• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Holy shit at that small Endor map in Blast! So beautiful!

Too bad it has a bit too many indoor areas, people tend to go there even though it limits mobility and is a bad idea overall.
My thoughts exactly. I honestly wish there was a small forest only Endor map to go along with it though.

Last night I was doing some Luke hero battles against the AI on that map. What a blast. Kind of sucked having to go inside to clear people out so much. But man. What an awesome Star Wars power fantasy moment that was.

Woorloog

Banned
I want a rain and night versions of the Walker Assault Endor map. And rainy night version.

I mean, why not?

Just fix the balance problem on the map and it is like the best thing ever, and better thing ever if it were a rainy night.

It never ceases to amaze me how reactionary DICE was to Walker Assault from the Beta.

But mostly it disappoints me because I really loved the mode in the Beta but I can't play it now. It takes an Empire team close to twice as skilled to win.

Yes, that's why I'm sticking to Supremacy for now. That mode is a little more balanced.

Raptor

Dice need to fix the damn spawns I mean we constantly get spawn killed really bad one of the reasons I stay away from cod games is because of that.

They need to make it líke BF4 asap.

jackdoe

Dice need to fix the damn spawns I mean we constantly get spawn killed really bad one of the reasons I stay away from cod games is because of that.

They need to make it líke BF4 asap.
I haven't been getting spawn killed, but I have been spawning so incredibly far from the objective that I can't contribute to any meaningful push. Really, they need to let us choose our own spawns and let us actually choose a fire team/partner manually instead of randomly.

Endor having two AT-ATs would probably help.

I mean, every other map has two AT-ATs and they seem to be far more even.

I don't think it needs 2, but giving it a 50% health boost would make a big enough difference. I've only seen it make it to the last stage twice, and one of those times rebels lost but it was by a hair, the thing had no visible health left.

I want a rain and night versions of the Walker Assault Endor map. And rainy night version.

I mean, why not?

Just fix the balance problem on the map and it is like the best thing ever, and better thing ever if it were a rainy night.

Yes, just some variations, even check out the training session on Sullust, it looks SO much better, no idea why they skimped out on it, or maybe I do, season pass.

Raptor

I haven't been getting spawn killed, but I have been spawning so incredibly far from the objective that I can't contribute to any meaningful push. Really, they need to let us choose our own spawns and let us actually choose a fire team/partner manually instead of randomly.
Exactly, Im all pumped up defending or attacking only to get killed and spawn far away and get spawn killed tales away the chaotic and tactical nature of everything, I want to spawn at the damn fight at all times. Lol.

Makoto

I wonder if we'll ever get an anonymous Battlefront developer to drop an expose on the development of this game. For a game developed by the studio that brought us Battlefield, this game doesn't feel like it was even developed by the same studio when you look at all of it's quirks. Like, I have to question the logic behind giving the Imperials the AT-ST but no ground equivalent for the Rebels. Sure, one could say it's to maintain accuracy to the movies but that assertion is brought into question when things like orbital strikes and squad shields, things we've not seen in the movies, are in this game. Then you've got the very video game-y powerups strewn across maps. I'm left to wonder: Did the vision of this game shift in the middle of development or was making this game such a last-minute, dramatic drop on the studio's lap that they had to scramble to do what was familiar as fast as possible?

I haven't had any issues winning as the Empire on Endor.

But I'm getting the feeling that new players are picking Walker Assault and then playing it like a TDM match. Some games I've played as the Empire, the Rebels aren't even trying to hold on to the uplinks.

So true. It seems people aren't worried about the objectives in other modes as well.

I had lots of fun playing Drop Zone (?) though. So far, it seems everyone's been scrambling to the pods to capture or defend them.

I decided to get a refund on origin. People were right, this games content feels wafer thin. I might buy it when a GOTY version is out with the DLC but for now I think I'm going to go back to Fallout 4. Bummer. :(

Very glad origin has refunds though.

MattyG

Banned
So what locations do we think we'll see in the expansions? I'm expecting 1 per expansion, and if we keep with OT locations only then my bets are

- Bespin
- Dagobah (though this one would be kind of weird, I can't see it working for a full expansion)
- Yavin IV
- Death Star

Sizzle55

Exactly, Im all pumped up defending or attacking only to get killed and spawn far away and get spawn killed tales away the chaotic and tactical nature of everything, I want to spawn at the damn fight at all times. Lol.
This. By the time I trudge my way back to the action I am dead again.

So what locations do we think we'll see in the expansions? I'm expecting 1 per expansion, and if we keep with OT locations only then my bets are

- Bespin
- Dagobah (though this one would be kind of weird, I can't see it working for a full expansion)
- Yavin IV
- Death Star

I don't think they're going to do Dagobah, but the other locations are a good bet.
I also can see Dice adding to the existing planets, like a Mos Eisley map or something.

Had a ton of my wife's family over for early thanksgiving today, A few nephews slept over last night and I hooked up battlefront to my big screen in the front room. It was glorious just watching them laugh and play and enjoy Star Wars! They knew all the weapons all the heroes and they were in love! It seriously reminded me of Goldeneye and even Halo CE.

I think they stayed up until 1am playing survival mode.

Anyways stupid story but man it took me back.

I just encountered someone using a personal shield for the first time. I wish it was static and didn't move with them.

What's the best counter to this?

I just encountered someone using a personal shield for the first time. I wish it was static and didn't move with them.

Run up to them, get up in their face and the moment it goes down melee them, lol.

It just results in people hiding behind geometry and spamming nades, it adds nothing.

People would do that anyway and I don't see how they contribute to players doing that? please explain.

deim0s

Basically this game is not on my radar at all... But a few minutes seeing it in action, im sold. Instant gratification! Dropzon is the best mode, so far.

Ion shots.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I wonder if we'll ever get an anonymous Battlefront developer to drop an expose on the development of this game. For a game developed by the studio that brought us Battlefield, this game doesn't feel like it was even developed by the same studio when you look at all of it's quirks. Like, I have to question the logic behind giving the Imperials the AT-ST but no ground equivalent for the Rebels. Sure, one could say it's to maintain accuracy to the movies but that assertion is brought into question when things like orbital strikes and squad shields, things we've not seen in the movies, are in this game. Then you've got the very video game-y powerups strewn across maps. I'm left to wonder: Did the vision of this game shift in the middle of development or was making this game such a last-minute, dramatic drop on the studio's lap that they had to scramble to do what was familiar as fast as possible?

Probably the BF team are working on Bad Company 3. Just quietly. ;-)

DOWN

Banned
Cross post PS4 60fps bliss:

22904478170_0907e78132_o.png

22573203503_6f12e223e7_o.png

22904478600_46cbb3b2d0_o.png

22904479330_68d3effea7_o.png

anothertech

Run up to them, get up in their face and the moment it goes down melee them, lol.

People would do that anyway and I don't see how they contribute to players doing that? please explain.
There are some maps where jet packs/jump packs are a bit broken, because you can get on top of things that should really be off limits as no one can reach you or see you while you just throw nades or snipe from above while invulnerable.

It's not the jet packs mind you, those are a fun and awesome part of the game. They just need to fix some of the geometry so people can't get on top of it or hide within it. Or make it so those areas are accessible by other means so it is more balanced.

AXE

On PC.

Are people skipping everything else but Walker Assault and Supremacy? Seems like almost no one's playing the other modes.

Everdred

On PC.

Are people skipping everything else but Walker Assault and Supremacy? Seems like almost no one's playing the other modes.
I don't have the PC version but I wouldn't doubt it, seems like most people just default to the large modes and don't even try the smaller ones.

This game would be so much more enjoyable if I could pick my spawn. Instead, I continually get spawned into a mosh pit where the other team is just raining down lasers and grenades

Danneee

Reached level 21 and I'm done. There's just too much stuff that feels so off or unbalanced in this game.
I loved BF4, even when it was a laggy meas 50% of the time it was good and everything felt good and not just based on luck or getting to play the faction with the advantages on the map or game mode.
Card feel either cheap or meaningless like the consumables. Ship battles feels like an afterthought, the game mode is just weird in how short the matches are and how unbalanced the ships are.
Oh well, I guess it's almost worth the $60 on account of the missions and the graphics.

MDave

Yeah, Drop Zone is legit. Fast-paced, tight, all-out action with both teams rushing towards the pods. Awesome stuff.

I haven't tried it yet since launch, the ingame description doesn't make it sound all that interesting, but I will now from yours and others description of it!

I suck at this game though, 0.5KD, but still trying to have fun.

Crackbone

Yeah, Drop Zone is legit. Fast-paced, tight, all-out action with both teams rushing towards the pods. Awesome stuff.

Drop Zone, Droid Run, Blast and Cargo are all legit modes. They are exactly as you described.

The larger modes are fun too, but this early on you get a ton of folks just ignoring objectives and playing the game like it's some fucking Napoleonic pitched battle. Line up, and get mowed.

I've put alot of hours in already and the game while simple in basic gameplay has a ton of nuances that once you discover them really open the game up and allow for some great gunplay and firefights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom