• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being pretty excited to see what Drew Struzan cooked up for the TFA Celebration-exclusive poster - and then being sorta disappointed/underwhelmed by what got released.

I wish Phil Noto was doing all the promotional artwork for these movies. He's fucking perfect for it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The EW thing better be hours worth of videos of Daisy and Mark doing bits.
I kinda stunted the first teaser poster for Ep. I into TFA last year too.

poetry

Had that as my wallpaper for a while, such a cool shot.

If I remember correctly Underworld was gonna be predominantly inbetween the PT and OT but there was an interview with a dude who claimed to have read a script about Sheev as a young man. Seemed like an anthology show taking place all around the SW timeline. I think it could work as something appealing to a wide age group, animation for adults has been getting more popular lately.

I've been saying this for awhile. If they could remake the Star Wars prequel trilogy as an animated companion to Clone Wars/Rebels, I think alot of people could come aboard, as more and more adults today watch adult animated shows like Bojack Horseman and Archer. At the very least, I think it would generate interest, just to see if it could be done, and to compare both works with each other. I personally would be interested in what directorial decisions would be made in a revised Obi Wan/Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul sequence by the same team that did Clone Wars.

And if you did wind up with a superior product, I can't see what the controversy would be, given that much of the story (or at least the core elements of Lucas' prequel story) would remain unmodified.

I bet if anyone sneaks a fuckin Gungan into the Sequel Trilogy it'll be him.

A gungan & an ewok.

At a bar.

And if you did wind up with a superior product, I can't see what the controversy would be, given that much of the story (or at least the core elements of Lucas' prequel story) would remain unmodified.

There'd be no controversy because they're never gonna do this. There's no reason to. The percentage of the fanbase that thinks those movies need "redeeming" isn't large enough for anyone involved to even consider doing it.

We were bullshitting about it earlier in the thread. (shit, this thread got long, didn't it. Damn.)

If it's another con-exclusive Struzan poster then maybe this time we'll get an awkwardly placed Luke Skywalker.
I remember being pretty excited to see what Drew Struzan cooked up for the TFA Celebration-exclusive poster - and then being sorta disappointed/underwhelmed by what got released.

I wish Phil Noto was doing all the promotional artwork for these movies. He's fucking perfect for it.
Him or Paolo Rivera would be great.

It's basically a question of whether they wanna let Netflix handle distribution, or whether they want it on ABC. Or, depending on what age range they're aiming in, whether it's gonna go on Disney XD.

But it's gonna be a Disney owned outlet.

Oh god. ABC would be terrible. For me, I'm thinking of AMC or FX being the absolute low bar in terms of where it be aired. I don't think you'd need a show where people's limbs are being chopped off, but rarely do you get anything good or thoughtfully woven on national networks.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Seconded.
phil-noto-star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-159863.jpg

Just add an eensy-winsy bit more detail to the characters and he'd be all set.

Oh god. ABC would be terrible. For me, I'm thinking of AMC or FX being the absolute low bar .

They're never letting Star Wars out of the family. They've got a deal with Netflix, and they've got multiple networks to place the show.

It'll show up either on a Disney-owned channel, or Netflix will pay to distribute what they make.

That'd be pretty on the nose.

Then again, it was the very first thing I heard in my head, so actually hearing it on the soundtrack to close out the trailer would probably insta-chills

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
That's someone's avatar here, right?

Daft Cat?

What's up with Lady Bison in the corner and the bootleg Firefly on the left, Jesus.

The effort and art is admirable, but this dude really should have waited til the second trailer of TFA instead of tracing random google pics and manips.

They're never letting Star Wars out of the family. They've got a deal with Netflix, and they've got multiple networks to place the show.

It'll show up either on a Disney-owned channel, or Netflix will pay to distribute what they make.

Could Netflix produce a Star Wars series? They already have an impressive stable of original shows. And Sense8 has some of the most impressive production values I've seen in a television show, period. If they could line their ducks in a row and make a Star Wars show happen, it could potentially bring in Game of Thrones numbers for Netflix.

A Star Wars show on ABC would come across looking like a cheap cash grab. But Netflix, it would have a more seeming air of prestige to it, that it had writers that cared for its product. You don't get that with Agents of Shield. If AoS were on Netflix, I think you'd have tighter story lines and character development.

My first time to SWCE was so chill other than getting up real early to catch the first train to the other side of London. Wanted to get the Future Filmmakers panel, got a screened version instead because everything was fuckin' gone by the time I got there, walked around the con, looked at cool shit, realised I didn't wanna buy anything and just started hanging out by the Star Wars Show for the rest of the day.

Apparently Kathleen Kennedy got pizza for all the peeps staying overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom