• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They nerfed the orbital strikes against the AT-AT's? Put the rebels in even more disadvantage? Wat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They nerfed the orbital strikes against the AT-AT's? Put the rebels in even more disadvantage? Wat.

The rebels seem fine now, they changed more than that from the beta.

The orbital, even then, was never okay. There is zero counterplay to a random guy on the map just holding a powerup that damn near one shot a walker.

Ferrio

Banned

Rebels have it easy right now most think. If the orbital didn't get nerfed it'd be way worse than it is now. They nerfed the ATATs and now people have access to all the anti vehicle stuff. AT-ATs go down hard.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The rebels seem fine now, they changed more than that from the beta.

The orbital, even then, was never okay. There is zero counterplay to a random guy on the map just holding a powerup that damn near one shot a walker.

Rebels have it easy right now most think. If the orbital didn't get nerfed it'd be way worse than it is now. They nerfed the ATATs and now people have access to all the anti vehicle stuff. AT-ATs go down hard.

Oh, ok. Just played a little bit of that so I haven't seen much of the changes.

Klyka

Banned
This was my initial impression as well. But I've already clocked like 20+ hours and have noticed the nuances in the maps more. Hang back and observe what goes on at high encounter areas and you'll see. And also rack up kill after kill.

I will try and "hang back" next time I spawn between two groups of enemies throwing grenades at my spawn.

Supremacy and Walker Assault are broken spawncamping messes with people getting into positions with the jetpack you can't get to without one and raining unlimited grenades on your spawn.

Only the smaller modes and maps are in any way well designed and fun.

It's like they have a completely different team compared to Battlefield on this and just said "yo,make large maps and shit" and they just heard "make large maps shit!"

I agree, they need to make a few drastic changes in these modes.

Wil348

Played Walker Assault on Endor as the Empire earlier and won. Also, Boba Fett is OP but in a good way. It feels so badass to play as him.

Let my younger brother play when he came over to visit today, went 5k34d on his first match. Didn't get much better. RIP k/d ratio :(

But he had a lot of fun!

Nodnol

Unlocked the T21B.

Love it. Just have to regulate the trigger a bit because it overheats really quickly. If you have a static enemy, I find quickly triple-tapping it normally leads to a quick kill.

I'm not very good at the game and almost lead my teams in deaths most times, but Man, I'm loving this game so far. This is like a Star Wars-themed Warhawk for the new generation of consoles.

It's simple fun for the most part, and I really don't worry about dying (unless playing that TDM mode). I just try to stay active and complete objectives.

Love playing Emperor and Vader >:D

I do worry about a split fan base once dlc hits though.

MADGAME

Wildlife I've seen so far:
Some sort of bird flying around the Jundland Wastes mountain tops
Small multi-legged shelled creatures around the bone piles in Jundland Wastes
Lizards climbing up the tree trunks in Endor.

Anyone see anything else?

Kane1345

Loving this damn game. Definitely has problems when it comes to spawn points in supremacy
(spawn me if front of a whole group of enemies, well done -.-)
but holy crap does it nail Star Wars. I'm just having way too much fun.

Oh and DICE fix the stormtrooper outfits on Endor, the rebels have a crazy advantage on that map. While you're at it give us better customisation options for troopers besides the same heads with no helmet. Troopers without helmets are just so wrong.....

Any gaffers down to play tonight on ps4? Send me an invite to username:

Blatt

Looking nice to play with some normal dudes with headsets, yo.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Loving this damn game. Definitely has problems when it comes to spawn points in supremacy
(spawn me if front of a whole group of enemies, well done -.-)
but holy crap does it nail Star Wars. I'm just having way too much fun.

Oh and DICE fix the stormtrooper outfits on Endor, the rebels have a crazy advantage on that map. While you're at it give us better customisation options for troopers besides the same heads with no helmet. Troopers without helmets are just so wrong.....

Yeah, I agree on Endor. Playing Supremacy it's night time, and rebels are almost impossible to see wheras the Empire is bright white. Ridiculous.

Woorloog

Banned
Holy shit at that small Endor map in Blast! So beautiful!

Too bad it has a bit too many indoor areas, people tend to go there even though it limits mobility and is a bad idea overall.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose my honeymoon is over. I hate that the partner system is broken, how people kill with BS cards, breaking the game. I honestly will wait to play it until a friend gets it. I'm sick of it, right now.

Quonny

If they nerf shields on the Rebel side and buff boost on the Imperial side, Fighter Squadron would be enough of a game for me to keep it. If they add ships, man, it could be a ton of fun.

Shields are so amazingly OP that I can't believe DICE didn't notice.

Beaulieu

Picked this up today & been playing a few hours this afternoon & again for a few hours this evening.

I am averaging half way up the tables & i have been winning as both rebels & empire on all the Walker Assault levels (ok i have lost many times) but winning as the rebels is not as hard as when playing the BETA.

I have not even looked at any of the other game modes, i did play Survival in the BETA & enjoyed it.

I think people are just going to go all out & just play the Walker Assault levels, what do we need the Season Pass for? unless EA push out DLC that is just new maps for Walker Assault -_-

This is fantastic, ok it may lack depth, but once you win as a rebel that is it you just keep playing regardless of which side you are on, it's pure dumb fun, i don't think there has been a game like this for a while now.

?? Maybe try the other modes ?

Survival on hard, on Sullust, can go right ahead fuck itself. If it had matchmaking I wouldn't mind, but give me a break trying to do it solo. Seriously, why in the hell isn't there matchmaking for survival, what a missed opportunity. For everything I love about this game it sure does do some things really really poorly.

9th round is 2 chicken walkers, 3 tie fighters and at least 10 ground troops and a couple probe droids.

Sushigod7

Alright I searched the thread I can't find anything on the Deluxe Weapon unlocks, I'm already level 14 and realized I haven't got my free stuff after downloading etc. Wth am I doing wrong?

edit: I did download the code off PSN shows in my history in my account etc.

Alright I searched the thread I can't find anything on the Deluxe Weapon unlocks, I'm already level 14 and realized I haven't got my free stuff after downloading etc. Wth am I doing wrong?

• DL-44 blaster – as made famous by Han Solo (instant access)
• Ion Detonator (instant access)
• Ion Torpedo (instant access)
• Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
• Victory (exclusive emote)

That's everything you should have unlocked, it should just be there, already unlocked. The DL-44 is the last weapon you unlock and it's at the bottom of the list. Are you sure you're not just overlooking it? Because all of those items (edit: minus the 2 exclusive items) are there for me, a non deluxe owner, but some are just locked because I haven't leveled up enough yet.

Wildlife I've seen so far:
Some sort of bird flying around the Jundland Wastes mountain tops
Small multi-legged shelled creatures around the bone piles in Jundland Wastes
Lizards climbing up the tree trunks in Endor.

Anyone see anything else?
Ewoks running back into their treehouse when you approach.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
It's actually a pity that they didn't add the maps from the offline (Hero) Battles to the multiplayer. That are 4 great maps and already well designed. It couldn't have been that difficult to make them also playable for the multiplayer?

Sushigod7

• DL-44 blaster – as made famous by Han Solo (instant access)
• Ion Detonator (instant access)
• Ion Torpedo (instant access)
• Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
• Victory (exclusive emote)

That's everything you should have unlocked, it should just be there, already unlocked. The DL-44 is the last weapon you unlock and it's at the bottom of the list. Are you sure you're not just overlooking it? Because all of those items (edit: minus the 2 exclusive items) are there for me, a non deluxe owner, but some are just locked because I haven't leveled up enough yet.

Went back in and its there now. Crazy thanks man

Bond007

I re downloaded and it worked fine.

Bastables

Yeah, I agree on Endor. Playing Supremacy it's night time, and rebels are almost impossible to see wheras the Empire is bright white. Ridiculous.
Scan pulse is your friend. Also use the threat map, bar means far pie means medium range, brightness indicates how lon ago enemy movement or shooting was detected.

Probe droid also shoots off scan pulses.

TheFuzz

Loving every second of this game. If you're hopping around game modes a lot, it's kind of ridiculous how varied the maps are.

Spawning and matchmaking could use some work, but it's a hell of a lot of fun anyway.

Just played for another 4 hours straight. Why am I still having fun with this game? I haven't even touched Fighter Squadron.

Also <3 personal shield.

Vodh

3rd day of pretty intense playing, Rank 22 so far, and I'm loving this game so much. It's just so much fun! Still rocking the empire blaster (E-11?), amazing gun - but other guns have their uses too, all in all I'm also loving how picking a different blaster makes me adjust my playstyle.

Tried out 3rd person and while I see the advantages, I still prefer the 1st person view - feels more 'right' and while the increased FOV and peeking around corners are nice, shooting from behind cover and through tiny gaps is much easier in 1st person.

Also, Bodyguard perk is amazing. Anything but a direct hit from a grenade is now survivable.

Also don't mind the map variety yet, with Battle of Jakku it will become quite alright and the games are really varied so far anyways. Please EA, don't botch the DLC!

Just played for another 4 hours straight. Why am I still having fun with this game?

Because it's fun as fuck.

Sure there aren't a ton of maps, and the game can feel like the wild west with its powerful as fuck star cards and lame mountain climbing/spawn camping tactics, but somehow it all comes together in a cacophony of entertaining shit.

Anyone wanna get some Drop Zone or Droid Run going? Looking for six to get a party started. Also up for some Heroes vs Villians as well. PSN is: cooi_breeze

Almost won a WA as Imperials on Endor. That was the first time I've even seen phase three, sad because I think that it is the best phase in terms of gameplay and the map.

Bsigg12

Almost won a WA as Imperials on Endor. That was the first time I've even seen phase three, sad because I think that it is the best phase in terms of gameplay and the map.

It definitely is. It opens the map up more and the spawns for the Imperials aren't so screwed. Only having 1 Walker and each section having 2 uplinks is still kinda messed up.

Jorav

So is there a consensus on which gun is the best? I usually just rock the standard issue weapon and save my points for cards.

I haven't had any issues winning as the Empire on Endor.

But I'm getting the feeling that new players are picking Walker Assault and then playing it like a TDM match. Some games I've played as the Empire, the Rebels aren't even trying to hold on to the uplinks.

Woorloog

Banned
So is there a consensus on which gun is the best? I usually just rock the standard issue weapon and save my points for cards.

E-11 and A280C are good all-around guns. I'm leaning toward the E-11 as being better but only very slightly, and that is only outside of close combat, where A280C's faster rate of fire is advantageous.

RT-97C is very, very popular, and i see people getting kills with it from long ranges. Me, i can't use it at all. But that's no big loss, it is ugly.

Overall the weapon balance is pretty good, though some weapons could use tweaks.

Crisium

It never ceases to amaze me how reactionary DICE was to Walker Assault from the Beta.

But mostly it disappoints me because I really loved the mode in the Beta but I can't play it now. It takes an Empire team close to twice as skilled to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom