• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Just played an absolute shitshow of a match where the completely broken spawning system spawned dozens of rebels right next to an active AT-ST. I spawned there three times in a row. Cannot believe this got into the final product. Hopefully the patch tomorrow addresses this.

I must be the only person who doesn't give a damn about the spawns. I just shrug and spawn 1 second later and keep trucking.

Also kudos to any AT-ST driver who doesn't explode in 5 seconds, those things are made of paper.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
woo hit 50 and unlocked shadow trooper and quarren now i can finally spend my credits on charges

66 hours and 42 minutes it took of play time oi

I haven't bothered with the middle card unlock because I am confused about how it works? Like if I don't find a coupon on the map then I don't have ability. So then I'd never be able to use it anyway? Or do you get one a match even if you don't pick up or something lol

I haven't bothered with the middle card unlock because I am confused about how it works? Like if I don't find a coupon on the map then I don't have ability. So then I'd never be able to use it anyway? Or do you get one a match even if you don't pick up or something lol

Nope, it works just like the other cards except you have "charges" which is how many times you can use it. When you find those lightning icons around the map, those give you more charges for it.

I must be the only person who doesn't give a damn about the spawns. I just shrug and spawn 1 second later and keep trucking.

Also kudos to any AT-ST driver who doesn't explode in 5 seconds, those things are made of paper.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it literally led to us not losing due to having the equivalent of stunlocking going on.

Splashed out 7k on bodyguard tonight after owning everyone on fighter squadron! I'm thinking that trait will suit my paying style (rubbish at everything other than FS)

Up to level 24 now. Pleasing. Should get my DL-44 just in time for them to downgrade it :)

jackdoe

I didn't give too much thought to the spawns until I spawned right in front of an AT-ST and enemies four times in a row. When things are that big of a shit show, then it makes an impression.

jackdoe

I'd also like to know this. I'm enjoying the game, but there are so many big issues that I've recommended against purchasing the game for a quite a few people.
The way the game is played now, newbies would get decimated by everyone using jetpacks, barrage, explosive shot, and the SE-14C. At least with CoD, you stand somewhat of a chance with pre-made classes.

vypek

None of these blasters feel comfortable to me. In the beta they all felt a lot better to me but I can't get used to them the same way

MDave

I have a love hate relationship with this game. But I keep coming back to it so thats a good thing!

SE-14C has been working great for me in Blast compared to other guns (haven't unlocked all of them yet, including the DL-44). But yeah, long range situations I have to use grenades to draw them out and closer to me, or try and flank the sides when I try to get to them. The most common way of me dying is to DL-44 players, but its pretty even as long as they miss the first shot which is roughly 50% of the time.

I finally figured out the differences between the two TIE's, the regular TIE Fighter has much tighter turning and agility then the intercepter, but I think the intercepter can take a bit more punishment, or stronger lasers. The Imperials have a better locking system from range it seems too, compared to the rebel ships? At least it seems like it to me.

PrankT

The way the game is played now, newbies would get decimated by everyone using jetpacks, barrage, explosive shot, and the SE-14C. At least with CoD, you stand somewhat of a chance with pre-made classes.
It's true you unlock some neat stuff as you play, but most of the skill/score differential will be people who have played the game a lot versus people who haven't. I think that's the same for any game.

moai

Its impossible to find supremacy games on x1 brazilian servers. I should have gone with the ps4 version but that cheap colombian xbox store was to good to pass. Im regreting this decision, this game is going to die very quickly on smaller markets.
I hate this generation ip server locking and the elimination of server selection.

Feels like there is no skill based matchmaking. I'm frequently thrown up against people with way more stuff than I am who are clearly better. Makes improving very frustrating

jackdoe

It's true you unlock some neat stuff as you play, but most of the skill/score differential will be people who have played the game a lot versus people who haven't. I think that's the same for any game.
They lock some essential skills behind levels, like the jetpack and thermal detonators. Other shooters with rank unlocks at least give everyone the same mobility options and give them some kind of grenade to start off with. However, when you start off fresh in this game, you're slower than everybody else and you have nothing to clear rooms. You're very likely to get a K/D ratio of 2 in 20 and spend more time dying than learning how to play.

B-Dex

The "Top Player" in this supremacy match was an AT-ST spawn camper. Literally non-stop STs. They need to randomize vehicle tokens. I quit since it was a joke.

Finally got the Platinum on this thing. Seriously fuck the 25 tramples. That will be the barrier for 99.9% of people trying to do this thing. If you are going for it the only piece of advice I have is just run forward and don't stop running till you hit their spawn point. If you die instantly because the team knows what they are doing, keep looking for a game where they don't. Notice someone else camping the AT-ST spawns? Find another game.

This is not a trophy you can get randomly, maybe if it was just one trample. It will only get harder the more and more experienced people get. Now to actually enjoy the game from here on out!

For people that preordered on PSN and want to make sure you are getting the Jakku DLC tomorrow, goto PSN Account Management>Account Info>Services List>Star Wars Battlefront and you will see Pre-order incentive on there.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Finally got the Platinum on this thing. Seriously fuck the 25 tramples. That will be the barrier for 99.9% of people trying to do this thing. If you are going for it the only piece of advice I have is just run forward and don't stop running till you hit their spawn point. If you die instantly because the team knows what they are doing, keep looking for a game where they don't. Notice someone else camping the AT-ST spawns? Find another game.

This is not a trophy you can get randomly, maybe if it was just one trample. It will only get harder the more and more experienced people get. Now to actually enjoy the game from here on out!
You got the Platinum Trophy? That's impressive. How many hours did it took you?

Any tips on how to get the master trophy without dying? And the bugged blast Trophy? I suppose the Cycler trophy and the droid run trophy also took you a while?

And yeah the trample trophy is a pain in the ass. It also doesn't help that you can see literally nowhere how many you have already trampled.

JimiNutz

Banned
For people that preordered on PSN and want to make sure you are getting the Jakku DLC tomorrow, goto PSN Account Management>Account Info>Services List>Star Wars Battlefront and you will see Pre-order incentive on there.

Any idea how I get it if I preordered on Xbox?

You got the Platinum Trophy? That's impressive. How many hours did it took you?

Any tips on how to get the master trophy without dying? And the bugged blast Trophy? I suppose the Cycler trophy and the droid run trophy also took you a while?

And yeah the trample trophy is a pain in the ass. It also doesn't help that you can see literally nowhere how many you have already trampled.

~44 hours when the Platinum Trophy popped.

Master Trophy without dying is a breeze on the Hoth Survival map. Right where you spawn you turn around and run directly back and there is a room with only one entrance that points towards the front of the hangar. You stay in this room and when the first Drop Pod comes leave 1 enemy up and run to it and continue to switch powerups till you get a Blaster Cannon. If you are decent, you can wait till the next Drop Pod, if you got unlucky not getting a Blaster Cannon on the first. If not just restart the wave till you get a Blaster Cannon on the first Pod. Then just put it in the room and the mode becomes a shooting gallery. You are practically invincible on the Blaster Cannon. Kill AT-ST's as well by shooting their legs while on the Blaster Cannon.

As for the bugged Blast Trophy. Just play Blast late at night and keep selecting maps(square on PS4) until you find one with ~10 players. After that it just becomes up to your skill to be at the top when the clock runs out.

I completed the Cycler Rifle and the Blast Trophy in the same match. It is pretty easy when you are just focusing 100% on Cycler Rifle kills. It is even easier in Droid Run mode. You cap a droid and then wait for someone to come along and as he is activating the droid he needs to be completely still and that is when you pop him.

The most time intensive one was the Hero Hunt win(completely random) that I lucked out by being in a lobby that started with only 2 other people one of them being AFK. I got the Hero first and was up to about ~20 kills before I died the first time, after that there was like 2-3 mins left guaranteeing me the win. And of course the 25 tramples was just a huge pain the ass because so many things have to line up to even get a chance at a trample. You have to be playing a mode with AT-ST's, you have to be on the Imperial side, you have to beat others to the AT-ST power up, you have to play against an incompetent team that allows you to literally stomp on them before they can kill you with x-wings/a-wings/smartrocket/ion torpedo/thermal imploder, you have to hope as you go for the trample teammates behind you don't kill them before you do. Horrible, horrible trophy.

Kingsora

If i do that it only says Star Wars battlefront early acces. Is that referring to Jakku??

Kingsora

~44 hours when the Platinum Trophy popped.

Master Trophy without dying is a breeze on the Hoth Survival map. Right where you spawn you turn around and run directly back and there is a room with only one entrance that points towards the front of the hangar. You stay in this room and when the first Drop Pod comes leave 1 enemy up and run to it and continue to switch powerups till you get a Blaster Cannon. If you are decent, you can wait till the next Drop Pod, if you got unlucky not getting a Blaster Cannon on the first. If not just restart the wave till you get a Blaster Cannon on the first Pod. Then just put it in the room and the mode becomes a shooting gallery. You are practically invincible on the Blaster Cannon. Kill AT-ST's as well by shooting their legs while on the Blaster Cannon.

As for the bugged Blast Trophy. Just play Blast late at night and keep selecting maps(square on PS4) until you find one with ~10 players. After that it just becomes up to your skill to be at the top when the clock runs out.

I completed the Cycler Rifle and the Blast Trophy in the same match. It is pretty easy when you are just focusing 100% on Cycler Rifle kills. It is even easier in Droid Run mode. You cap a droid and then wait for someone to come along and as he is activating the droid he needs to be completely still and that is when you pop him.

The most time intensive one was the Hero Hunt win(completely random) that I lucked out by being in a lobby that started with only 2 other people one of them being AFK. I got the Hero first and was up to about ~20 kills before I died the first time, after that there was like 2-3 mins left guaranteeing me the win. And of course the 25 tramples was just a huge pain the ass because so many things have to line up to even get a chance at a trample. You have to be playing a mode with AT-ST's, you have to be on the Imperial side, you have to beat others to the AT-ST power up, you have to play against an incompetent team that allows you to literally stomp on them before they can kill you with x-wings/a-wings/smartrocket/ion torpedo/thermal imploder, you have to hope as you go for the trample teammates behind you don't kill them before you do. Horrible, horrible trophy.
Ok thanks for the tips.

So if I understand it correctly. The Blast trophy only pops up when you are first and have the most kills in the server when the timer runs out? If counter reaches 100 and your first it never pops up?

Well that will explain a lot because I just played it about ten times and seven times I was first, but I got nothing...

Also not looking forward to getting the AT-ST trophy after your experience. Also getting al the stars in the game just sounds incredibly time consuming

Ok thanks for the tips.

So if I understand it correctly. The Blast trophy only pops up when you are first and have the most kills in the server when the timer runs out? If counter reaches 100 and your first it never pops up?

Well that will explain a lot because I just played it about ten times and seven times I was first, but I got nothing...

Also not looking forward to getting the AT-ST trophy after your experience. Also getting al the stars in the game just sounds incredibly time consuming

Correct it is just bugged at the moment. I would be incredibly surprised if it isn't fixed in the first patch which should come tomorrow.

Pastry

Banned
Vehicle pickups negatively impact balance more than anything. If you're swarmed it's basically impossible to get to the tokens and help your team out.

mileS

Haven't played a game from DICE in a long time before this. Not familiar with the way they balance things and what to expect from patches (and how often/quick to react to things) So this is all new to me. I predict we get some spawning issues changed. Changed not completely 'fixed'. People in these types of games will always complain about spawns even if they make them better. I just can't see them getting it right without more time now. So I welcome any changes (for the better) but I'm already preparing myself to not expect a miracle anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom