• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now noticed that they changed the sound of RotJ Luke's lightsaber. That was one of the things that used to irk me, I loved the snaphiss of his green saber and they finally seemed to have implemented it, cool stuff.

Ozorov

frnXxyM.gif

^ When you win a extremely tight Extraction-game with 2 second left

LoveCake

Are the free 5000 credits for only USA or are they for everywhere?

I was playing this yesterday & also playing now & I have not received any points or seen any notification either.

Are the free 5000 credits for only USA or are they for everywhere?

I was playing this yesterday & also playing now & I have not received any points or seen any notification either.

Seems US only. I didn't get any. What a load of shit if that is the case.

Anyone got any tips for the pulse cannon? Never used the damn thing, it feels like people snap shot me with it, but it's freaking impossible to do so without having the shot veer off to some random ass direction. Also, it feels like the shot isn't perfectly dead center but a bit aligned to the right?

5taquitos

In the US, got my credits on Friday morning by logging into the companion app.

Edit: I didn't get a notification for it though, I only noticed because I was almost out of credits the night before.

Ozorov

Seems US only. I didn't get any. What a load of shit if that is the case.

Anyone got any tips for the pulse cannon? Never used the damn thing, it feels like people snap shot me with it, but it's freaking impossible to do so without having the shot veer off to some random ass direction. Also, it feels like the shot isn't perfectly dead center but a bit aligned to the right?

Why on earth would it be US only? It have never been that before.

If you still haven't received them, we'd recommend contacting an Adviser to look into this: http://bit.ly/1CLC61o

Pistols and Explosive Shot can fuck right off.

So can these Hutt Contracts.

Also where the fuck is the team balancing? Multiple rounds of Supremacy and the teams remained the same.

Woorloog

Banned
Is the bonus credit thing for all or Season Pass only?

(Doesn't matter to me really, i don't have anything to buy in the game... Not buying emotes or skins unless i get Imperial Officer skin.)

Ozorov

Good news for you guys that likes to make movies and stuff. Private matches will only require 2 people to start, soon.

(Doesn't matter to me really, i don't have anything to buy in the game... Not buying emotes or skins unless i get Imperial Officer skin.)

Should be for all.

Pistols and Explosive Shot can fuck right off.

So can these Hutt Contracts.

Also where the fuck is the team balancing? Multiple rounds of Supremacy and the teams remained the same.

I've never actually taken a look at the team balancing.

Whales

Banned
I kinda feel the nee way of selecting in heroes vs villain is stupid.

I can just mash X like crazy and get darth vader everytime. They should make the selection random on the screen ( as in, not always the same order of darth / palpatine / fett/ greedo)

Or just go back to the random selection process

What do you guys think?

Ozorov

I can just mash X like crazy and get darth vader everytime. They should make the selection random on the screen ( as in, not always the same order of darth / palpatine / fett/ greedo)

What do you guys think?

Yes it should be random like before

LoveCake

I have the season pass & I have not got the free Easter credits, I also have the end of game credit glitch, so I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Ozorov

So apparently some members from the Mirror's Edge Catalyst-team will join the Battlefront-team in the coming week and help them with Bespin since ME Catalyst is 99% done.

Good news for you guys that likes to make movies and stuff. Private matches will only require 2 people to start, soon.

Source?
And that's still one too many for me, I really want to explore the maps alone. Or would it be possible to do it with two controllers and two accounts on PS4?

Ambitious

Have they changed matchmaking in some kind of way? I used to dominate matches most of the time when I played the last time (~4 weeks ago), but now each match is super intense.

LoveCake

Seems like they are going to have to do mass BETA tests on the Season Pass DLC now :/ how can they be so inept?

I am really beginning to think that these game devs/pubs are acting all "we have your money, now fuck off" (I don't usually swear on here, so I apologise).

I know this is OT but can they really be surprised that industry-wide pre-orders are way down & sales are down, with this & the issues with SF V (for me), where does this leave PS:VR & it's games on release?

Anyone feel Turning Point had some weird stuff happening when it comes to balancing? I swear, imperial were less than a minute away from winning when suddenly there feels like this huge shift in the round to prevent it from ending so soon. Spawn points get moved further away from the defense point, for example.

I haven't played in a while, but it looks like balancing is still as bad as it was when I started.

So apparently some members from the Mirror's Edge Catalyst-team will join the Battlefront-team in the coming week and help them with Bespin since ME Catalyst is 99% done.

Sounds like a really tight schedule. But yeah not surprised. They just started on the Bespin DLC some weeks ago. Must be done in Summer, probably by June or July

What do you guys think?

Not everytime when everyone is mashing. ;p

I like your suggestion of randomizing their order though. Send that to Sledgehammer on Twitter.

Just got thrown into three HvV matches in a row.

They really need to remove it from the playlists. Please.

Nah. It's a great mode, people just hate on it because it messes up their K/D ratio. :p

I've just jumped back into the game after a while out. I was playing it a lot before my uni workload went up so it's nice to get back into it.

What's the consensus on Outer Rim so far? I'm liking that it looks more close quartered focused as I enjoy the smaller game modes.

PrankT

What's the consensus on Outer Rim so far? I'm liking that it looks more close quartered focused as I enjoy the smaller game modes.
Great maps, great heroes, good new mode of extraction, mediocre weapons, some useful cards, terrible implementation of game mode rotation that can make playing the dlc a chore, new bugs.

Laputa_94

I find myself encountering invincible players on Hoth supremacy the past few days its rather annoying.

Great maps, great heroes, good new mode of extraction, mediocre weapons, some useful cards, terrible implementation of game mode rotation that can make playing the dlc a chore, new bugs.

I can agree with all of this.

Holy shit ive played some Turning Point with a friend today for hours and it basicly felt like this:

7YYz9vU.gif

Each of us constantly got 40+ kills and 5-10 death every round lol

Sadly we lost some times too because its just impossible to carry 18 people that dont know how to play this mode lol

But this was way more fun than the last couple of days i had in Walker Assault.

Tried the OuterRim Maps today too, was still a shit show and i left after 2 rounds, still not fun.

PrankT

Greedo is pretty nuts. Got about 40 kills with him on the last section of walker assault just using his pistol and grenades (no clue how to use the right/r1 power yet, someone explain?). A full health Luke charged me and a grenade and few blasts later he was out. Luke needs his original health back.

Xzan

Can someone explain the purpose of the Relby? Seems terrible for just about everything, but I'm open to enlightenment.

I don't really get the purpose of the Relby either. It has similar base damage of the A280C with less damage drop-off but lacks the zoom of the T21-B and has a large amount of recoil. It doesn't come close to the accuracy and damage of the EE-3, so it won't be replacing it in my loadout any time soon.

I've tried the Relby with Explosive Shot and it does ok. Perhaps it might shine with Focus Fire because of its high damage at max range and rapid rate of fire?

Xzan

Greedo is pretty nuts. Got about 40 kills with him on the last section of walker assault just using his pistol and grenades (no clue how to use the right/r1 power yet, someone explain?). A full health Luke charged me and a grenade and few blasts later he was out. Luke needs his original health back.

Its a short range lock on. It'll freeze you in place and the targets get a warning that you're about to fire. Taking damage can disrupt it if I recall correctly.

Even though the Outer Rim promo vid showed Greedo aiming at 5 dudes with it, he's so squishy that I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the drop on them.

PrankT

Its a short range lock on. It'll freeze you in place and the targets get a warning that you're about to fire. Taking damage can disrupt it if I recall correctly.

Even though the Outer Rim promo vid showed Greedo aiming at 5 dudes with it, he's so squishy that I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the drop on them.
Thanks. Seems faster just to shoot them without the gimmick.

Jeez, man. How are you people getting kills with the Dioxide grenades?

That upgrade is my last Hutt Contract to complete, but no one stays in that fog for long.

PrankT

Jeez, man. How are you people getting kills with the Dioxide grenades?

That upgrade is my last Hutt Contract to complete, but no one stays in that fog for long.
That's the only contract I haven't bothered with yet since it seems annoying. I would think throwing them down on drop zone pods would be a decent way to go.

I've only been able to get a few by snaking kills from teammates at the last second.

Yeah, I've been trying that too. But I haven't gotten the timing down before teammates kill
them yet. Just have to spam them, and hope I get lucky I guess.

That's the only contract I haven't bothered with yet since it seems annoying. I would think throwing them down on drop zone pods would be a decent way to go.

Yep, I've tried in DZ and Extraction. Will keep trying in those modes, because they seem like the best chance of opponents staying still. May even try with Supremacy, with that log jam at the end of rounds.

EDIT:

Actually, can I accidentally kill my teammates with the Dioxide?

Came across a few more bugs:

- sometimes when I enter a Outer Rim playlist, I'm put in a regular map. Happened a few times now, almost always a HvV match.
- on the stat screen it says I have three new items (the yellow dot with black number), but I've unlocked and upgraded all items.
- when killed by explosives there sometimes is a delay between being killed and getting the kill screen.
- menus are a bit janky on PS4. Sometimes it takes a while for some screens to load properly.

Actually, can I accidentally kill my teammates with the Dioxide?

No, only yourself and the opposing team

I just checked my diorama and the Greedo diorama has the following requirement to unlock: use all starcards and get a kill with every weapon from the Outer Rim DLC.
It's on 7/9 for me, are the two missing the upcoming starcards (bacta and berserk)?

Same here, although I didn't upgrade the dioxis.

My OCD is killing me 😩

Lulu23

- on the stat screen it says I have three new items (the yellow dot with black number), but I've unlocked and upgraded all items.

Yeah I have that too, hope they fix it.

I know it's gonna sound ridiculous, but such a bug was part of the reason I sold Hardline. Months after launch, I still couldn't get rid of the "new"-indicator in the customization menu, which I hated.

Yeah I have that too, hope they fix it.

I know it's gonna sound ridiculous, but such a bug was part of the reason I sold Hardline. Months after launch, I still couldn't get rid of the "new"-indicator in the customization menu, which I hated.

I had that same problem with BF4. It would always show things as new, when I already unlocked it ages ago. Things like that really get under my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom