• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that still haven't fixed the Blast trophy?

sKTpf36.jpg

qv4J7PY.jpg

I think I must have earned that trophy without getting it at least 5-6 times. Finally got lucky the other day where I got in a lobby that was almost empty so I had most kills and the match ended by time out.

Sadly that seems to be the only way to get it for many people.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
IIRC you were one of the 'haters' right?

How did you end up liking the game?

You recalled right.

Here are my reasons for somehow buying and sticking out this long.

1. Visuals and atmosphere. Say whatever you will but this is the definitive audiovisual Star Wars game I've ever experienced. Especially with 5.1 surround sound, it's hard to put this shit down. It consistently feels like you're in the thick of it.

2. People say the gameplay is relatively shallow and to an extent they're right, but it's not the throwaway, left-to-die sort of shallow I thought it would be. It's pretty much just good simple fun with a DICE touch (for better or worse lol). Having stressed the hell out with more complicated, loot based MP games, I welcomed this. It's really casual and relaxing for me after a hard day's work.

3. With TFA, my love for SW has been reinvigorated way more than I thought it would be. So that really helped it not be tiring.

That said, now that I maxed out and after 5 weeks of playing, I think I'm done for now. I'll wait for the DLC, though I'll go a la carte instead of a Season Pass.

GeeTeeCee

Today I had the most kills in a game of Blast for the first time, having played since launch. I'll probably never achieve this again.

No trophy.

This hurts me.

In better news, I'm up to level 45. Hopefully 50 isn't far off now.

Alucrid

Banned
i fucking finally got playing the objective. jesus. a guy on my team had more kills than me with 1.5 minutes left, then he left the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody else on PC get weird stuttering and frame drops when flying into the canyon on the tattooine map in fighter squadron? Everything else in the game runs like butter.

Palpable

During the beta, the sound design stood out to me. If you can connect nice headphones and listen that way, do it. Sounds amazing. They are good at their job.

Is it just me, or is it hard to find fully populated games on the PC version?

PC pop is somewhat small compared to consoles. It peaks for around 10k a day, which isn't bad by any means. I can find WA and Supremacy anytime of the day fairly quickly. However, for other modes I generally only play those during primetime to get games, if not I'll be waiting a while to find a game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What game modes do u guys play?
I don't understand any of the modes objective. It's just chaos

Mostly Drop Zone, Fighter Squadron, Cargo, Walker Assault, Turning Point, Heroes vs. Villains.

I need to play more Supremacy. And noticing a lot on here play multiple modes. There were a lot of naysayers early on saying people would only play one or two modes. I find myself enjoying more than a handful.

That reminds me, can't wait for Turning Point on all maps this month.

Same! Interested in the layouts, and what they added to the ground for cover, etc.

DeviantBoi

Bought it yesterday for the PS4.

Downloaded the Battle of Jakku expansion.

When I try to use it in the Multiplayer section, it tells me that I don't have access to it and that I should download it.

Any help?

Make sure +Battle for Jakku is highlighted above the game modes. Stupid, I know.

I play Supremacy 90% of the time, the other 10% is Drop Zone and Turning Point. Though when Turning Point comes to all maps it'll probably be 50% Supremacy, 40% Turning Point, and 10% Drop Zone.

PrankT

Bought it yesterday for the PS4.

Downloaded the Battle of Jakku expansion.

When I try to use it in the Multiplayer section, it tells me that I don't have access to it and that I should download it.

Any help?
Probably need to install what you downloaded now.

PrankT

I mainly play Supremacy, Drop Zone, and Walker Assault. Used to play a lot of Droid Run, but have slowed down on it. Fighter Squadron is one of my least favorite because it feels so random. I can get a bunch of kills one match and then blow up instantly in others...though I'm probably just a bad pilot. I also don't like Blast or Hero Hunt.

lawnchair

Banned
blast, supremacy, drop zone, fighter squadron in that order. i've played like .. 14 matches of walker assault? maybe i should give WA some more time but it often just doesn't seem fair to me. whenever i'm imperial i lose.

Heroes vs Villains is my favorite mode, makes me feel more immersed in the movies with all the characters from the movie in them, all pretty fun to play as too.

Xzan

Its hard to tell from the official career stats but I think I my most played modes are along the lines of 75% Walker Assault, 20% Supremacy, then the remaining 5% is a sprinkling of most of the rest. I haven't touched Blast yet because I haven't been into DM since the Q3/UT2K3 days, and people seem to grumble about hero hunt, so I haven't bothered with it either. With a background in Quakeworld TF and Tribes, I love CTF but I haven't even thought about Cargo yet.

Honestly, I've been sticking to the big modes almost exclusively and only started playing some HvV when partied with my cousin.

I don't like Fighter Squadron much, mostly because I think ping is a big factor with the fast moving fighters even with the soft-lock and I'm never going to go below 70ms - 80ms to Aussie servers, let alone wherever matching making may send me in Automatic mode.

patchday

need to figure out what I need to fly. in walker assault if I grab ship I get taken out in like 15s

Maybe I need to find an A-wing :)

Is it just me or has the Homing Shot effectively vanished from the game?

It is. It had to be nerfed, but it got nerfed so much it's basically useless now. I enjoyed using it as a counter measure on players using the personal shield in dropzone and droidrun. But now I'm using the cycler for that, which is actually even more fun post-patch.

teeny

Does anyone know if the 'Playing The Objective' trophy glitch has been patched? (The one for getting the most kills in Blast but only pops if the timer runs out.)

Playing on the PS4, I am ok these days. But there are 2 things I need advice on:

1. I want to get a lot better at aiming. Using third person, I can do good, even top sometimes. But many times I go one on one against someone at mid range and I keep shooting all over the place, the floor, the wall, his legs instead of simply aiming for the head or torso. Not that I'm not trying but I just fail. My aiming is way better than it was in the beginning, but it's been stagnant and not improving. What's the best way to practice or learn to get better? How did you do it?

2. Flying in large modes. I actually have a distaste for bigger modes because of more random deaths but this is one aspect I really like. I'm good at Fighter Squadron so I am competent against air enemies. What I want to do a lot better is be a nuissance to the ground troops. I fly around sometimes from the top down, sometimes zipping left and right shooting in the general direction feel the enemies to be (usually around control points). But in 15 or so matches I focused on flying I killed MAYBE 1-2 people on the ground per match if at all and in all the matches I only took out 1 AT-ST. How do I get better at detecting ground enemies so I can be more effective?

Man i hope they nerf/change the pulse cannon with the next patch... that thing is just cancer..

Yesterday a round on Jakku where almost the entire enemy team used the pulse cannon.. it really got on my nerves..

Xzan

Playing on the PS4, I am ok these days. But there are 2 things I need advice on:

1. I want to get a lot better at aiming. Using third person, I can do good, even top sometimes. But many times I go one on one against someone at mid range and I keep shooting all over the place, the floor, the wall, his legs instead of simply aiming for the head or torso. Not that I'm not trying but I just fail. My aiming is way better than it was in the beginning, but it's been stagnant and not improving. What's the best way to practice or learn to get better? How did you do it?

2. Flying in large modes. I actually have a distaste for bigger modes because of more random deaths but this is one aspect I really like. I'm good at Fighter Squadron so I am competent against air enemies. What I want to do a lot better is be a nuissance to the ground troops. I fly around sometimes from the top down, sometimes zipping left and right shooting in the general direction feel the enemies to be (usually around control points). But in 15 or so matches I focused on flying I killed MAYBE 1-2 people on the ground per match if at all and in all the matches I only took out 1 AT-ST. How do I get better at detecting ground enemies so I can be more effective?

It may sound obvious if you're already doing it, but use the left stick and strafe for finer aiming at those ranges. Its easy to over correct using the right stick.

This video isn't bad in covering most of the more obvious basics if your aiming in shooters needs work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cXOdZ15kcI

Beyond that its really practice and muscle memory (and latency).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom