• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

LoveCake

I had to re-install all my DLC as well, I was o_O at first but then went into the PSN Shop and re-downloaded the DLC.

Played two games of Supremacy on Scarif pretty good, just need to learn the map and then it should be ok, good area for flanking maneuvers, the only thing I am disappointed about is there are no new skins to use constantly other than the Storm Trooper Captain at level 100 at ₵35,000 and that is it, there isn't anything to spend credits on! why are there no more alien heads or even skins for spaceships?

MrDaravon

Lando Power Blast issue acknowledged
https://twitter.com/guillaume_mroz/status/806182299586924544

Lando taking out an entire team in HvV in 30 secs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrblV6l8g8

Well fuck. I've played for several hours today and haven't even SEEN a hero token yet, was planning on using HvV to get my hero kills for the new contracts :/.

Doesn't mean it couldn't through you back into a matchmaking pool after a round.

1. Select Season Pass playlist
2. Get matched into random DLC mode.
3. Play mode.
4. Return to matchmaking.
5. Get matched into random DLC mode.

Obviously not perfect, but a far sight better than what we have now (nothing).

I mean technically you're right it's better than what we have now, but that would be such a shitty implementation I'd rather they don't even bother. Ignoring the fact you know that it would be broken and split up parties, you would also have to deal with even more load times, as well as it fucking up the team balancing in-between rounds.

This effects some modes more than others though; like I mostly play WA and there's only two WA maps across all the DLC's so that's relatively not a huge loss, but Blast folks are losing out on at least 4 maps (maybe more, can't remember if some of the DLC's had multiple Blast maps).

...Jesus really Dice? How fucking hard is it?

See above; most/all modes have had different playercounts from vanilla to the DLCs, often multiple times which makes a single playlist for across the board not really feasible unless they went back and actually changed maps or something. For example in vanilla Blast is 20 players, in Outer Rim it's 16, in Death Star it's 24, and in Bespin/Scarif it's 32.

Is there something I'm missing with Scarif? Is that seriously all there is?

I loved Outer Rim and Bespin, good amount of unique maps and modes to play them on. Was a bit upset with Death Star as it's only one infantry map (edit: corrected, 3 maps), granted the Death Star trench run is great. But Scarif? Is it really just one small map littered with bushes I can't pass through?

I feel like there should of been another Scarif map that's a bit more open and perhaps a Jedah map (think that's what the planet is called). When I compare this side by side with the other expansions I'm left scratching my head.

5taquitos

Is there something I'm missing with Scarif? Is that seriously all there is?

I loved Outer Rim and Bespin, good amount of unique maps and modes to play them on. Was a bit upset with Death Star as it's only one infantry map, granted the Death Star trench run is great. But Scarif? Is it really just one small map littered with bushes I can't pass through?

I feel like there should of been another Scarif map that's a bit more open and perhaps a Jedah map (think that's what the planet is called). When I compare this side by side with the other expansions I'm left scratching my head.

Haven't played Scarif yet, but I wanted to point out that Death Star actually has three infantry maps.

Haven't played Scarif yet, but I wanted to point out that Death Star actually has three infantry maps.
Oh, thanks for the correction. Didn't have much time for Death Star expansion so of the limited times I played that one I must of gotten unlucky with map selection. Hopefully I'm missing something with Scarif as well.

5taquitos

Oh, thanks for the correction. Didn't have much time for Death Star expansion so of the limited times I played that one I must of gotten unlucky with map selection. Hopefully I'm missing something with Scarif as well.

The infantry maps definitely blend together, it's essentially three different layouts for the middle part of the multi-phase mode.

Frankly this is too similar to Death Star's narrative to be interesting. Plus the maps aren't good. Too much line of sight obstruction and obstacles.

Made it to the final push of Infiltration as the rebels just now. I must be missing something. We were slaughtering the Imperials until the last point on the beach. Most of us actually trying to move the datatapes. I even made it to the extraction point with one and nothing happened. What is the objective here? Do all the tapes have to arrive at the same time or something? Also having real issues with actually grabbing the damn tapes when they dropped. Nothing was happening when I was using the button prompt to pick up. Very frustrating. Anyways, Infiltration seems meh. That last section on the beach is just a meat grinder and seems heavily favored towards the Imperials.

MrDaravon

How the hell am I supposed to get 5 kills with the sonic imploder?

I know that feel

I'm up to two; one was hilariously on a Boba Fett stuck on some rocks, but it's also maybe worth noting that I got it with Jyn's Sonic Imploder, maybe hers is stronger? It definitely counted though towards the Contract as well as the trophy/diorama piece. I have zero idea how I got my second one, I've just more or less been spamming them as much as possible. It's pretty bad.

zedge

Is there something wrong with the dlc? My death star and scarif are locked. When I try to start either one it takes me to the store but for outer rim which is already installed.. uhhh. Dice please.

*edit.

Went to game page and re downloaded them or something, it was quick. Weird.

Zereta

Hmmm its interesting to me the kinda negative reactions to Scarif because I have been having a blast. Yea, its basically 3 ground maps stitched together that makes up the bulk of it but I actually think the map design is fine (minus the getting stuck in geometry) The maps almost seem designed to funnel sections of action before breaking into larger, open firefights. So I get why some bushes can't be passed through but I think it contributes to an interesting type of action flow that feels focused before opening into something crazy frantic. Captures the mood of what I think the movie is going for.

Maybe I'll change my tune once I play it more.

FN-2187

Hmmm its interesting to me the kinda negative reactions to Scarif because I have been having a blast. Yea, its basically 3 ground maps stitched together that makes up the bulk of it but I actually think the map design is fine (minus the getting stuck in geometry) The maps almost seem designed to funnel sections of action before breaking into larger, open firefights. So I get why some bushes can't be passed through but I think it contributes to an interesting type of action flow that feels focused before opening into something crazy frantic. Captures the mood of what I think the movie is going for.

I agree with this.

Frankly this is too similar to Death Star's narrative to be interesting. Plus the maps aren't good. Too much line of sight obstruction and obstacles.

Opposite, find this so much better than Death Star. The more open outside areas creates far more range and obstacles create tons of cover. Much more varied combat than the random close range clusterfuck of the Death Star stuff.

I only got to play three rounds so maybe my opinion will change, but based on my current order of enjoyment for large maps these seem to fit in near the bottom.

Large maps from favorite to least favorite.

Judland Wastes
Cloud City
Sorosuub Refinery
Forest Moon
Graveyard of Giants
Outpost Beta
Twilight on Hoth
Survivors of Endor

What are the names of the three ground maps in Scarif?

5taquitos

Played my first round, I enjoyed it! We won handily as the Rebels. It's really cool seeing those Corvettes charge in during the space part.

Walking through foliage fucking sucks though.

Played my first round, I enjoyed it! We won handily as the Rebels. It's really cool seeing those Corvettes charge in during the space part.

Walking through foliage fucking sucks though.
It works on Endor because of the variations in elevation. These maps are flat as a pancake.

pacman85

Same.

Yep, I'm in the same boat.
Wasn't feeling it at first, but the more I play, the more I'm starting to like the new map(s).
Still don't like the first phase of Infiltration though, that part is a snooze fest.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Textures are broken locked to low or something.

Fuck the post launch patch quality and bug stability for this game has been atrocious.

Carm

Quick question, until tonight I had only played fighter squadron mode, at the beginning of the year. Trying some of the 40p modes now and my question is , have load times on PS4 always been this bad to load into the map?

mnemonicj

I need to get back into this game. I never bought the season pass so I probably do not have access to any dlc. Is the vanilla game still active?

Lulu23

So after being disappointed by every DLC until now, there's no Pro patch and the new DLC update breaks everything. I really shouldn't have bought the Season Pass.

The only worthwhile DLC for me were the free Walker Assault maps. :(

Arttemis

Holy shit, coming from Titanfall 2, this game is a huge step back. Going from running on walls to to bring unable to roll sideways because the new maps incorrectly register the terrain as an obstacle. Everything is so slow, and team cohesion is completely absent.

GeeTeeCee

Holy shit, coming from Titanfall 2, this game is a huge step back. Going from running on walls to to bring unable to roll sideways because the new maps incorrectly register the terrain as an obstacle. Everything is so slow, and team cohesion is completely absent.

Funnily enough, I was playing the Titanfall 2 free weekend, and even though I spent a decent amount of time with the first game, the trial left me completely cold. Compared to Battlefront the battles felt so small and sterile. I think with the exception of Overwatch I can't go back to multiplayer games with small team sizes anymore.

Toa TAK

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks that these tropical surroundings lack the graphical fidelity Endor had?
Nope, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The foliage doesn't look anywhere near as good as Endor. Really, though, the whole DLC doesn't look as nice as it could've. Especially Jyn and Krennick's models.

Am I the only one who thinks that these tropical surroundings lack the graphical fidelity Endor had?

Yeah, it looks fairly samey and flat. Green, yellow and blue with very little else in between.

Nope, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The foliage doesn't look anywhere near as good as Endor. Really, though, the whole DLC doesn't look as nice as it could've. Especially Jyn and Krennick's models.

Haha, we know graphics have come a long way if this is considered samey and flat.
Personally I think it looks great. In some parts of the maps the lighting is phenomenal and they really nailed the tropical feel imo.

Haha, we know graphics have come a long way if this is considered samey and flat.
Personally I think it looks great. In some parts of the maps the lighting is phenomenal and they really nailed the tropical feel imo.

The detail of the terrain is nowhere near what they did with the base game, which we know they did a ton of research for at the actual forests. Those textures are amazing still, while the jungle terrain here is really simplistic in comparison, the leaves of the plants are nowhere near the same quality. Feels like these new Jungle assets were created on a much more constrained budget. Endor and such had almost photo realism look, these palm leaves and foilage just look super fake in comparison.

It's painfully obvious that the DLC was made by less than 15 people. They did good for their budget and size, but even compared to Death Star this isn't great, and Death Star had a few more people working on it.

That said, I think Bespin is the best DLC they've done. It added two great maps, Cloud City and Administrator's Palace, and two decent maps.

5taquitos

Frankly they should have never done a Rogue One pack to begin with. It's fun, but they were obviously constrained both creatively by Lucasfilm/Disney and financially.

There was still lots that could have been done with strictly OT settings and characters. The following locations were mentioned in the OT movies (like Sullust) and could have been awesome to see:

Dantooine
Ord Mantell
Kessel

For heroes we still could have had fucking Obi-Wan, General Veers (who could probably have had a lot of Krennic's abilities), the remaining bounty hunters (IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM), maybe even Yoda.

Rogue One just feels like a very underwhelming way to end the season pass and this game's legacy.

Edit: Not to mention the Battle of Endor with the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star 2, the Emperor's Throne Room, Mos Eisley Cantina....

Edit 2: I will say that I really like the shoretrooper models

Rogue One makes lots of sense to sell copies and DLC though being close to the movie release. Folks were all saying they expected Rogue One, they kinda had to do a Rogue One release

Nemic77

Battle of Endor with the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star 2, the Emperor's Throne Room, Mos Eisley Cantina....

These hurt the most. They left a lot unexplored in the planets they chose.

In the end, the DLC packs feel like they lack a bit in content. The maps are fine for the most part, but in these 2 last packs I really felt like they were scraping the barrel financially or in man power. I mean, 2 pistols? 1 star card? 1 new vehicle? Death Star also saw the potential for new vehicles, only for them to be AI controlled.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
well great

now i feel like skipping put on this pack too

pretty thankful now that i didnt get the season pass and just got bespin

MrDaravon

I think I'm actually going to hit 100 before I get 5 Sonic Imploder kills LOL

Infiltration is completely impossible as the Rebels in the last phase unless the Imperial team is the most incompetent team of all time. The last little push is just practically impossible, still have only seen it done once and that was by the complete and utter monster team that stopped us as the Rebels in the first phase which I also still haven't seen again either. Was just on a Rebel team that crushed them the first two phases, made it to the last phase with like 15-16 minutes left, and then spent 99% of that with the datatapes all sitting within 50 meters of the ship. I LOVE the idea of this mode, it's just super dumb right now.

LoveCake

Infiltration is completely impossible as the Rebels in the last phase unless the Imperial team is the most incompetent team of all time. The last little push is just practically impossible, still have only seen it done once and that was by the complete and utter monster team that stopped us as the Rebels in the first phase which I also still haven't seen again either. Was just on a Rebel team that crushed them the first two phases, made it to the last phase with like 15-16 minutes left, and then spent 99% of that with the datatapes all sitting within 50 meters of the ship. I LOVE the idea of this mode, it's just super dumb right now.

I have just played as Empire on Infiltration and it's too easy for the Rebels, we just got spanked!

EDIT Just played as Rebels and we couldn't plant the explosives on the cargo :(

Toa TAK

Banned
Bliineded by the liiight.

DsMXiDn.gif

I feel your pain. Only one kill I had was legit in that someone just walked right over it as I was killed and they died. Then I threw another during the final phase of Infiltration at random and someone died from it but it counted as FOUR kills, finishing that part of my contract. Thank God.

Oh man, this is why I just jumped into games where it had me as Imperials to get the 10 wins achievement. It's almost a guarantee.

Top Bottom