• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Calling it now, that AT-ST will be near worthless in Graveyard of Giants. Won't last long at all.

Edit: great minds and what not, Antonz

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
While the map looks great and the mode looks fun, it's stupid they didn't show the second map and Walker Assault.

Considering they didn't talked about it, it seems 100% sure that the new mode will only be playable on the new map?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
At Street Kappa.

Lunacy! I hate you all.

Kidding, this made me chuckle. Knew I would get these responses!

I'm amazed at how much mileage the argument of Ay Tee Ay Tee vs AT AT gets. People get really bothered by it. lol. I don't see why it would be required to pronounce it the same way that AT ST is pronounced. So it seems like an odd reason to me.

It is mostly in good fun. But yeah, some people take shit surius biznezz.

Machina

Banned
lol broadband issues, dafuck.

Anyways. So no heroes at all for Jakku? Or simply not for turning point, but they are present in WA?

Just for Turning Point, probably because in such a game mode where you have to literally camp on the control point to protect it, Heroes would be OP as fuck

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
lol broadband issues, dafuck.

Anyways. So no heroes at all for Jakku? Or simply not for turning point, but they are present in WA?

They showed some gameplay with Luke vs Darth Vader of WA on Jakku.

Ozorov

While the map looks great and the mode looks fun, it's stupid they didn't show the second map and Walker Assault.

Considering they didn't talked about it, it seems 100% sure that the new mode will only be playable on the new map?

Yeah, probably like 99.9%. Weird choice. Or maybe they will add them soon-isch?

Really wish instead of these events or rather a supplement to this, we could just get a gameplay overview video with the developer talking over key features. I would prefer that TBH.

So, I came across a rather serious bug/glitch/exploit.
Yesterday a had some credits to burn and bought a shitload of charges for my scan pulse card. The card displays 99 charges.
Every time I die in a match the number of charges resets to 99. Just played a match in dropzone, used about 6 or 7 charges, card displayed 92 charges, died and respawned with 99 charges again.

Quoting for a new page, got a bit buried in the Jakku stuff.

MADGAME

Will there be a Turning Point playlist being there is only one map for it? Not sure how many times in a row I could play it over and over on the same map without breaking it up a bit. There should be a Supremacy/Walker Assault/Turning Point playlist that plays the same map twice, flipping sides then moving on.

Quoting for a new page, got a bit buried in the Jakku stuff.

It sounds like you overbought charges and the game can only display 99 charges while it is storing the correct amount of charges on file. So once you actually hit below 99 charges it'll start showing that number correctly after death. I'd be suspicious of it if after using more than you think you purchased if it keeps resetting to 99.

Edit: Bleh forgot to edit previous post to include this.

Ozorov

Will there be a Turning Point playlist being there is only one map for it? Not sure how many times in a row I could play it over and over on the same map without breaking it up a bit. There should be a Supremacy/Walker Assault/Turning Point playlist that plays the same map twice, flipping sides then moving on.

I would also love if you could make your own playlists or like in CoD, where theres a mode that just put you in a random game-mode and changes after that game is over.

It sounds like you overbought charges and the game can only display 99 charges while it is storing the correct amount of charges on file. So once you actually hit below 99 charges it'll start showing that number correctly after death. I'd be suspicious of it if after using more than you think you purchased if it keeps resetting to 99.

Edit: Bleh forgot to edit previous post to include this.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I haven't purchased Scan Pulse for a while now, use it all the time. 99 charges err'day. Ssshhhhhhhhhh.

Consumable charges is a dumb mechanic anyway, it favors good players who can afford to pop them constantly, while punishing players who may only score in the middle of the pack (or lower) and not earn as many credits per game. Should be an occasional use power with a long cooldown, to encourage strategic use instead of an unbalancing power multiplier for those that can afford to spam it.

Ozorov

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I haven't purchased Scan Pulse for a while now, use it all the time. 99 charges err'day. Ssshhhhhhhhhh.

Consumable charges is a dumb mechanic anyway, it favors good players who can afford to pop them constantly, while punishing players who may only score in the middle of the pack (or lower) and not earn as many credits per game. Should be an occasional use power with a long cooldown, to encourage strategic use instead of an unbalancing power multiplier for those that can afford to spam it.

All-the-time-Scan-pulse would be pretty op :]

Agree 100%. The charges on the battlefield should just allow for an immediate refresh of the long cooldown(60-90 seconds) if picked up. Doubtful they'd do it though since it would make credits more useless than they already are.

I'll definitely be maxing out my Scan Pulse and Personal Shield today to see if I get this bug as well.

antonz

Couldn't help but notice how undersized the AT-AT is when it was littered around the map as Debris. Players were basically the same size as the AT-AT head

Ozorov

Agree 100%. The charges on the battlefield should just allow for an immediate refresh of the long cooldown(60-90 seconds) if picked up. Doubtful they'd do it though since it would make credits more useless than they already are.

I'll definitely be maxing out my Scan Pulse and Personal Shield today to see if I get this bug as well.

Let us know if it works!

Ozorov

Clearly that AT-AT hadn't reached adulthood.

They all start out like dis.

Q7m9DDB.jpg

It's probably just a version of Jakku for smaller game modes.
Yo know that is not how maps work right? While some assets are re used (like every other game) the environment is a template. It's like saying all maps with city landscapes in battlefield or cod are actually smaller or bigger versions of the same maps.
As far as I saw, all the big maps are going to have turning point? But maybe I misunderstood. I hope I didn't :p

heringer

Yo know that is not how maps work right? While some assets are re used (like every other game) the environment is a template. It's like saying all maps with city landscapes in battlefield or cod are actually smaller or bigger versions of the same maps.

Yes, I know that. Wasn't implying that it isn't considered as a map, just that it's in the same environment, in case someone was expecting a different planet or something.

Are you sure you don't just have more than what their counter goes to and it just pulls more from your total and refills the counter?

Nope. I bought 3 batches of 25 on top of the 25 I had at that moment.
I also played at least 6 matches of walker assault tonight and used a lot of charges, yet every time I respawn, I have 99 charges on the card.

jackdoe

Just played an absolute shitshow of a match where the completely broken spawning system spawned dozens of rebels right next to an active AT-ST. I spawned there three times in a row. Cannot believe this got into the final product. Hopefully the patch tomorrow addresses this.

All-the-time-Scan-pulse would be pretty op :]

It still has a cooldown, and is limited in range, but yes, it's still one of the best upgrades, and absolutely an advantage when you use it all the time (Endor esp.)

Thing is, someone with good reflexes will still win in a straight firefight, even if you get a slight jump on them, if they've got Explosive Shot active. It's just not even a contest. One 5-round burst of explosive from an SE-14c is enough to kill someone. Or a burst+1 from an EE-3. Or like 4-5 shots from a RT-97c. And on a lot of maps, knowing where a few nearby enemies are is not that helpful, because it's rarely a straight 1-on-1 duel in the bigger modes.

prag16

Banned
So, I preordered via origin and I never got any info/key/email/anything regarding Jakku. Should I have by now??

dk_

So do you guys think the unlockable alien rebel skins at level 40 have a bigger head hitzone? Did someone try it out?

JimiNutz

Banned
Fighter Squadron is completely broken and it's a real shame.
Imperials are literally completely helpless against decent A Wing players. You're at such a huge disadvantage that it becomes a game of damage limitation when Imperial.

People are starting to quit when Imperial too. They need to patch this before it becomes unplayable. People will just quit every time they are on the Imperial side...

jay6784

Nope. I bought 3 batches of 25 on top of the 25 I had at that moment.
I also played at least 6 matches of walker assault tonight and used a lot of charges, yet every time I respawn, I have 99 charges on the card.

Same thing happened to me a few days ago, and yesterday it started working correctly again for whatever reason. I stocked back up to 99 charges today and it's resetting on every re-spawn yet again. Yeah, I'm terrible. I'm just spamming it constantly. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom