• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
5IkYenu.gif

God, I love the ion disruptor. Tried to BM me with the hero icon while in the shield, not today.

Just had the worst game I have ever had on Battlefront. The pulse cannon is a pile of shit, or I haven't figured out its magic or whatever. It's so freaking random, people pop out of cover and snipe me with it, if I try to do the same the shot just fires off somewhere into space.

Xzan

God, I love the ion disruptor. Tried to BM me with the hero icon while in the shield, not today.

Just had the worst game I have ever had on Battlefront. The pulse cannon is a pile of shit, or I haven't figured out its magic or whatever. It's so freaking random, people pop out of cover and snipe me with it, if I try to do the same the shot just fires off somewhere into space.

They added a 3° movement penalty to its spread while ADS in the Feb patch, that's probably why. Ironically, it people have no problems sniping from mid-air with the jump pack...

They added a 3° movement penalty to its spread while ADS in the Feb patch, that's probably why. Ironically, it people have no problems sniping from mid-air with the jump pack...

I stood perfectly still and lined up a shot, it either goes through them or veers off somewhere. I looked it up, seems you can't unscope after you have fired or it will count as a hipfire shot. What a joke, that's something that's completely counter-intuitive.

Also. Did they buff the AT-AT's AI? I just had 6 deaths due to these guys, one shotted me every single time.

Ok, that's good.

I thought my team must have hated me when I threw it to clear an area of defenders, but then our team had to run in there for the objective.

Btw, awesome moment for me when I fell in Jabba's Palace and turned to see a dead Rancor. Was like...

8o

:D

The Jabba maps are full of stuff like that. Did you also see the locked up Gamorrean guards nearby?

The Jabba maps are full of stuff like that. Did you also see the locked up Gamorrean guards nearby?

No, not yet. But I'll be on the lookout now. I've been just trying to get my bearings. Haha!

The place is like a maze for me; running into dead ends and enemies in close quarters. My head's been on a swivel.

Doing these Hutt Contracts really fucked with my gameplay. I need to readjust to my old play style.

Yeah, I kinda hate the challenges because I always feel compelled to do them and they take me out of my comfort zone making my stats suffer.

Although Ive learned some interesting tips after being forced to use certain weapons so I guess its not all bad.

lawnchair

Banned
Came across a few more bugs:

- on the stat screen it says I have three new items (the yellow dot with black number), but I've unlocked and upgraded all items.
- when killed by explosives there sometimes is a delay between being killed and getting the kill screen.
- menus are a bit janky on PS4. Sometimes it takes a while for some screens to load properly.

i've seen all of these things recently too. time to hotfix the hotfix

Just played two entire matches of Dropzone and Cargo with the HUD turned of and fuck me, it doesn't get more immersive than that.
And I actually did pretty well. Would play like this all the time if there was just the slightest crosshair and if you could see the objective.

Not sure what's going on today. Put 4 rounds into a guy and get one shot thunked in return.

I give up. This game hasn't changed for the better. Get a guy down to a sliver of health everytime; time to pop personal shield and run/jumppack away. Game is just people taking potshots at each other from across the map and if you try anything else you can kiss your score goodbye. I used to be able to consistently top the leaderboard by using my freaking blaster, now it's always that one guy who hogs the back of the map or fighter whoring (lol rebel air superiority when facing premades. Have fun on that one).

Not sure what's going on today. Put 4 rounds into a guy and get one shot thunked in return.

It just happens sometimes. Ive chased a dude around shooting him in the ass for a good 4-5 shots (that probably shouldve killed them), then he turns around and one shots me with a cycler or something.

PrankT

I give up. This game hasn't changed for the better. Get a guy down to a sliver of health everytime; time to pop personal shield and run/jumppack away. Game is just people taking potshots at each other from across the map and if you try anything else you can kiss your score goodbye. I used to be able to consistently top the leaderboard by using my freaking blaster, now it's always that one guy who hogs the back of the map or fighter whoring (lol rebel air superiority when facing premades. Have fun on that one).
It's still pretty easy to top the boards just using blasters without the need of the pulse cannon or using vehicles. Also, use the scatter gun or cycler to deal with shields.

Palpable

5IkYenu.gif

You explosive shot jackrabbit

Kovet

Extraction would be a good mode if they got rid of the fucking heroes.

i agree. id also like it if they added it on alot of the original maps like raider camp, sulfur fields, twilight on hoth small, swamp crash zone, ice caves, and maybe even goazan badlands.

pacman85

I never got the 5k credit they were supposed to give out.

FeelsBadMan
I never did either and I logged in on Saturday. Their promotions were vague but it seemed like as long as you logged in at some point over the weekend you would get it but some others seemed to indicate it would only be Friday.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh my fucking god. I got unresponsive game. I've got the loadout/join game screen open (match is beginning) but the game doesn't respond to any click or keyboard key.

PrankT

Oh my fucking god. I got unresponsive game. I've got the loadout/join game screen open (match is beginning) but the game doesn't respond to any click or keyboard key.
Yesterday the game wouldn't respond to my dualshock 4 on the loadout screen. I also got kicked out of a server midmatch at one point. Just need to restart. Buggy buggy.

You explosive shot jackrabbit

Dunno. Hardly ever find explosive shot to be that troublesome, not on the EE-3 at least, it's nowhere near its 'terminator' status at launch.

At least you have to put some effort in, personal shield is just a 'oh fuck' get out of jail free card.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I had this happen the first time I booted after updating restarted and haven't had it happen since.

Woorloog

Banned
Soo, is the fucking A-wing hitbox issue back? I just followed an A-wing very closely but no shot i fired hit it.
Sure don't remember them being that hard to hit before this patch...

Soo, is the fucking A-wing hitbox issue back? I just followed an A-wing very closely but no shot i fired hit it.
Sure don't remember them being that hard to hit before this patch...

Yeah, strangely enough I was getting sparks (but no damage) on Interceptors and X-wings. Might be a shared issue?

MAN, I just forgot all my woes when I went for the Jawa shotgun with the focus fire starcard.

bEWZrk2.gif

Felt like Han in TFA, when he picks up Chewie's bowcaster and starts using it.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, i looked at wondered why the shotgun wasn't overheating but i was looking at wrong place and didn't notice well paced shots, hence my question.
Cooling cell isn't very useful... only the new sniper makes use of it, i think.

PrankT

Yeah, i looked at wondered why the shotgun wasn't overheating but i was looking at wrong place and didn't notice well paced shots, hence my question.
Cooling cell isn't very useful... only the new sniper makes use of it, i think.
Until the adrenaline pack came out I was using cooling cell extensively. Comes in really handy taking out a bunch of people in a row. I got bored of shield, scan pulse, and explosive shot. Focus fire is special for the shock blaster, of course.

RyanW

Was doing some thinking about the next DLC and kind of hope 2 of the Bespin maps(assuming all of the maps are Bespin) are remakes of the Bespin maps from the original Battlefront, Platforms and Cloud City along with the gamemode in this expansion being classic Conquest from the original games.

20v20 conquest on classic maps. Perhaps changing map boundaries and spawns on existing big maps(basically making a variant for Conquest and any future "non-linear" mode) specific to this mode and maybe for the free map that month we could see Mos Eisley, either remake or new, return as well to fit with the mode.

They wont remake maps...

Maybe they will add a Conquest mode. If i remember correctly they will add Modes too with Free Updates. So something like Conquest could happen and would be a great thing.

Sadly the DLC maps wont be that integrated into the game if Outer Rim is anything to go by. Just another Playlist for Bespin etc and thats it.

Woorloog

Banned
Urgh, adding more modes fractures the player base more. A game should not have too many modes... heck, it already has, if you ask me.
Of course, if this happens, rotating playlist may solve that issue.

RyanW

They wont remake maps...

Maybe they will add a Conquest mode. If i remember correctly they will add Modes too with Free Updates. So something like Conquest could happen and would be a great thing.

Sadly the DLC maps wont be that integrated into the game if Outer Rim is anything to go by. Just another Playlist for Bespin etc and thats it.

Which would be sad and it's probably true. Both of those maps next to Kamino were probably my favorite from the original game and could help bring in some great non-linear "big team" modes.

Urgh, adding more modes fractures the player base more. A game should not have too many modes... heck, it already has, if you ask me.
Of course, if this happens, rotating playlist may solve that issue.

We know we're getting at least 3 more modes so might as well speculate.

And I agree to an extent. I don't think some of these modes deserve their own playlists and the new stuff DICE added for MM searching in this update is a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom