• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
And btw anyone experiencing this partner bug when the game sometimes randomly picks another guy as your partner even when you already joined with a friend as partner? really annoying.

Hope they fix that or maybe overhaul the entire system (give me 3 or 4 people squads :p )

Risgroo

Man i hope they nerf/change the pulse cannon with the next patch... that thing is just cancer..

Yesterday a round on Jakku where almost the entire enemy team used the pulse cannon.. it really got on my nerves..
What could they do to nerf it without making it completely useless? Longer charge time and shorter time at max charge before firing?

MADGAME

Both the Homing Shot and Barrage are useless. I'm all for balancing and fine tuning to not have OP weapons, but all weapons should have some use, even if situational. With the current stats of these 2 cards, Dice might as well remove them from the game.

I occasionally see both still being used.

Laputa_94

And btw anyone experiencing this partner bug when the game sometimes randomly picks another guy as your partner even when you already joined with a friend as partner? really annoying.

Hope they fix that or maybe overhaul the entire system (give me 3 or 4 people squads :p )

Oh yeah multiple times a session sometimes.

Both the Homing Shot and Barrage are useless. I'm all for balancing and fine tuning to not have OP weapons, but all weapons should have some use, even if situational. With the current stats of these 2 cards, Dice might as well remove them from the game.

I still occasionally use barrage. It's actually really good for defending enclosed areas especially tunnels.

I just fire them out to either flush people out or stop them from advancing. The delayed explosion guarantees you will either see someone immediately break cover or get yourself some breathing room to heal up or change cover.

MADGAME

I still occasionally use barrage. It's actually really good for defending enclosed areas especially tunnels.

I just fire them out to either flush people out or stop them from advancing. The delayed explosion guarantees you will either see someone immediately break cover or get yourself some breathing room to heal up or change cover.
I think that's about the best use of Barrage you can get, but that 35 second cooldown time though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Yeah the homing shot is completely pointless now. They should reset it's lock time and speed but require maintaining an active lock with maybe a 1/2 second delock time - no more fire and forget.
Making it useless has also made personal shield OP for the small objective modes.

Yeah the homing shot is completely pointless now. They should reset it's lock time and speed but require maintaining an active lock with maybe a 1/2 second delock time - no more fire and forget.
Making it useless has also made personal shield OP for the small objective modes.

I for one love playing drop zone on the tatooine survival map and having every drop be a 10 min slog where every attempt to take it is screwed by one guy jumping in with personal shield and resetting the counter.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I for one love playing drop zone on the tatooine survival map and having every drop be a 10 min slog where every attempt to take it is screwed by one guy jumping in with personal shield and resetting the counter.

I carry Ion Shot for Drop Zone, and make it a bad day for them. Cycler is also great at headshotting, while they sit there to resetting the timer.

5taquitos

I like when Drop Zone turns into a slog, because then a second pod drops. Two pods down is my favorite part, and I wish it happened more often.

Ozorov

Community challenge: Crushed!

@sledgehammer70: And some of you were worried you wouldn't complete the Community Mission. The community crushed it once again. #WeekendGamers

Ozorov

Well the population of the game does double on the weekends. Still, I don't imagine that we got more than 75% done at most.

Either way, double xp weekend incoming. Good for the non-level-50 players and good for the rest of us to save up some credits.

I assumed this much.

Either way, double XP should get me from 44 to 50 quite nicely.
Complete challenges. It'll boost you up fast. I went from 44 at 39 hours played to 50 at 44 hours played because of doing challenges. I'd complete 2 or 3 challenges in one match of Supremacy. My award score would be 5000 plus (even got 20,000 award score once).

Sayers

I think one of the challenges over the weekend, at least that I got, was "Get an accomplishment". I imagine that helped boost the numbers a bit.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
did you finish it

2dd.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Complete challenges. It'll boost you up fast. I went from 44 at 39 hours played to 50 at 44 hours played because of doing challenges. I'd complete 2 or 3 challenges in one match of Supremacy. My award score would be 5000 plus (even got 20,000 award score once).

Oh yes, the challenges do a lot. I have just been busy the last 2 weeks, and could not really play. I will have free time if it is this weekend, so it well help even more.

Just in time for the first expansion pack when they should add levels I assume.

Hahaha

Has it been talked about how bad the leveling rewards are laid out?

I've been playing casually a few hours a week since launch and I have 2 trophies... and still I JUST unlocked personal shield, and I still can't use a single interesting appearance which are all locked above rank 40.

It's not as if i'm bad at the game, I have a 1.5 k/d (though I am always the one actually pushing for the objective and not just getting kills... don't get me started on people hanging outside any objective to get kills rather than actually win)

Seems like the rank unlocks were as if this is a hardcore shooter which people would clear through quickly... when obviously it's a casual game, and imo it's best played for a few hours here and there.
I feel bad for kids playing the game running around withiut anything cool unlocked.

I'm sure everyone else here has black stormtrooper though :p

Ozorov

Well the population of the game does double on the weekends. Still, I don't imagine that we got more than 75% done at most.

Apparently the 22% was from the first 36 hours of data, not four days. Slegdehammer also said the full data will be released soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom