• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
ZPpVdeg.png

They showed this family and then started playing Yub Nub, I can't decide if this is fucked up or not.

[edit]

Best costume.
s4xtIMe.png

Watch Star Wars: Rebels

I've seen Rebels. I'm pointing out that I don't recall them preceding the X-Wings until Rebels had mixed up the chronology. I'm not hating on it, I'm just curious when the change happened, and why on the part of the creative staff. We haven't even seen the X-Wings in Rebels yet. I'm assuming that when they do end up making an appearance on the show that it will be treated as a big deal.

Seigyoku

DJ Elliot you are awesome at Disney World and the set is saw as DJ LOBOT was great but everything playing before the Heroines panel is giving me a headache.

DodgerSan

I've seen Rebels. I'm pointing out that I don't recall them preceding the X-Wings until Rebels had mixed up the chronology. I'm not hating on it, I'm just curious when the change happened, and why on the part of the creative staff. We haven't even seen the X-Wings in Rebels yet. I'm assuming that when they do end up making an appearance on the show that it will be treated as a big deal.

I think big deal is pretty accurate. Maybe they'll tease them at the Rebels S4 panel?

Also they could be s well established fighter by now, we just haven't seen them as the Rebels haven't acquired them yet. Or maybe another cell we haven't seen has them. I'm interested to see how the story of their acquisition will differ in the new canon.

Toa TAK

Banned
That was an awesome intro

EDIT:

"Today we'll celebrate the women of Star Wars! Our first guest?

A MAN"

EDIT 2: You better watch your ass, Filoni, you're outnumbered. No character death talk allowed here.

Einchy

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm working hard in California. :mad:

I'd buy a Filoni action figure.

EDIT: What the fuck, they booted Ridley and they show a short for HER character? :O

Einchy

I'd be more excited for these if the art style didn't look like it came straight out of Newgrounds.

Kalentan

If Luke has changed this much in 30 years I want to see why, I don't just want him or someone else to tell me why. Especially when I was led to believe the galaxy was in a good place at the end of Return of the Jedi. I still don't know why everything went so poorly. And that makes it hard to emotionally connect to what's going on here. If I'm supposed to care that Luke wants the Jedi to end, I better see an exceptional justification for that.

The Saga, through all 7 films, has indicated to me the importance of the Jedi and the light side. It has shown that, although the Jedi are imperfect, they need to be there for the good of the galaxy. That the Jedi Order can be changed for the better. By the end of the first 6, we are taught of the importance of family. Luke does the most powerful thing anyone has every done in the Star Wars universe. He redeems Anakin and pulls him back from the Dark Side. He does this because of the love for his father. The Jedi literally took children from their parents to train them. This is a huge reversal of policy from Episode 1. (I also have a lot of thoughts on what the hell family actually means in the Star Wars universe, but that's a slightly different tangent.)

At the start of 7, we learn that the Skywalker family is broken up. Luke, Han, and Leia are all living separate lives, and the latest in the Skywalker line has fallen to the dark side. By the end Han tries to help his son, redeem him with love, but is killed by him instead. It seems like the characters learned nothing or all the wrong lessons since that celebration at the end of Jedi. What exactly went wrong here? What did Luke do so wrong. And why has it led him to believe that the Jedi need to end? And how the hell do we know it will stick? If Jedi's ending is unraveled by the same drama that plagued the Skywalker family through Episodes 1-6, what will be so new and great about this Not-Jedi Order?

I go back to the fact that Luke brought Anakin back from the Dark Side. This is a monumental moment for the Jedi and the Force. It's a huge step forward. It indicates a fundamental rethinking of how to use the Force. But the Jedi aren't ending here, there isn't something new created, it's actually the return of the Jedi. Yet, just 30 years later, it's all gone downhill. And Luke is now calling for a huge shift in what it means to be a force user, so much so that it can't be called Jedi anymore.

Yes 8 will answer these things (hopefully), but it feels like a miscalculation that more hasn't been established at this point. I can only guess there is something else unprecedented going on in the galaxy. In spite of the fact that 7 established everything that happened before in Star Wars is happening again, there must be something far different than what happened in the first 6.

I agree with this. I like the teaser but now I'm starting to become skeptical on the path they're taking. I just fear what makes Star Wars, Star Wars in the process.

AndersK

LTTP and stuff, but I thought I'd gotten my feelings checked regarding Carrier Fisher. Just saw the tribute...nope. You Fantastical rascal.

zeemumu

That can probably be chalked up as part of the Imperial culture. It was largely made up of non-believers and folks who believed that the Empire was the end all be all of galactic civilization. There were a couple of Rebels episodes that referenced this, like when Tarkin insisted that the Jedi and their culture were gone, and when one of the admirals expressed his distrust of the "mystics" referring to the Empire's use of Inquisitors.

But something like that generally takes more than 20 years.

I know I've harped on the over-use of the Force theme in these trailers but I really really dig the arrangement for the title card.

It's basically "OHHHH FUUUUUUCK" translated into musical notation.

And then the hints of gregorian chanting... *chef's kiss*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom