• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster either here or in another thread pointed out that DICE does patches in big patches... So it is coming... just going to take a bit longer.

Yeah, DICE is notoriously slow on balance patches. And, just so you know, they're also known for overcorrecting. There will probably be a new OP gun next patch :p

prag16

Banned
Anyone know if the DLC goes up at midnight (eastern US)? Does Europe already have it? Or is it some arbitrary time tomorrow? (PC here)

EDIT: Just opened Origin to look... says it unlocks at 8am eastern time tomorrow. Boo.

This game has some of the most spectacular "moments" ive ever encountered in video gaming, on a daily basis.

So many instances where you are running along and you see an X wing taking on a tie fighter overhead, only to see them come crashing down in front of you and watching buildings crumble. Walking into a cave only to hear the familiar sound of the thermal imploder, then seeing bodies come flying out.

i love all the little mini battles going on across maps and then seeing the fighters battling overhead.

This game is just pure popcorn fun - i honestly dont care so much about depth or whatever - its one of the few shooters ill keep playing as i can actually perform ok in it as it seems to appeal to the casual fan base.

I still think its one of the best sounding games ive ever heard.

MADGAME

This game has some of the most spectacular "moments" ive ever encountered in video gaming, on a daily basis.

So many instances where you are running along and you see an X wing taking on a tie fighter overhead, only to see them come crashing down in front of you and watching buildings crumble. Walking into a cave only to hear the familiar sound of the thermal imploder, then seeing bodies come flying out.

i love all the little mini battles going on across maps and then seeing the fighters battling overhead.

This game is just pure popcorn fun - i honestly dont care so much about depth or whatever - its one of the few shooters ill keep playing as i can actually perform ok in it as it seems to appeal to the casual fan base.

Fully agree with all of that

It's so weird. When I first started playing this game I was constantly on top of the leaderboards. Now I'll be lucky to go 1.5 KDR in a game. I think I've started to play way too conservatively, with the crazy amounts of sniper rifles and homing missiles out in the open.

It's so weird. When I first started playing this game I was constantly on top of the leaderboards. Now I'll be lucky to go 1.5 KDR in a game. I think I've started to play way too conservatively, with the crazy amounts of sniper rifles and homing missiles out in the open.

What gun are you using?

I noticed that I was lacking when everyone started using the DL-44 and I stuck with a blaster. Now that I roll DL-44... Things are on the up again.

I just got the game today, any tips on what weapons are best? I like single shot weapons that are versatile in long-medium range. The gunplay is pretty shallow and easy to pick up, so I'm good there. Just wondering what's the most popular loadout.

What gun are you using?

I noticed that I was lacking when everyone started using the DL-44 and I stuck with a blaster. Now that I roll DL-44... Things are on the up again.

I usually switch it up between the E-11 (the burst fire weapon, I think?), RC-something (the heavy blaster), and the T-21. Recently I've been using the heavy blaster more so than the others. Just feels a bit better to me.

I unlocked the T-21B right before putting the game away for the night. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow, though.

Also, does anyone know how shooting down Y-Wings works? Do they have to be destroyed before they release their bombs? Half the time my Ion Torpedos fly right past them before boomeranging back.

Lulu23

Second hand is still fucking broken. This is getting really stupid DICE.

You sure? I thought so at first but then I figured out even though you can customize an unlimited (?) amount of hands, you can always only bring two hands to a game and only swap them out between rounds.

I think this is incredibly stupid because I can't react to the enemy's playstyle by switching cards, but I think it works just as DICE intended (at least for me, haven't had a single bug).

Sayers

You sure? I thought so at first but then I figured out even though you can customize an unlimited (?) amount of hands, you can always only bring two hands to a game and only swap them out between rounds.

I think this is incredibly stupid because I can't react to the enemy's playstyle by switching cards, but I think it works just as DICE intended (at least for me, haven't had a single bug).

I've tried a hundred different ways to make my second hand but as soon as I enter a match my second hand is always empty.

I just got the game today, any tips on what weapons are best? I like single shot weapons that are versatile in long-medium range. The gunplay is pretty shallow and easy to pick up, so I'm good there. Just wondering what's the most popular loadout.

DL-44(final unlock) is close quarters king even though the SE-14C is a good rival. E-11(default empire, have to buy it to use on rebel) is generally a great all purpose gun. Barrage is the go to explosive atm, impact grenade is also a great choice if you are very aggressive. Jump pack is a no brainer if you are looking for mobility. Scan pulse is the star card of choice(especially on Endor maps) for most unless you are Hero hunting then it is explosive shot with a rapid fire weapon. Ion Torpedo if you are on Rebel and playing Assault Walker/Supremacy, gotta kill those AT-ST's and they also work on the powerup droids that players drop. Scout trait card is king on the smaller modes, bigger modes the bodyguard one is pretty good.

If your aim sucks and want guaranteed kills use homing shot. A lot of people are still oblivious to it. If you get a lock on you while in an open area with no cover and you have a jump pack listen to the sound of the homing shot and just as it is about to get to you, jump pack and it'll miss or just get a glancing shot which won't kill. Only direct impacts kill you.

Other than that learn to lead shots and have fun!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Absolutely agree. The immersion factor is top notch. I thought this would be sporadically played as well along with other games, yet I am so engrossed and I keep coming back for more, that I have yet to even open the other games.

Shenmue

Banned
Hmmm so many not enough content remarks and yet it says only 4 percent of people have gotten the trophy for playing each mode at least once.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
i bought the insanely expensive 150 euros edition on PSN three days before release. if I don't have jakku today I am going to be really mad...

That is still a pre-order, you should have it. You can check under "services" in your account setting, and it should be listed there.

I pre-ordered mine 1.5 days before release and I got it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DL-44(final unlock) is close quarters king even though the SE-14C is a good rival. E-11(default empire, have to buy it to use on rebel) is generally a great all purpose gun. Barrage is the go to explosive atm, impact grenade is also a great choice if you are very aggressive. Jump pack is a no brainer if you are looking for mobility. Scan pulse is the star card of choice(especially on Endor maps) for most unless you are Hero hunting then it is explosive shot with a rapid fire weapon. Ion Torpedo if you are on Rebel and playing Assault Walker/Supremacy, gotta kill those AT-ST's and they also work on the powerup droids that players drop. Scout trait card is king on the smaller modes, bigger modes the bodyguard one is pretty good.

If your aim sucks and want guaranteed kills use homing shot. A lot of people are still oblivious to it. If you get a lock on you while in an open area with no cover and you have a jump pack listen to the sound of the homing shot and just as it is about to get to you, jump pack and it'll miss or just get a glancing shot which won't kill. Only direct impacts kill you.

Other than that learn to lead shots and have fun!

I have two hands depending on the map. Both have scan pulse. For open maps I have either impact grenade or barrage + jump pack for mobility. For more closed in maps like the ice caves, where the jump pack is less usable, I go barrage + impact grenade

Still haven't figured out guns yet. I like the classic blasters even though they perhaps aren't as good as some others. They just sound good :)

Can someone tell me please what's this Battle of Jakku dlc all about? Is it a new map or planet? Does it have on;ly walker assault or all the other game modes? Thanks

Ozorov

Can someone tell me please what's this Battle of Jakku dlc all about? Is it a new map or planet? Does it have on;ly walker assault or all the other game modes? Thanks

One new planet, two new maps; One for the bigger modes and one for the smaller modes. It also contains a new mode called Turning point, which is 20vs20 without heroes and the only vehicles is AT-STs and T-47. So 10 modes total for Jakku.

Two new maps; One for the bigger modes and one for the smaller modes. It also contains a new mode called Turning point, which is 20vs20 without heroes and the only vehicles is AT-STs and T-47. So 10 modes total for Jakku.

Ok thanks, I was wondering if I should get the season pass.

jeemer

Does anyone on pc feel like the DL-44 is broken? I'm seeing a ton of complaints about it here, but I see a very small percentage of people actually using it and doing well on pc. I'm wondering if this is more of a console based thing, because I heard the aim assist is almost "snap-to" on consoles.

No, its A-Tee A-Tee, always has been, because what the fuck do you call an AT-ST, "moron"?

I dunno if this is a UK thing (I didn't watch the stream) but everyone I knew growing up always called AT-ATs "at ats" and just called AT-STs "scout walkers".

Any consensus on which trait is better, health regen or damage reduction?

Some people are using the explosion damage reduction one, but I think the majority of people are using scout or bounty hunter. Not heard of anyone bothering with the health regen one.

The answer was already posted. EVERYONE has the SAME hit box.

Oh sweet! Maybe I will unlock the duros then :)

I must be the only person who doesn't give a damn about the spawns. I just shrug and spawn 1 second later and keep trucking

I logged about 30 hours in the beta and I think I'm on about 60 hours in the full game. I feel like I've had a truly unfair spawn a handful of times, I really don't get all the complaints on that. Maybe it's just less noticeable after spawning on a ton of quad bikes in battlefield only to get instantly shot in the face by a tank.

Ozorov

Question: If you paid for season pass, do you get Battle of Jakku tomorrow or do you still have to wait a week?

I don't think Battle of Jakku has anything to do with the season pass. So if you didn't pre-order the game I would assume you will not get it today.

Really? So it can end in a draw? Are you switching sides after one round?

Do you have some patch-notes?

Oh I haven't downloaded anything yet, this was SW reddit who posted the finding.

They'll probably post the patch notes before DICE do, if Battlefield is anything to go by, lol.

Ragona

So im planning on picking this up before christmas.
I initially intended to get it for PC, because thats where i used to play all the Battlefield games before, but hearing about the low player numbers is a bit worrying.
So which version to get? PC or PS4?

Ferrio

Banned
So im planning on picking this up before christmas.
I initially intended to get it for PC, because thats where i used to play all the Battlefield games before, but hearing about the low player numbers is a bit worrying.
So which version to get? Pc or Ps4?

Think it mainly comes down to region, I've had no issue on PC in the US but I don't think other regions are doing as well.

Vanmunt

Banned

My feeling exactly, with headphones on this game draws me into the Star Wars nerd feeling like no other.

FeD.nL

Just played a few games.

• There is a startup timer beyond the 30 seconds. I had to wait while everyone was loading into the map.
  • You now play both attack and defend in Walker Assault
  • What seemed like a fully charged pulse rifle brought me down to 45 hp,
  • Seems they have done something with the spawns, as a Rebel on Hoth I now was never spawning right near the left m-com on the first section. I did spawn as Han right into an Orbital Strike (FML).
  • There seems to be a delay on the barrage card. Enough time to get out, since the delay triggers when they are on the ground. No more easy kills.
Have to play some more but these were the things that I noticed. The AT-AT's still melt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom