• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ozorov

If they still are going with DLC-packs (of course they will $$$) in BF2 I hope they just go with 2 big packs rather then 4 smaller ones and some patches between the bigger packs instead.

MrDaravon

I only got the Enemy Blinded +10 feed once and it counted as 25 for the contract.

Yeah, I got it on my third throw of a Flash Grenade after the DLC hit. Not complaining, but it seems bugged. That said flashing people (ha) is pretty easy to do so it's not a hard one anyway.

Oynox

If they still are going with DLC-packs (of course they will $$$) in BF2 I hope they just go with 2 big packs rather then 4 smaller ones and some patches between the bigger packs instead.

Jep. I actually think the patches added more valuable stuff to the game than the Season Pass content. Like Hutt Contracts and the connected new weapons, star cards etc. As well as the whole trait functionality.

MrDaravon

All the kiddies seem to have finally got this downloaded, I have won a single match so far in this playlist in the last 3 hours. I'm finishing a match right now as the Rebels in Infiltration where 2 of the three datatapes have been sitting at the start and not picked up, and I'm the only one picking up the third. Of course half of the other team has 50+ kills.

This shit is seriously like almost every game now, whose dick do I have to suck to finally be on the team that crushes everyone? I feel like ever since they "fixed" the team balancing a while back I'm consistently always on the fucked team, I dunno if the game is expecting me to pick it up or thinks my trueskill is high enough to carry people or if I'm unlucky or what :/.

Just played a few rounds on Scariff. I wasn't too hot on it though..

Gunplay seemed weird. Getting dropped suddenly, hits seemingly not registering etc.

Zereta

I hope they go for a Titanfall 2-model for Battlefront 2 and keep gameplay and map content free. Its Star Wars, you don't need to monetize that, monetize skins and that shit.

But lol, they'll sell me a season pass and I'll buy it and the user base will be fragmented its all fucked.

MrDaravon

Well bitching on GAF works again, immediately won Turning Point as the Imperials (first time I've seen that happen) and then won as the Rebels on Infiltration. Need to bitch about not having winning lottery numbers next :p

As a small but obvious tip for Sonic Imploder kills, try dropping it on people you're about to start shooting at, then shoot them enough to intentionally not kill them and hope the imploder finishes them. It's kind of obvious but super dumb, but it's gotten me 2 imploder kills today. Given that's 2 kills across multiple hours and it's getting me killed most of the time it's still pretty shitty, but better than nothing.

Edit: Unrelated, but is there any trick to not going like 1-10 consistently as the Imperials in Phase 1 of Infiltration? I feel like the X-Wings just completely decimate you instantly. I'm okaaaay at FS in general, but I'm just getting completely ripped apart here. I mean I get this Phase is stacked intentionally for the rebels which I'm okay with, but it'd be nice to get more than one or two kills total this phase as the Imperials.

LoveCake

All the kiddies seem to have finally got this downloaded, I have won a single match so far in this playlist in the last 3 hours. I'm finishing a match right now as the Rebels in Infiltration where 2 of the three datatapes have been sitting at the start and not picked up, and I'm the only one picking up the third. Of course half of the other team has 50+ kills.

This shit is seriously like almost every game now, whose dick do I have to suck to finally be on the team that crushes everyone? I feel like ever since they "fixed" the team balancing a while back I'm consistently always on the fucked team, I dunno if the game is expecting me to pick it up or thinks my trueskill is high enough to carry people or if I'm unlucky or what :/.

This does happen unfortunately, I have mentioned this more than a few times here, there does seem to be a lot of children playing this (this has been mentioned to me here by fellow members) if there was a way to get with a team that know what they are doing, this team would dominate, a number of people with the correct StarCard load-outs and all knowing what their positions are to be in certain games etc.

I wish there was this ability, a bunch of GAF'ers would rule the universe in this game.

This Scarif DLC though is not that easy to get a good score I have found, I have only played for half an hour last night and one and a half this evening, the problem is knowing the maps, it seems to happen so fast and you get killed pretty often so trying to learn the map like I was tonight on Blast was a joke as I kept getting picked off :mad:

See above; most/all modes have had different playercounts from vanilla to the DLCs, often multiple times which makes a single playlist for across the board not really feasible unless they went back and actually changed maps or something. For example in vanilla Blast is 20 players, in Outer Rim it's 16, in Death Star it's 24, and in Bespin/Scarif it's 32.

Don't the DLC playlists have varying playercount modes in the shuffle as well? I seem to remember a few people getting booted after matches of Walker Assault on Bespin.

Either way the design decision to have such drastically different player counts is one hell of a bad call, like what the hell were they thinking?

MrDaravon

I've already got the trophy, I'm still in here for diorama purposes but thinking about bailing since I'll never have 100% diorama completion anyway because of the goddamn fucking 10 Hero Hunt wins requirement for the Emperor. Fucking sucks man.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've already got the trophy, I'm still in here for diorama purposes but thinking about bailing since I'll never have 100% diorama completion anyway because of the goddamn fucking 10 Hero Hunt wins requirement for the Emperor. Fucking sucks man.
The one that's killing me is 100 vehicle kills with the Cloud Car.

Who's brilliant idea was that?

OldMan

Banned
Beef up the expansion packs, if not than fine... for hero mode going forward id invest more in bigger maps w/ 4 villians/heroes on each team and 4 rounds to win.

Best regards,

OM

Arttemis

This.

I'd go for a season 2 with this philosophy, too.

PrankT

Getting stuck in the brush is really ridiculous. They should have just made everything a rock if you can't walk or shoot through it.

Arkeband

Banned
I just picked up this game recently, installed it a few days ago and downloaded the Season Pass. Everything was working.

After I downloaded the most recent patch, the season pass boxes show "locked" - pressing X on any of them brings up the PSN store where it always leads to the first one, which I've now individually downloaded and installed. The rest are greyed out, can't figure out how to unlock them.

Anyone else run into this? I also had a problem starting up the game where it wouldn't let me leave the Darth Vader minigame, it's weird that these bugs are still around.

OldMan

Banned
Those bushes on Scarif Beach are straight cheese but hey I can wear an X-Pilot suit with my Quarren head now
w9rPbpk.png

5taquitos

I just picked up this game recently, installed it a few days ago and downloaded the Season Pass. Everything was working.

After I downloaded the most recent patch, the season pass boxes show "locked" - pressing X on any of them brings up the PSN store where it always leads to the first one, which I've now individually downloaded and installed. The rest are greyed out, can't figure out how to unlock them.

Anyone else run into this? I also had a problem starting up the game where it wouldn't let me leave the Darth Vader minigame, it's weird that these bugs are still around.

To unlock the locked packs, press Down on the main PS4 menu when you have Battlefront selected, then open the list of expansion packs there. You should see all of the locked packs marked "Free." Select and download each one, it should only take a second since it's just unlocking them again.

lawnchair

Banned
Frankly they should have never done a Rogue One pack to begin with. It's fun, but they were obviously constrained both creatively by Lucasfilm/Disney and financially.

There was still lots that could have been done with strictly OT settings and characters. The following locations were mentioned in the OT movies (like Sullust) and could have been awesome to see:

Dantooine
Ord Mantell
Kessel

For heroes we still could have had fucking Obi-Wan, General Veers (who could probably have had a lot of Krennic's abilities), the remaining bounty hunters (IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM), maybe even Yoda.

Rogue One just feels like a very underwhelming way to end the season pass and this game's legacy.

Edit: Not to mention the Battle of Endor with the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star 2, the Emperor's Throne Room, Mos Eisley Cantina....

agreed on all this.

PrankT

Finally found a use for Escape Artist. Go to level 3 and just outran the Imperials while carrying the data tape.
I like escape artist a lot for general use. Damage, armor, and stealth are all good features to have on the other traits, but running fast is pretty great for me in any situation.

OldMan

Banned
Frankly they should have never done a Rogue One pack to begin with. It's fun, but they were obviously constrained both creatively by Lucasfilm/Disney and financially.

There was still lots that could have been done with strictly OT settings and characters. The following locations were mentioned in the OT movies (like Sullust) and could have been awesome to see:

Dantooine
Ord Mantell
Kessel

For heroes we still could have had fucking Obi-Wan, General Veers (who could probably have had a lot of Krennic's abilities), the remaining bounty hunters (IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM), maybe even Yoda.

Rogue One just feels like a very underwhelming way to end the season pass and this game's legacy.

Edit: Not to mention the Battle of Endor with the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star 2, the Emperor's Throne Room, Mos Eisley Cantina....

Edit 2: I will say that I really like the shoretrooper models
And really fucking good timing. C'mon Bossk is a beast.

Arkeband

Banned
To unlock the locked packs, press Down on the main PS4 menu when you have Battlefront selected, then open the list of expansion packs there. You should see all of the locked packs marked "Free." Select and download each one, it should only take a second since it's just unlocking them again.

Thanks! *brofist*

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Yeah I'm enjoying Scarif and think the more chase based game modes are pretty fun (seeing swarms of fighters trailing the U-Wings always looks cool), but they need to do something about the fucking foliage. Like, make it slow me right down rather than block me. I'd have gotten stuck in the world twice now if it wasn't for my jump pack.

Alucrid

Banned

oh. ohhhh. ohhhhhhhh. that's why everything sucks now. i think i shouldn't have bought the season pass

lawnchair

Banned
put this in for the first time in a long while today and suddenly all of the DLC packs are showing up as not being installed. :(.

put this in for the first time in a long while today and suddenly all of the DLC packs are showing up as not being installed. :(.
You have to redownload the individual pack keys.

Can the U-wing fly so high TIE-fighters can't reach it? Seems like that in the game I played
Yep. If I'm Rebels I'll milk it for as long as I can, but when I get the U-Wing I just go straight up and the TIEs can't touch me.

They are doing doing a server-side patch to fix Lando and HvV. But the traits on every base hero except Luke are fucked up. Vader's armor value and range are wrong and he gives armor to enemies. I wish they didn't try to make sweeping changes in the last DLC with such a small team. If they wanted to make Vader more of a tank they should have just tripled his base health.

5taquitos

They are doing doing a server-side patch to fix Lando and HvV. But the traits on every base hero except Luke are fucked up. Vader's armor value and range are wrong and he gives armor to enemies. I wish they didn't try to make sweeping changes in the last DLC with such a small team. If they wanted to make Vader more of a tank they should have just tripled his base health.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure just one guy was working on all the hero changes

If I know pretty much zero about rogue one and want to keep it that way can I avoid the playlist entirely? What about the heroes and villains? I assume jyn is the hero but have no idea who the villain is and don't want to know if it's spoilery

Toa TAK

Banned
If I know pretty much zero about rogue one and want to keep it that way can I avoid the playlist entirely? What about the heroes and villains? I assume jyn is the hero but have no idea who the villain is and don't want to know if it's spoilery
You'll be fine if you just avoid the playlist entirely.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

It's really not like much is spoiled anyway, but if you really wish to see the film blind, then just avoid the DLC playlist for Rogue One I suppose. Keep in mind, the main hero and villain from the film do crop up in any other playlist game(mixed up with Luke, Vader, etc...), so you will likely fight alongside or against them regardless randomly. But none of that is a spoiler really, I mean their identity is on any billboard, commerical, trailer, around the world currently.... Hell, you may see an ad on NeoGAF with their faces...

God damn the grind for this is fucking real what the hell DICE

I should not have been able to unlock all the titanfall 2 items faster than fucking battlefront what the hell were they thinking

And not being able to change the flight controls or roll in more than two directions is still dumb as hell

And with the aliasing on ps4 be spin doesn't even have the graphics to save it

Ugh this game....

Oh also being able to stock up on charges by playing more is also short sighted, each match should reset your charges and you shouldn't have to spend credits to restock them. Paying a crazy amount of credits to upgrade cards also shouldn't be a thing. Besides the laughable infinite warfare this really is the worst designed multiplayer shooter I've played in years and I'm kicking myself fr thinking playing around in new locations would be worth 20 bucks.

Oh, I can't select DLC maps per mode to play?uh... so the only way to play blast on the new maps is to pray to the rng gods otherwise I get stuck with a terribly designed objective game mode? :/

I played a dear star map that seemed alright until we got inside and it turned in to a typical battlefront cramped clusterfuck. To make matters worse the enemy team had a Bossk (is he a hero or what? Lol at the fact that heroes aren't map dependent) who I could get two point blank shotgun shots on and it wouldn't do shit because he had enough health to tank it and then would just cheese ally bacta bombs to regen health. Bravo.

Alucrid

Banned

I should not have been able to unlock all the titanfall 2 items faster than fucking battlefront what the hell were they thinking

And not being able to change the flight controls or roll in more than two directions is still dumb as hell

Ugh this game....

Oh also being able to stock up on charges by playing more is also short sighted, each match should reset your charges and you shouldn't have to spend credits to restock them. Paying a crazy amount of credits to upgrade cards also shouldn't be a thing. Besides the laughable infinite warfare this really is the worst designed multiplayer shooter I've played in years and I'm kicking myself fr thinking playing around in new locations would be worth 20 bucks.

Oh, I can't select DLC maps per mode to play?uh... so the only way to play blast on the new maps is to pray to the rng gods otherwise I get stuck with a terribly designed objective game mode? :/

I played a dear star map that seemed alright until we got inside and it turned in to a typical battlefront cramped clusterfuck. To make matters worse the enemy team had a Bossk (is he a hero or what? Lol at the fact that heroes aren't map dependent) who I could get two point blank shotgun shots on and it wouldn't do shit because he had enough health to tank it and then would just cheese ally bacta bombs to regen health. Bravo.

yes you can. click square on the dlc boxes

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Ugh this game....

Yea, you can choose what mode by pushing square over the DLC maps.

I mostly just hate that there isn't a Season Pass hopper so the game randomly cycles all maps and modes in one quick select option. Really annoyed having to back out of each DLC if you want to play other maps, especially given how light in content some of the DLC feels. Just really shocked how segregated everything is.

Also, dislike many of the objective modes given how much of a clusterfuck they can feel activating droids or cargo or whatnot. Spawns feel too close, thus you never really have breathing room to make a push in most cases. Still, I am finding myself enjoying the game more than a year ago when I last played for whatever reason. I really disliked it at launch, but there is something to the simplified thrills after playing BF1 heavily last month. Have hopes the sequel really irons out how messy the game feels in many objective modes.

Top Bottom