• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Experien

Have you tried to re-install the season pass thing?

I went into the store and tried to re-DL everything I could and didn't fix anything. Scariff is also not listed on the store (don't know if it should be) so maybe we have to wait until night time with the rest of the store update?

MrDaravon

Yeah it's broken for everyone right now apparently. You can re-install the individual DLC's which fixes those but Scarif isn't up on the store yet. Will be mildly annoyed if this isn't fixable until the store update goes live tonight. At least you can start earning XP towards 100 now I suppose.

Ozorov

Same here. Lot's of people reporting same problem as well.

I went into the store and tried to re-DL everything I could and didn't fix anything. Scariff is also not listed on the store (don't know if it should be) so maybe we have to wait until night time with the rest of the store update?

Yeah it's broken for everyone right now apparently. You can re-install the individual DLC's which fixes those but Scarif isn't up on the store yet. Will be mildly annoyed if this isn't fixable until the store update goes live tonight. At least you can start earning XP towards 100 now I suppose.
Wouldnt be a dice patch / dlc without some bugs, would it? ;)

MrDaravon

It's almost worth it not working right now just to see people on reddit losing their fucking shit. "I planned my whole day around this fuck you EA!" IT'S 9 AM EST RIGHT NOW JESUS

Toa TAK

Banned
lol I'm just gonna wait to jump on when it's working/in the store.

Class got cancelled today so I've got no rush (plus it's barely 6:20 am).

Arttemis

Poodoo. I was hoping to see some Scariff action this morning after seeing the update install.

Oh well, back to Titanfall 2 and Rocket League.

MADGAME

I downloaded the update before I left for work, but before it installed. I hope when I fire it up later it works. Will be 8 hours before I can play.

Watching all the Reddit rage posts like
jfep.gif

MrDaravon

As an aside I honestly think Disruption is dead IMO; the 1.5 second delay until it actually activates is huge and prevents the OH SHIT activation of it completely. I'm sure it will still have some good use if done smartly before going into rooms etc, but it has to be used much much more strategically now. I am pleased.

MADGAME

So did multiple heroes in Walker Assault.
Touché good sir. Only hope is that this is a problem day one, multiple hero glitch was found out some time after it's respective patch. Oh well, watch out for Lando.

EDIT:WTF There's already a level 100 here??
Maybe a dev, did they have an asterisk in their name on the scoreboard? If so, kill them and get the Bo Rifle!

MrDaravon

I'm not going to lie, I'm really not feeling this right now. The jungle aesthetic is very pleasing visually, but makes ground combat an unbelievable shitshow of getting constantly killed by people two feet away from you that you would have had no way of seeing. Also if you got frustrated by constantly getting stuck on geometry in other maps hold onto your butts because this takes it to a whole other level.

Zereta

Digging Scarif a lot, particularly Infiltration Mode. Holding off those datapad carriers till the very end coming from all sides is a monumentally stressful (and awesome!) feeling.

I'm pumped for the movie too so mission accomplished I suppose.

I will say, I get stuck on geometry a lot and there are times where I feel like I should be able to walk through some bushes but it's a wall. Its weird and jarring when it happens.

MrDaravon

Digging Scarif a lot, particularly Infiltration Mode. Holding off those datapad carriers till the very end coming from all sides is a monumentally stressful (and awesome!) feeling.

I'm pumped for the movie too so mission accomplished I suppose.

I will say, I get stuck on geometry a lot and there are times where I feel like I should be able to walk through some bushes but it's a wall. Its weird and jarring when it happens.

In Infiltration do you know if all of the data carriers have to make it, or just one? I haven't seen a team make it even close with just one.

Also it could just be the teams I've had this morning (to be fair the most hardcore of hardcore are on right now), but Turning Point on Scarif is the most hilariously lopsided map and mode I think I've seen in the game. Literally haven't had a match last more than 3-4 minutes tops, it's actually pretty funny.

Zereta

In Infiltration do you know if all of the data carriers have to make it, or just one? I haven't seen a team make it even close with just one.

Also it could just be the teams I've had this morning (to be fair the most hardcore of hardcore are on right now), but Turning Point on Scarif is the most hilariously lopsided map and mode I think I've seen in the game. Literally haven't had a match last more than 3-4 minutes tops, it's actually pretty funny.

Only one Datapad has to make it, like how only one U-Wing has to make it through during the first phase.

I've had both wins and losses on both sides. Its a fun little game to play when you're on Rebel side, spreading the pads out and trying to spread the Empire out so that one might slip through. A good Empire team can really lock it down though. My last game for the morning, we held them off completely but for the last 4 minutes, all 3 data pads were so near the extraction point, it was tense.

Only played Turning Point once this morning, both sides. We won both times. Must have just been a good team but it didn't feel lopsided to me.

So I guess that whole "Season Pass Playlist" idea fizzled out.

This would be awesome. Its not particularly difficult to just back out to each DLC's playlist but having them all in one hopper to cycle through would be bomb. I rarely play vanilla Battlefront just because I like the DLC modes so much.

Now that Ultimate Edition is out, wonder how long till they roll the DLC maps into the regular rotation. Think its about time

MrDaravon

Yeah, I thinking games are so lopsided right now because the absolute diehards are all on right now, almost every game one team has 2-4 people that have completely absurd K/Ds. I just lost my first match of Infiltration and they completely and utterly slaughtered us (and the map on the last phase seemed different, does which fighter gets blown up determine that or something?), then the next round that same team straight up stopped us from clearing the first phase in space which is insane given how much of a gimmie that phase is.

I'd consider myself a bit above average but I cannot hang with these 50-5+ dudes I'm getting every game at the moment lol.

I like the DLC so far, but once one team gets their stuff together then its game over. I haven't played a match where either side gets the tapes to the end. Its a massacre from the Imperials during that phase.

MrDaravon

Also a Season Pass/All DLC playlist and/or integration with vanilla playlists was never an option, the DLC's have different playercounts for modes; WA in Vanilla is 20v20, but in Bespin and Scarif it's 16v16 for example.

5taquitos

Also a Season Pass/All DLC playlist and/or integration with vanilla playlists was never an option, the DLC's have different playercounts for modes; WA in Vanilla is 20v20, but in Bespin and Scarif it's 16v16 for example.

Doesn't mean it couldn't through you back into a matchmaking pool after a round.

1. Select Season Pass playlist
2. Get matched into random DLC mode.
3. Play mode.
4. Return to matchmaking.
5. Get matched into random DLC mode.

Obviously not perfect, but a far sight better than what we have now (nothing).

GeeTeeCee

Anyone see word on the VR Mission?

Any word in particular? I'm downloading it off the PSN store (UK) as I type this, and I won't have a PSVR until Christmas...

Strange that there's Walker Assault and Turning Point on Scarif but no Supremacy. Blast is also 32 players according to the menu. Weird.

Top Bottom