• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

sde0psZ.jpg

I think this is my first Wall of Shame.

Edit: And I'm not even lvl 50 yet :p

How long does these things take?

I mean... the january-patch was in cert before christmas

Patch certs really dont take much time anymore like others are claiming.

Sure it the cert fails it will take longer. But from what i know its mostly 1 or 2 weeks.

So yeah i expect the February patch at least in the mid of the month.

When it has going through cert, can it be uploaded immediately then?

Sometimes or really often they set the release some days after the cert.

MADGAME

So realistically, how badly do you think the season pass with fracture the community? It should be popular enough to always find games on the paid maps as long as they are good, right?

So realistically, how badly do you think the season pass with fracture the community? It should be popular enough to always find games on the paid maps as long as they are good, right?

I think it'll be the best selling DICE season pass at least. So in that way, more people will have the DLC.

But still, more people overall won't have the season pass, and thus a pretty big fracture.

Hopefully the outcry, pressure from H5,GW2, Siege etc will force their hands come BF5 onwards.

MADGAME

Sound logical to me. Even without knowing the details, I feel I will have so much fun with season pass content, as long as their is a population playing. Still not buying until details drop on the first pack though.

I think it'll be the best selling DICE season pass at least. So in that way, more people will have the DLC.

But still, more people overall won't have the season pass, and thus a pretty big fracture.

Hopefully the outcry, pressure from H5,GW2, Siege etc will force their hands come BF5 onwards.

H5 isnt really a good example.. Most of their Updates are just finishing the game.
I dont want my future Battlefront and Battlefield games infested with shitty RNG packs that cost money.

And so far this free updates for all this games dont bring the amount of content you get out of a single dlc pack for Battlefield etc.

I still rather have paid quality DLC than this lackluster free stuff.

Sure the only downside is that community split. But if people want the newest shit, buy the pass.

I got the Battlefront Season Pass a bit cheaper for XboxOne. So im happy.

H5 isnt really a good example.. Most of their Update are just finishing the game.
I dont want my future Battlefront and Battlefield games infested with shitty RNG packs that cost money.

And so far this free updates for all this games dont bring the amount of content you get out of a single dlc pack for Battlefield etc.

I still rather have paid quality DLC than this lackluster free stuff.

Sure the only downside is that community split. But if people want the newest shit, buy the pass.

I got the Battlefront Season Pass a bit cheaper for XboxOne. So im happy.

One of the best things about the Xbox one is just switching regions to get cheaper price, saved so much money.

MADGAME

So obviously the discount is if you buy the pass, but do you think it's possible that one or more of the packs could be a turd? What is Dice's track record with season pass content? If I were to gamble on any game it would be this one not only because I'm a fan of Star Wars, but also having so much fun with the game.

So obviously the discount is if you buy the pass, but do you think it's possible that one or more of the packs could be a turd? What is Dice's track record with season pass content? If I were to gamble on any game it would be this one not only because I'm a fan of Star Wars, but also having so much fun with the game.

Each content pack in BF contained 4 maps, 1 game mode centered around a theme, 6-10 weapons/gadgets, new assignments/challenges and a host of customisation options.

So content wise, you'll get your moneys worth. But how much fun you will have depends on you. I haven't seen a dud from them yet personally.

MADGAME

Each content pack in BF contained 4 maps, 1 game mode centered around a theme, 6-10 weapons/gadgets, new assignments/challenges and a host of customisation options.

So content wise, you'll get your moneys worth. But how much fun you will have depends on you. I haven't seen a dud from them yet personally.

Thanks, I ask because when the game launched and the thread was still in gaming, many would bash because how few maps were in the game compared to another Dice game, don't remember which one. The counter I constantly read from those defending this game was that people only played a few maps from the other game, so even though there were many maps several were not good. Just wondering if GAF thinks bad maps in the packs could potentially happen here.

lawnchair

Banned
i'm a little torn on getting the season pass .. i can see myself hitting 50 and then moving on to some other game.

but now that i typed that i realize that i'll probably just puss out and buy it.

VanEpoch

Neo Member
And btw anyone experiencing this partner bug when the game sometimes randomly picks another guy as your partner even when you already joined with a friend as partner? really annoying.

I always play with a partner from my party and this happens maybe 2 outta 3 sessions, it's a big pain.

It wasnt a discount. I simply bought the Pass from a different region ;)

35€ instead of 50€. I got the base game for like 45€. I saved a lot.

DICE DLC Trackrecord? In terms of content that is in one pack. Awesome. The quality of some maps? Arguable. The issue i had with BF4s DLC wasnt the amount. It was mostly the maps that werent really made for other modes besides Conquest (im more of a rush player)
And so far for Battlefront, Dice got back to the Maps made for modes instead of all maps for every mode. So im very confident that the DLC maps will be awesome.

I mean from the Outer Rim DLC we know two maps. Jabbas Palace and Sellust Factory, both sound like maps for small modes. And my guess is the big maps will be Mos Eisley and some kind of place on Sellust for the big modes.

The Death Star Pack could have some kind of Carrier Assault gametype where you have to board a Rebel ship or something.

Thanks, I ask because when the game launched and the thread was still in gaming, many would bash because how few maps were in the game compared to another Dice game, don't remember which one. The counter I constantly read from those defending this game was that people only played a few maps from the other game, so even though there were many maps several were not good. Just wondering if GAF thinks bad maps in the packs could potentially happen here.

Battlefield 4 didnt launch with a lot maps and modes either if we ignore the singleplayer. Sure you could play every map in every mode. But some maps were just awful for some modes.

People praise BF4 for its content, but all that is 2 years of DLC magic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ice Caves is okay, but I don't really like the map flow. It's built around bottlenecks and I don't find that as dynamic and interesting as maps that are more open.

I play a lot of blast and drop zone these days, for two reasons. Mainly because they're the only games I can find consistently (sometimes if I feel like walker assault/supremacy/turning point I just wont find a game), and also because it highlights the funnest portions of the gameplay loop with a lot of the supreme, awful bullshit balance reduced.

I dunno. It's probably in part frustrating trying to find games, but the more I play Walker Assault the shittier it feels. It's cinematic and that's about it.

EDIT: Fighter Squadron also takes up a lot of my time. It's a lot of fun, once you get past the horrendous balance.

Xzan

Luke already has Hoth gear available.

Not a lot of Leia gear outside of RotJ

Han can get his stylish camo trenchcoat on Endor...

EDIT: bleh, that quick edit. Yeah, Luke's ANH tunic would be an interesting choice. Or the Dagobah khaki/grey uniform.

I would really like to see Leia running around in her white dress and bunned-up hair.
And give us stormtrooper Luke and Han in the Deathstar expansion, although that would probably be not very fair ;-)

Xzan

Here's an image of all potential heroes, villains and costume choices all in one place:

JQkxDAV.jpg

Its like my wishlist as a small child in the 80's all in one image. I think I may have collected a third of those at best :(

I did have the Millenium Falcon though. I was the envy of the neighbourhood kids.

EDIT: Damn! Looking at them all and thinking back, I had 31 figures from that collection, possibly a couple more. So many were lost or eaten by pets...

Here's an image of all potential heroes, villains and costume choices all in one place:

JQkxDAV.jpg

Its like my wishlist as a small child in the 80's all in one image. I think I may have collected a third of those at best :(

I did have the Millenium Falcon though. I was the envy of the neighbourhood kids.

EDIT: Damn! Looking at them all and thinking back, I had 31 figures from that collection, possibly a couple more. So many were lost or eaten by pets...

Damn. That brings back memories.
Still have my collection stashed away in the attic. Got probably half of what's in this image and a few of the Power of the Force collection.
Along with al the vehicles I have worth quite a bit, but I just can't part with it.

Xzan

Heh... Number 13: "Squid Head". I wonder when that stopped being canon...

EDIT: Maybe that was his name? Damn space racists!

Xzan

Lando better be a hero

and all his star cards must be related to his cape

or else

Star Card (left): Summon Lobot to hold your cape for you.

Star Card (middle): Summon Lobot and several AI guards to ambush the target area (similar to Orbital Strike but lasts longer, does less damage and the AI guards can be killed)

Star Card (right): Complain loudly that, "It's not my fault!"

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
I bought this game last week and so far its been an absolute blast.
The sound design is amazing.

But has anybody else had a weird bug with the hands and star cards?
I can't seem to save any changes to my 2nd hand, it always reverts back to my default hand.
This problem only appeared today and its driving me up the wall.

I bought this game last week and so far its been an absolute blast.
The sound design is amazing.

But has anybody else had a weird bug with the hands and star cards?
I can't seem to save any changes to my 2nd hand, it always reverts back to my default hand.
This problem only appeared today and its driving me up the wall.

Known glitch with the game, they are working to fix it.

Palpable

I was streaming today and some dude told me he was enjoying the gameplay so he wanted to donate to me, but I don't have a donation button on my page! Drats.

JimiNutz

Banned

Hopefully doesn't fracture the community too much. It's the only season pass I've ever bought (or plan to buy) so hopefully it's worth it!

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/daily-challenge-galore?utm_campaign=swbf_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbf-dailychallenges-292016-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=1060&ts=1455045790555&sf44369772=1

The community stepped up and once again surpassed the goal and completed 4,356,026 Daily Challenges.

As promised, your reward is a 2X Bonus Weekend that is going to kick off on February 12th. The 2X bonus will remain active through Valentine's Day, so make sure to get your special someone a copy of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ and lovingly help them reach level 50.

Stay tuned for your next Community Mission that will kick off on February 16th. Get ready to brush up on your skills with the princess.

:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom