• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

This is not the link you are looking for...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2526-1367860726-12.gif

Ozorov

Now the link is working but going straight to the old "Road ahead"-site. I guess that's it...

They're correct with that link had the first expansion pack details, just that they're 3 weeks old now. Damn trolls.

Next week should bring us some news right?

New Patch and probably some DLC news. I mean if its coming in march it would be about time to reveal more details.

Ozorov

Twitter said:
Q: Will OuterRim-buyers be able to play with their new stuff(weapons,starcards)on the same server as non-dlc-ppl?

A: yes, all player earned equipment can be used in the whole game.

Always nice to have it confirmed

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Always nice to have it confirmed
That was a given. No way that they would give up their free advertising for the instalock double homing missile star card, or the DL-54 which one shot kills from any range (both will be nerfed, after enough people rage buy the expansion)

Ozorov

That was a given. No way that they would give up their free advertising for the instalock double homing missile star card, or the DL-54 which one shot kills from any range (both will be nerfed, after enough people rage buy the expansion)

I'm looking forward to try out the Orbital Strike/Thermal Imploder-combo-rifle.

I would like to know If we'll be able to play as the new heroes on the same servers as well.

MADGAME

I either want to un-upgrade my shield or be able to cancel it. The upgraded decay time is too long. It is occasionally useful, but for me the majority of usage is a quick pop to cap an objective or get to safety.

Dice pls.

LMAO

The last two CODs really struggled with online splitscreen. It's no surprise that Battlefront can't do it, I'm honestly surprised it can do splitscreen at all. Really shows how much the I've optimized Frostbite for the current gen.

I only played the splitscreen horde mode with my wife. She liked it, but not enough to want to play more.

She also tried Battlefront splitscreen, but hates the way splitscreen is implemented in most games. I remember Uncharted 3 where it basically made two screens with the same aspect ratio as the regular screen but offset to the sides with empty space.

I don't know what it is about this game but every time I return to it I'm having so much fun

I went away for a week and come back to the challenge, rocket league and GW2 on the X1, RIP me, I think I'll take a little rest before going HAM in BF with the DLC.

So is Tuesday looking good for a release date?

Ozorov

I went away for a week and come back to the challenge, rocket league and GW2 on the X1, RIP me, I think I'll take a little rest before going HAM in BF with the DLC.

So is Tuesday looking good for a release date?

I only play it maybe 45 - 90 min each time. Then I do/play something else for a while.

Tuesday is looking pretty good for the patch, dunno about the release date.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I only played the splitscreen horde mode with my wife. She liked it, but not enough to want to play more.

She also tried Battlefront splitscreen, but hates the way splitscreen is implemented in most games. I remember Uncharted 3 where it basically made two screens with the same aspect ratio as the regular screen but offset to the sides with empty space.

That actually seems less distracting when it is offset, and your eyes are not drawn to the other payer's screen. I never played it splitscreen, but I assume that was the case?

lawnchair

Banned
No way that they would give up their free advertising for the instalock double homing missile star card, or the DL-54 which one shot kills from any range (both will be nerfed, after enough people rage buy the expansion)

i seriously got a little angry for a second while reading this

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Nah, they are going to allow a Lightsaber Star Card with a 7 second cooldown.

MADGAME

I wonder if they will end up selling credits via micro-transactions.

Also, last night I was forced out of an AT-ST. It was on WA Sullust, right before Phase 1 ended. I was the first person to pickup the AT-ST when the match started, then the 2-3 times I was able to get it again, I would crouch to use it but would just stand up afterwards and wasn't allowed in.

This has happened to me with airships on Jundland also, minus being forced out of one.

Ozorov

I wonder if they will end up selling credits via micro-transactions.

Also, last night I was forced out of an AT-ST. It was on WA Sullust, right before Phase 1 ended. I was the first person to pickup the AT-ST when the match started, then the 2-3 times I was able to get it again, I would crouch to use it but would just stand up afterwards and wasn't allowed in.

This has happened to me with airships on Jundland also, minus being forced out of one.

I can't imagine that.

Edit: No Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront, Says DICE Dev
Real-world currency "not part of the core design," with credits only accrued by in-game performance.

MADGAME

I guess I was asking because there is clearly a casual playerbase, at least from judging from 90%+ of the end-results screens I see. With most players going in the negative, I doubt it's so easy for many players to accumulate enough credits to purchase all weapons, unlock and upgrade all star cards, purchase the skins, and buy plenty of charges for all their top star cards too.

And I'm referring to just the vanilla content, not including what's to come.

Ozorov

I guess I was asking because there is clearly a casual playerbase, at least from judging from 90%+ of the end-results screens I see. With most players going in the negative, I doubt it's so easy for many players to accumulate enough credits to purchase all weapons, unlock and upgrade all star cards, purchase the skins, and buy plenty of charges for all their top star cards too.

And I'm referring to just the vanilla content, not including what's to come.

As SG-17 said I think the vanilla stuff is just to cheap. It would have made a difference if example a level 50 skin costed 170 000 credits and not 17 000.

MADGAME

As SG-17 said I think the vanilla stuff is just to cheap. It would have made a difference if example a level 50 skin costed 170 000 credits and not 17 000.

Yeah, I realize how much it is for a single skin. How many credits for all skins, all weapons, all star cards, all upgrades, and say 100 charges for each card? A bit more credits than what falls in the easy category for the majority of this population I'm guessing.

Not saying Dice will sell credits/charges and I don't certainly need them, but it does seem to be an opportunity for a revenue stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom