• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So um I'm not entirely sure how security even deals with this cause everyone heading over at 8 is gonna use the main entrance and the queue is set up at some weird side entrance.

That side entrance everyone is lined up for is actually the main security check point. Everyone has to go through it to get in and before they can get into the queue for wrist bands too. This is also the main entrance in the morning every day of the con until the morning queue is cleared for the main hall, after that they are opening another security check point entrance at the rosen centre sky bridge entrance, and the main foyer lobby in the middle.

The con is looking like a mess already, forcing people to go the furthest away entrance from the actual con floor to get in during the mornings to get inside.

Seigyoku

I'm not heading over until people can actually walk inside I'm not waiting outside lol.

This. Though man, I am bone tired, and annoyed at BF who was never planning on coming tonight (fine) but is like "So if the Hall opens at 10 I can show up then right?" and I'm like YOU GET TO SLEEP IN A BED, you should be here by 5 AM.

*growls*

And our hotel wi-fi is shit. Current mood, extremely crappy.

I have no idea where they plan on taking that line, cause the skywalk it's on goes straight into the Plaza hotel, and I dont think security is gonna appreciate that

Ridisc

Banned
It isn't very good tbh

None of them are, but I cant blame them outright as filling an entire year with episodes when there is nothing but speculation to talk about sans actual info is hard, its fine this time of year where there is actual content but otherwise not so good.

This. Though man, I am bone tired, and annoyed at BF who was never planning on coming tonight (fine) but is like "So if the Hall opens at 10 I can show up then right?" and I'm like YOU GET TO SLEEP IN A BED, you should be here by 5 AM.

*growls*

And our hotel wi-fi is shit. Current mood, extremely crappy.

What hotel are you at?

Toa TAK

Banned
None of them are, but I cant blame them outright as filling an entire year with episodes when there is nothing but speculation to talk about sans actual info is hard, its fine this time of year where there is actual content but otherwise not so good.

That was a (poorly done) joke my bro.

I dig Full of Sith (when Bobby links an ep on here).

Hyatt Place that is supposed to be 15 min walk away, but I don't believe that for a second. I love my BF and he's a genius at travel typically, but I don't know what the hell he was thinking with this hotel.

Is that father than the Hilton? Cause it's about a 15 minute walk for me.

Also official statement from the OCCC on the queue:

https://mobile.twitter.com/occc/status/852285586362826756

Basically "lol too late it's happened"

None of them are, but I cant blame them outright as filling an entire year with episodes when there is nothing but speculation to talk about sans actual info is hard

There are a lot of Star Wars podcasts that don't focus on news or speculation or spoilers or any of that shit. One of the best (Star Wars Minute) doesn't really cover it at all.

It's not like a shows worth is solely determined by its utility as a news service.

(Also, pretty sure Toa was being facetious)

Ridisc

Banned
That was a (poorly done) joke my bro.

I dig Full of Sith (when Bobby links an ep on here).

Ah, I listened to most podcasts a few years back in the build up to tfa and found them well spirited, well intentioned but just not for me. Ill delve back in come celebration because I genuinely love trailer talk, the RFR episodes with Sam Witwer deconstructing the tfa trailers were my favourites.

Celebration VI was so simple compared to this lol

So are people allowed to wait outside after they close at midnight? If not, what's stopping people from sorta hanging around at any given time before they reopen at 5? If they didn't try to control THIS from happening...

So are people allowed to wait outside after they close at midnight? If not, what's stopping people from sorta hanging around at any given time before they reopen at 5? If they didn't try to control THIS from happening...

People aren't even sure they'll actually stop people from joining the queue after midnight so.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. So I might sleep and come by between 3 and 4 maybe.

People need to stop saying that they got into the TFA panel at Anaheim when joining at 5 AM cause the room for that was double the size if I remember correctly. I'm thinking about doing the same though.

People need to stop saying that they got into the TFA panel at Anaheim when joining at 5 AM cause the room for that was double the size if I remember correctly. I'm thinking about doing the same though.

I just don't want to get over there at like 3am and be turned away, go back to hotel then walk back again 30 minutes later.

Anyone know if DSLR cameras are allowed?

Nah, only these.

KodakAquat_300x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom