• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Last night I snagged a hero pickup on Endor, while kneeling to use it I was rammed by a Speeder Bike. I didn't die, but when I spawned as the hero I was frozen and could not move, shoot, or take any action. I was beaten gang-initiation style and it was most unpleasant.

lol that sucks

Hey what does the hero icon look like???? I never become the hero

MADGAME

lol that sucks

Hey what does the hero icon look like???? I never become the hero

It looks like this. Heroes are very powerful and you can remain one the rest of the match and deliver merciless punishment if you play smart.

l3l6RvX.jpg

jesu

I just tripped up an AT-AT in my first ever attempt with a Snowpeeder to win the match!!!
I came about 18th overall in the match, but whatever...

5taquitos

I just tripped up an AT-AT in my first ever attempt with a Snowpeeder to win the match!!!

Congrats!

So I've been thinking about speeders and how they can be ridiculously powerful at the end of WA. I feel that speeders should only be able to fire a single tow cable per life. This would prevent someone from wrapping up both walkers back to back, and would also punish speeders that lose the minigame due to enemy fire even more.

I dunno, I think it would help reduce the reliance on speeders to instawin WA matches.

Didn't they fix the Blast achievement? Had the most at 19 kills (and on the winning team) and it didn't pop :(

I didn't have the highest score, so maybe that's the reason?

Edit: Ah, seems nothing really did change there from what I'm seeing elsewhere. Pity.

patchday

Hey guys I take it this game has no Ranked modes? Guess its obvious it doesnt but double checking.

It looks like this. Heroes are very powerful and you can remain one the rest of the match and deliver merciless punishment if you play smart.

l3l6RvX.jpg

oh!!! Thank you so much

Nice!

Does anybody know how many points you get for tripping up AT-ATs? Whatever it is, you should get a lot more.

kendrid

Banned
PS4 question - our time played says 70 hours. That seems insanely high to me. Both my son & I play but 70 seems like a lot (we are lvl 50). Is the game accurate or does putting the PS4 into sleep mode while in MP mess it up?

PrankT

PS4 question - our time played says 70 hours. That seems insanely high to me. Both my son & I play but 70 seems like a lot (we are lvl 50). Is the game accurate or does putting the PS4 into sleep mode while in MP mess it up?
The hours it shows for me seems about right, so you both are battlefront losers like the rest of us.

MADGAME

I wish it weren't such a fierce competition among your team to get pickups. Also, learn to use them, ffs. I can't remember a game where I didn't see an anti-vehicle turret indoors. One more nitpick about it - if you get a weapon pickup and don't like it, don't be the a-hole that immediately runs for the next one, wasting the one you had and preventing others on your team from having a pickup too. There's a strategic use for each, and a waste to get one only to throw it away.

Sorry, had to get that out.

kendrid

Banned
The hours it shows for me seems about right, so you both are battlefront losers like the rest of us.

It is crazy. My son played tonight and I just checked and the time is at 72:33. It was around 70 so that seems accurate. He played from 5-8 and with dinner and breaks between rounds that seems correct.

BF4 came out on October 2013. I have 148h into it and I I thought I played that game a lot. Sure there are two of us playing SW but he only plays one or two nights a week. I've been playing FO4, Until Dawn and other games since Battlefront's release.

FYI: he read your comment and chuckled.

Palpable

Is there stat tracking in private matches?

Also, how exactly will the teams be on the correct side during this tournament? It seems private matches randomize team balance

zedge

Wow.. This game is seriously a pile of shit on PC. 30 min and still can't connect to any supremacy games. 10 min to find a walker assault game and it's a complete one sided shit show. The teams never get scrambled either. Ugh

Palpable

The person who starts the private match can switch players teams from the lobby.

Gotcha. Where would I find the forum for team captains and whatnot? I feel like the start date, bracket release, etc. is all cloudy. Is there a topic to discuss the tournament? Any clan topics on the forums for existing clans?

I'm guilty of doing this but only when I grab blaster cannons. Those are really situational and its usually just easier to dump it wherever in case you can grab something else.

Just hope you don't do that in Walker Assault playing as rebels. They do an insane amount of damage to the walkers.

Well done!

Sooo, post patch the pulse cannon seems like it needs to be nerfed a bit, everyone is using that one now.. And maybe still the DL-44. They still get the drop on me when they have that pistol. But it's certainly less of an issue now than it was before. Also nice that not everyone is using the blasted homing missile anymore.

Anyways, patch has improved things quite a lot. It's a lot more blaster combat now.

Gotcha. Where would I find the forum for team captains and whatnot? I feel like the start date, bracket release, etc. is all cloudy. Is there a topic to discuss the tournament? Any clan topics on the forums for existing clans?
Once they open a forum under The Temple heading for the new ladder they'll include subforums for each clan. I'll bring that up and see if I can get it created faster. I'm not on the competition committee but I'll bring up your questions and try to get answers for them.

Palpable

Yeah I'm doing the same. I guess it will be nice with double credits. I don't have close to 1 mil credits ;)

18,000 away!

Once they open a forum under The Temple heading for the new ladder they'll include subforums for each clan. I'll bring that up and see if I can get it created faster. I'm not on the competition committee but I'll bring up your questions and try to get answers for them.

Thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom