• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterthumpa

Any word on patches or balance changes? Why the fuck does this game still not have team scramble?

Just you.
Nope, it isn't.

Playing from Brazil and I can't seem to find more than a single match every 30 minutes. People in the Origin forums and brazilian forums are reporting the same thing. Sucks.

Pastry

Banned
This game is comically unbalanced. Heroes, weapons, the lack of ground vehicles for rebels (oh but you get turrets!), the lack of appropriate camo on maps, spawn points way too far back for a game without transport vehicles. I'm pretty close to shelving this and going back to BF4 until something is done. Then you throw the lack of the maps into the mix and meh.

Papacheeks

Banned
I can't even get the game to install correctly on my PS4, keeps saying Corrupted file?

I get a corrupt symbol for the disc icon, but I just put in Dead pool from gamefly and it installed fine?

I tried rebuilding the data base, reinstalling 3.11, powered it off, clean boot.

I can't figure it out and see other's online having the same issue.

Do I just put the disc in and wait? Does the corrupt symbol go away after 20gb patch?

Klyka

Banned
These maps are the worst.

Absolutely the worst.

The spawncamping, the absolutely non sense cover that lets a spawnpoint be peppered from two sides, the insane ways one group can run passed the other team unopposed and attack from behind while that team has no such way to do the same.

This is by FAR one of the worst designed multiplayers I have seen in the last years.

It's still fun ONLY because it is Star Wars, but jesus is this a not so great game.

DavidDesu

Ok, so I have an idea. I'm sure it's not an original idea lol. BUT considering how well the game performs, at a stable 60fps on PS4 at nearly 1080p, does anyone think that DICE could or should at least try to support PSVR with some sort of VR mode. I can think only for the Fighter Squadron mode of course to negate the movement issues. Surely they could create a separate VR mode. Pare back the number of craft involved, pare back some of the visuals a little bit and voila, we could be IN an X Wing or Tie Fighter flying over Hoth.

I think it would be worth it, hell make it a $5/£5 add on or something. Considering Driveclub has gone from 30fps and with some visuals turned down and the number of cars reduced they've created a VR version of the engine that reportedly works very well, considering the strength of this engine in Battlefront I see it as completely feasible now. For EVERY Star Wars and non Star Wars fan it would be f'ing incredible. Literally nirvana for me. Oh and Death Star attack/trench run DLC to coincide with it ;)

This is all possible in 2016, exciting times!

Nemic77

Has anyone done sullust survival yet? It's RIDICULOUS.

Yeah, had a quick go on hard mode with a friend. Really difficult... It was the first survival we couldn't finish after completing all of the other maps.

This game is comically unbalanced. Heroes, weapons, the lack of ground vehicles for rebels (oh but you get turrets!)

Well the rebels never really had any ground vehicles in the movies. Walker Assault, for example, should be an asymmetrical game mode. The rebels should have a hard time winning without team work. Unfortunately some of the beta tweaks went too far and I see the rebels win much more than the imperials do.

Homing shot is like too fucking strong.

No idea what kind of rationale made them think that implementing something like that would be a good idea.

It's completely cheap and devalues the awesome blaster fights that were present at the start. Now people are leveling up and unlocking the homing shot and those impact grenades and it just turns into spam that shit all the time.

autoduelist

This plays nothing like battlefield. I didn't play the beta and thought that it would. I'm pretty disappointed in it since I went into it with those expectations. If you found the beta likeable then you may enjoy it. I enjoy it for short bursts but battlefield games I used to be able to play all day.

Okay, about what I expected. I guess I'll pick up BF4 on the cheap... and maybe grab this in 6months. I do sort of want to grab it now while the community is hot... but $60 is $60.

How do I aim in airfights?

When the enemy is dodging to one direction the lock on an laser fire does not hit. Or am I missing something?
Do I just aim manually then?

Klyka

Banned
No idea what kind of rationale made them think that implementing something like that would be a good idea.

It's completely cheap and devalues the awesome blaster fights that were present at the start. Now people are leveling up and unlocking the homing shot and those impact grenades and it just turns into spam that shit all the time.

Impact grenades are such a ridiculous idea to put in a game.

A one button press weapon that has no counter and instantly explodes in a huge explosion that 1 hit kills you and everyone around you.

Every time you engage a man in closeish combat,they just throw an impact grenade and you throw yours and it kills you and them or just you cause for some reason my grenades keep ending up doing zero damage even if they explode in a guys face.

And yeah,homing shot on maps that have no real cover = "thanks for the kill!" every 15 seconds

And why is there no mantling in this like in BF3 and BF4? You get stuck on EVERYTHING and jumping often still keeps you stuck. WTF?

Pastry

Banned
Yeah, had a quick go on hard mode with a friend. Really difficult... It was the first survival we couldn't finish after completing all of the other maps.

Well the rebels never really had any ground vehicles in the movies. Walker Assault, for example, should be an asymmetrical game mode. The rebels should have a hard time winning without team work. Unfortunately some of the beta tweaks went too far and I see the rebels win much more than the imperials do.

At a certain point you have to look past what is in the original trilogy movies and make some decisions based off of game design. DICE went for complete accuracy to the movies and as a result this game is a step back in every way from BF4.

Nemic77

At a certain point you have to look past what is in the original trilogy movies and make some decisions based off of game design. DICE went for complete accuracy to the movies and as a result this game is a step back in every way from BF4.

Can't argue against that. But in my opinion, and as a Star Wars fan, the attention to detail and the faithful recreation of the battles are part of the reason this game is so fun to play.

Bastables

Body guard trait with it's HE mitigation stops homing he and all he grenades from one shoting you.
Smoke grenades block line of sight and lock ons.

B-Dex

So personal shields don't let you attack or do anything. Except on cargo. You can cap cargo and run while shielded. Such a joke.

Woorloog

Banned
So personal shields don't let you attack or do anything. Except on cargo. You can cap cargo and run while shielded. Such a joke.

Do you mean you cannot even fire or that the shield just blocks things?

I understood that you can use kinetic weapons through it, like the Cycler Rifle and grenades.
If so, the shield's purpose is obvious: it is mostly for running through open spaces under fire.

Impact grenades are such a ridiculous idea to put in a game.

A one button press weapon that has no counter and instantly explodes in a huge explosion that 1 hit kills you and everyone around you.

Every time you engage a man in closeish combat,they just throw an impact grenade and you throw yours and it kills you and them or just you cause for some reason my grenades keep ending up doing zero damage even if they explode in a guys face.

And yeah,homing shot on maps that have no real cover = "thanks for the kill!" every 15 seconds

And why is there no mantling in this like in BF3 and BF4? You get stuck on EVERYTHING and jumping often still keeps you stuck. WTF?

Pretty much.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/12843453#t=8

The worst dam thing about this game, is having to kick my kids off constantly or waiting for my turn.

Seriously. I set up the Xbone and Halo 5 in their own room a week ago, but all they want to do now is play Star Wars, night and day on my system now.

Needless to say we're going to need multiple copies in the near future...

Seriously though, this is my kids first Star Wars game, and they absolutely ador it. I can only imagine if there were somthing like this for me when I was a kid. I grew up on the neon green starwars arcade box at the pizza place, and that still gives me a nostalgia rush thinking about it haha.

I feel ya man. Just introduced my 12 year old to it and he's addicted... and he hates shooters

The power of the force :)

Sec0nd

Having a lot of fun with the game. Playing with the 10 hour EA Access. Boba Fett is absolutely insane. Had him twice in one game of Walker Assault on Tattooie and went 88-6. All the other heroes feel so damn weak when you've played as Boba.

It's a fun game but it's slowly getting a bit boring. Maybe it's because of the lack of maps (I primarily play Walker Assault) or the lack of different guns, or lack of meaningful progression or customization. Or it's my attention span I have. Probably the last part as I've gotten bored with Halo 5 and Fallout 4 pretty quick. Won't be buying it but I'm super glad I've been able to play both the beta and these 10 hours. What a fantastic Star Wars game this is.

Klocker

man every time I say I'm going to take a break and play another game, fallout 4, assassin's creed syndicate or forza I just end up launching this game again it owns me right now

Blitzhex

I have a challenge to get 25 long-range rifle kills. What the hell are those? None of my weapons count toward it from any range.

LoveCake

Picked this up today & been playing a few hours this afternoon & again for a few hours this evening.

I am averaging half way up the tables & i have been winning as both rebels & empire on all the Walker Assault levels (ok i have lost many times) but winning as the rebels is not as hard as when playing the BETA.

I have not even looked at any of the other game modes, i did play Survival in the BETA & enjoyed it.

I think people are just going to go all out & just play the Walker Assault levels, what do we need the Season Pass for? unless EA push out DLC that is just new maps for Walker Assault -_-

This is fantastic, ok it may lack depth, but once you win as a rebel that is it you just keep playing regardless of which side you are on, it's pure dumb fun, i don't think there has been a game like this for a while now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
are the sniper cards OSKs? i can't seem to hit anything moving because i can't seem to properly lead my aim to compensate for that brief delay before firing

For those of you who tried the training mission on Sullust, why in the hell couldn't they use that lighting in one of the larger MP modes, that sky and setting sun is incredible.

I have to say they really failed in terms of visual variety when it comes to the maps of the larger modes compared to the smaller ones.

jmizzal

This game needs a double XP weekend, even tho i'm better at this then COD black ops 3, I seem to level up slower

I had it early on EA access and i'm still only level 17, COD im on level 40

RedAssedApe

Banned
^funny you say that about blops because some people have been complaining about how long it takes to prestige in that game lol. to me the leveling in bf is alright but i never seem to have enough money because of the combination of cards/emotes :[

is there anyway to skip the post match score thing or is that simply there to mask loading?

B-Dex

Partner spawning breaks supremacy. Run ahead to the next point. Have your partner spawn on you. Instant 2x capture. By the time the opposite team arrives you're 3/4 capped or more.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel like some of the modes are a few changes away from being really damn good.

Heroes vs. Villains is probably my favorite so far, but it can get really campy. Had a game on the ice caves where the rebels basically just chilled at the spawn area. Coming through the cave was suicide, since leia and han have solid range, and fett is much weaker indoors. So we started to go on the left side on the cliff top. The rest of their team started trying to snipe while we attempted to whittle them down. Almost every round went to the timer/draw though we ended up winning 5 to 4.

I'm bad with map names, but that one with the giant ship overtop can also be problematic as the empire can all jump up on it while only Luke can for the rebels, which would be suicide. Worst case, Boba alone tends to hang up there and it can really draw games out.

If they added some sort of objecctive to make the hero player forced to be active it would give the matches much more flow. Instead of scouring the map in a 3v1 scenario, you could instead force them to come out of their hole.

Fighter Squadron matches just feel way too fast, which make some other things stand out more. Given the match timer, hero ships are too damn strong--basically there's ONE chance to get it, and that person will be in that ship for the duration of the round, with an asston of HP that is mainly feasibly taken out by the other hero ship(the falcon shield thing is dumb too).

Haven't played Hero Hunt much but this is obvious, the reliance on the killing blow = nope.

Some other stuff, like Walker Assault on Endor, is mindboggling. This needs a ton of work to be okay.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Fighter Squadron definitely needs some changes, the biggest being how short the game matches are, needs to be double or triple the kill counter.

I've flown both multiple times and Millennium Falcon feels much much stronger than Slave 1, its seemingly has a massive health advantage while also having a shield ability, and maybe it is just me but the Falcon seems to have a much smaller turning circle than Slave 1. Slave 1 just doesn't have the firepower advantage you think it would when it dies so much quicker next to the Falcon.

A-Wings seem much harder to hit than anything else flying around in the game, almost like it isn't targeting them properly, I just followed an A-Wing following Slave 1 and I had to take it out with missiles in the end because I just couldn't seem to hit it properly.
I would also love a "hard core" version of some of these game modes, but even something like custom rules would be sweet, I'd love to fly in cockpit mode of the fighters but it puts you in such a disadvantage there is no point so if everyone was locked to it that would be pretty sweet to play.

Partner system also sucks, squad system in Battlefield worked fine, I don't know why they went with a crappier system that only allows two people to play together properly.

Klyka

Banned
Supremacy and Walker Assault are broken spawncamping messes with people getting into positions with the jetpack you can't get to without one and raining unlimited grenades on your spawn.

Only the smaller modes and maps are in any way well designed and fun.

It's like they have a completely different team compared to Battlefield on this and just said "yo,make large maps and shit" and they just heard "make large maps shit!"

B-Dex

Supremacy and Walker Assault are broken spawncamping messes with people getting into positions with the jetpack you can't get to without one and raining unlimited grenades on your spawn.

Only the smaller modes and maps are in any way well designed and fun.

It's like they have a completely different team compared to Battlefield on this and just said "yo,make large maps and shit" and they just heard "make large maps shit!"

This was my initial impression as well. But I've already clocked like 20+ hours and have noticed the nuances in the maps more. Hang back and observe what goes on at high encounter areas and you'll see. And also rack up kill after kill.

Nudull

Banned
Did Walker Assault on Endor for the first time and got an Imperial win. I either got really lucky, or crappy Rebels. o.o

I just had a game of Drop Zone where I was the only one with a jet pack... I actually felt bad. I'm a really, really, really bad player, but managed to stomp with it. I just found a nice spot to camp up top of the entire zone and guarded the pods. Got about 30 kills in the last few minutes of the game.

I certainly had a better time than the game I played where my entire team never got a single kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom