easily dependable. Same three stages. It's nigh impossible for the Walker to make it past the second stage, and playing as Rebel's it's effortless to clean sweep the Empire.

Played 8 times as Imperials on Endor, won once. It's incredibly difficult to do so in my experience. I've also been playing alone, maybe getting a few people together can make a difference. They need to make changes, maybe one uplink per stretch? That would focus a lot of spamming in one place, but goddamn, one Walker, 2 uplinks, 3 stretches... the rebel teams has to be piss for you to win.

2 of them in one game with 50+ kills and 0 deaths. Completely immune to damage. Both were level 1 PSN with this being the only game they have ever played according to trophies.

Dammit, I wonder if this is reproducible through normal play, or just lag situations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urOfmPkrec8

My buddy also ran into an invincible person yesterday too, a Walker map as well.

Hagi

Fighter Squadron is fun as hell, getting the Millennium Falcon and just laying waste is just fantastic. I haven't even dipped into any of the other game modes yet because I was having so much fun.

Game looks gorgeous, is really fun to play and has amazing sound. I'm pretty enamoured with Battlefront so far.

kriskrosbbk

Alt accounts to be sure. I just thought I sucked not being able to kill them when running across them but they both got brazen about halfway through Drop Zone and would just cap and stand right in front of the pod the entire time with everyone lobbing nades, shooting, etc. Never dying. Just killing anyone that came close and since everyone has unlimited ammo he just stood there taking shot after shot. We could not recap the pods.

I always wondered how do they do it on consoles?

Falchion

Played some Blast yesterday for the first time and it was cool being on the smaller maps. I've only stuck to Walker Assault and Supremacy before that so it was a big change.

What mode are you all finding levels you up the quickest?

Played some Blast yesterday for the first time and it was cool being on the smaller maps. I've only stuck to Walker Assault and Supremacy before that so it was a big change.

What mode are you all finding levels you up the quickest?

Heroes vs Villains.

Soooo goood.

Go play that.

b0bbyJ03

two questions: was there a code that came with the game for early access to jaku? was it on the receipt, box, etc?

What are the early contenders for best guns? I know that can be subjective but usually a few stand out of the pack?

Nodnol

So, I had one day of holiday left this year that needed to be take that I hadn't requested off, and my boss told me I needed to take it tomorrow.

Don't mind if I do! Between this and Fallout, that's my lazy Friday off sorted.

Kosma

Banned
Loving it so far. Just plain fun. Its one of those pick up and play multi games which is probobly what draws me to it. I guess ive grown out of COD, BF and especially CS, dont have the time for hardcore multiplayer games anymore. Guns are balanced well and even after not playing all that much I can still do pretty well, and in some cases dominate matches. I can understand why people are dissapointed and think it lacks depth, cause it does, but that hasnt detracted fron the experience much for me.

This is how I feel man, I bought BLOPS3 and played a bit (got over 500 kills) but was like NOPE this is too hardcore and I'll never learn all these maps and nuances.

Sold it and gonna pick this up :)

Crackbone

I have to literally force myself to stop playing this every night and it has ruined my sleep schedule. It's the least frustration and most fun I've had with a MP game since Max Payne 3.

Yep this is me. I have two kids that keep fucked hours too and it's penalizing me double. But who gives a shit, I haven't had this much fun with a shooter since I was in my early twenties. Tribes, UT, etc.

Lacix

Can I drive the speeder bike with Leia? :)
PrincessLeia.jpg

source

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Wut, driver crash? Annoying. (Latest Catalyst beta drivers.)

Looks superb and runs superbly otherwise.

I've been having trouble with the latest AMD driver too. Catalyst Control Center couldn't even detect my 290 so had to reinstall but it then underclocked my card to about 50% of stock speeds. Also, first time trying to load Battlefront it just crashed. Having some audio issues but not sure if that's due to the driver or the game itself. All the audio is distorted/crackling. This was only happening in the game and not any system sounds/Spotify music.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Missed opportunity to mix in the Death Star assault music build up towards the end of a Walker Assault rush when the AT-ATs get to the generator and the battle is down to the last minute.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Has there been any impressions of this game running in Atmos yet? I'd say it's incredible, will be a few months before I have an Atmos setup running myself.

This is technically not true. There is no reason a game couldn't have in-game TrueHD encoding as an option and output that as bitstream. Is Atmos actually instructions in the bitstream? Or is it processing on the 7.1 channel audio? (Like Pro Logic, DD+ 6.1, etc)

I also can't think of a technical limitation for PS4 not outputting DTS-HD or DD T-HD via bitstream, it must just be that no developer has bothered yet. Still, 7.1 LPCM is pretty nice too, and the main reason that I used the PS3 over the 360 last gen.

Setting Blu-ray playback to bitstream let's receivers run the disc's audio codec instead of just LPCM-ing everything.

This was why I got a separate Blu-Ray player, changing back and forth was a pain in the tits.

How the fuck runs this at 60fps? I'm amazed

Seriously. I am still amazed at what DICE has accomplished. It's not just mind blowingly good looking but runs smoothly as butter. Seriously an amazing job. Yesterday I was playing a round of Walker Assault on Endor Forest Moon with 40 players, AT-STs and AT-ATs, lots of bombs and laser shots everywhere and there was no slowdown at all, my jaw went to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom