• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Bacta Bomb description

Ugh they need to scramble a patch for everything wrong, I'm guessing it will be on 4/5.

The Bacta Bomb is what we expected then. Hope it heals you fast with that 40 second cooldown.

Yes, sometimes it feels like this game is still in beta after Outer Rim.

Credit-count doesn't work, you don't level up when you should, Hutt Contract show they're still unfinished even you have them unlocked, you don't get the right amount of XP, people not getting into games.

Btw how did you find the bacta bomb in the page?

MADGAME

The Bacta Bomb is what we expected then. Hope it heals you fast with that 40 second cooldown.

Credit-count doesn't work, you don't level up when you should, Hutt Contract show they're still unfinished even you have them unlocked, you don't get the right amount of XP, people not getting into games.

Yeah the problem list is significant. To a much lesser degree in terms of seriousness, I've also been experiencing some weird stuff while playing. For example, while traversing on top of the long pipelines on the new Sorosuub map, there is some jankiness that pushes your character to the side a bit. It's kind of random, but there is one spot in particular that feels like you hit an invisible wall and you get pushed off to the side and most times off the pipes. This occasionally and randomly happens in the other maps too while on the ground. I thought lag at first but it never happened to me previously unless I was getting the bad connection message.

Another issue I have is with Leia, I experience serious lag with Trooper Bane. Pull the trigger, then go make a cup of coffee or something and by the time you get back the gun might shoot.

Several times I've been killed by Thermal Detonator with no pre-explosion warnings like the sound effects and other indicators, or even see the grenade being thrown. Just an explosion out of nowhere and the notification of what killed you.

I didn't actually find the Bacta Bomb description myself, I saw it on Reddit. People are modifying URLs on the Star Card pages to find them. Apparently they were trying to get the descriptions for the other cards too but modifying the links for them redirect to existing Star Cards.

Tubie

They probably left a skeleton crew working on the season pass content and overall support of the game (EA did the same to Hardline).

BF5 is supposedly coming this year, so I bet the main team moved to that months ago.

Ozorov

They probably left a skeleton crew working on the season pass content and overall support of the game (EA did the same to Hardline).

BF5 is supposedly coming this year
, so I bet the main team moved to that months ago.

Sweet baby. I hope the rumors about a alternative world war 1 is true.

LoveCake

Since this last update & season pass DLC, I am not getting my points converted into credits at the end of the games! Is anyone else having this problem?

The screen comes up but the numbers just stay on zero & then the next screen comes up & when I check my credit balance has not gone up, my XP level goes up but not my credit balance, this is happening in the normal Walker Assault games & also the season pass levels/missions.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Since this last update & season pass DLC, I am not getting my points converted into credits at the end of the games! Is anyone else having this problem?

It's a glitch. You're still getting them if that's what you're worried about.

LoveCake

It's a glitch. You're still getting them if that's what you're worried about.

Yes, you are correct, I just checked again, played a round & my credits did go up, I am sort of sure that they have not gone up every-time though, hmm I have not been playing that badly have I.

BF5 is supposedly coming this year, so I bet the main team moved to that months ago.

Its not supposedly. Its confirmed to launch before christmas.

So a October 2016 release is very likely again for BF5.

Ozorov

CefA3x4WwAAQEZ-.jpg

I've not received any credits. Same for anyone else?

Ozorov

Is this today?

I have not seen that at all, I have the credit glitch so I cannot tell tbh, but I have not seen anything about 5000 free credits!

I think you're supposed to get a little screen (like the daily challenge one) saying you got the credits. And it said to Login today / this weekend.

5taquitos

It kinda sucks to have so many little bugs all of a sudden, it was quite polished out the door. Outer Rim was definitely released in a rough state.

Woorloog

Banned
Curious, i have one Blaster Pistol Kill in a challenge despite not having used one. I suppose the Scout Pistol now counts as a Blaster Pistol for the challenge.

Woorloog

Banned
I swear LOD is fucked after the patch on PC. It seems i see objects much shorter distance now...
Of course, it could be just i'm misremembering but if so, the LOD is oddly short, especially when flying.

Upgraded my decade old router, and got my Targeting Rifle streaks of 10 and 15 done in my first 5 rounds of Supremacy.

Wow, so that's what it's like to play without lag. I was sweating that 15th kill when I only had 14 with under a minute left. Got really psyched out and sloppy there, but whew... :)

I still think it's messed up to force streaks on players who paid for the season pass though.

Now to grind out shot gun kills. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Drop Zone, but may finally try Extraction for them.

Tubie

I have gained enough xp to get to 52 and I'm still 50 lol.

Last match I got to 51 but then when I check the stats page it says I still need 6k to level 51.

Not like it matters I guess, it's just one skin at 60 that I'll eventually get.

PrankT

That weequay skin is the ugliest in the game. Also, wish they removed the sullustan skin, too easy to mistake it for Nien Nunb.

Upgraded my decade old router, and got my Targeting Rifle streaks of 10 and 15 done in my first 5 rounds of Supremacy.

Wow, so that's what it's like to play without lag. I was sweating that 15th kill when I only had 14 with under a minute left. Got really psyched out and sloppy there, but whew... :)

I still think it's messed up to force streaks on players who paid for the season pass though.

Now to grind out shot gun kills. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Drop Zone, but may finally try Extraction for them.

Extraction on the Jabba Palace map is the place to grind Shock Blaster kills.

And talking about the Shock blaster: it was my least favorite weapon, until they forced me to use it for the Hutt contracts.
I actually really like using it on certain maps now. Same goes for the Dioxis grenade. Didn't see any purpose in it, other than unlocking all the new stuff, but it has a earned a place in my loadout for certain, objective based modes.

PrankT

doing the jabba contracts was fun...but only had two with base game :
Which were available without season pass? The only items I like are the scatter gun and the dl-18. And I'm actually somewhat disappointed in the scatter gun because it's just an easier cycle rifle. The dioxis grenade is a nice addition as well, but I haven't felt the desire to use it.

I'm still bummed out about the reduced drop zone and the silly rotation feature.

Ozorov

Which were available without season pass? The only items I like are the scatter gun and the dl-18. And I'm actually somewhat disappointed in the scatter gun because it's just an easier cycle rifle. The dioxis grenade is a nice addition as well, but I haven't felt the desire to use it.

I'm still bummed out about the reduced drop zone and the silly rotation feature.
Dlt-19x and that dl-18.

Is anyone doing the daily base command challenges? You get a extra 1K credits per day if you get three Stars on them and its quite fun

Extraction on the Jabba Palace map is the place to grind Shock Blaster kills.

And talking about the Shock blaster: it was my least favorite weapon, until they forced me to use it for the Hutt contracts.
I actually really like using it on certain maps now. Same goes for the Dioxis grenade. Didn't see any purpose in it, other than unlocking all the new stuff, but it has a earned a place in my loadout for certain, objective based modes.

Hey, thanks. I finished up my Shock Blaster kills and unlocked the Dioxis grenades on Drop Zone. I just abused my smoke and flash grenades, and got to the enemy in the confusion.

I tried to go play Extraction in the Outer Rim section, but I couldn't pick that game mode. It kept sending me to Cargo Run every time I tried to quit out and go back into Outer Rim. And I guess wanted me to run through the playlist of different game modes?

Is there no selection allowed to just play Extraction, or am I somehow missing it?

Love, love, LOVING that Slug-thrower so far :)

Edit for below:

Ah, I see. Well, that's good news then. I'll try out Extraction in the morning :)

Hey, thanks. I finished up my Shock Blaster kills and unlocked the Dioxis grenades on Drop Zone. I just abused my smoke and flash grenades, and got to the enemy in the confusion.

I tried to go play Extraction in the Outer Rim section, but I couldn't pick that game mode. It kept sending me to Cargo Run every time I tried to quit out and go back into Outer Rim. And I guess wanted me to run through the playlist of different game modes?

Is there no selection allowed to just play Extraction, or am I somehow missing it?

Love, love, LOVING that Slug-thrower so far :)

You can choose to start in Extraction mode, but after the match ends you go in the regular rotation. So if you want to play extraction exclusively, you have to back out every time.

And yes, the Scatter Gun is a beast :)

So I untilted the shit out of myself and started playing decently again, EE-3 for life. Noticed that the game definitely became 'slower', but that isn't necessarily bad. Switched out the bodyguard for the scout trait due to homing shot being (thank god) absent.

Still had hope they would have fixed the aim acceleration when zooming in on the AT-ST etc.

Also, how do you guys use the DLT-19X? No zoom, sure it has no drop-off, but it seems outclassed at its intended range (mid to somewhat long).

So I went back to just using the E-11 and A280C. I just like these weapons too much. Actually after looking at my stats I have a fairly good balance of weapons used.

DH-17: 212
DL-18: 96
DL-44: 88
DT- 12: 26
SE-14C: 756
A280C: 393
E-11: 579
EE-3: 224
DLT-19: 132
RT-97C: 329
T-21: 42
CA-87: 301
DLT-19X: 1 (lol)
V10: 60
T-21B: 64

MADGAME

Can someone explain the purpose of the Relby? Seems terrible for just about everything, but I'm open to enlightenment.
Tough for me to use also. I've seen a few people wrecking with it at all ranges. They are either lightning fast on the trigger and can fire at max rate while mobile and still being accurate, or maybe have a rapid fire controller. When I'm on the receiving end of a good Relby user, I hear the quick thk thk thk and I'm dead.

HERE is the glitch
Lol the no-win scenario

Ozorov

Tough for me to use also. I've seen a few people wrecking with it at all ranges. They are either lightning fast on the trigger and can fire at max rate while mobile and still being accurate, or maybe have a rapid fire controller. When I'm on the receiving end of a good Relby user, I hear the quick thk thk thk and I'm dead.

Lol the no-win scenario

I feel that Relby should be awesome for PC-players since you can spam much faster and still have a steady aim.

And yeah... It was rough to win that game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom