• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Tonight's the night we finally get the film that changed the world forever, released in its original unaltered glory on Blu-Ray.

I am of course referring to,

The Star Wars Holiday Special

If they included the rifftrax as a commentary track, I'd be on fucking board

edit: shit, it'd probably be missing the commercial bits though - aka the BEST part of the riff

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new, Disney-produced box-set of something for the 40th (closer to Christmas) and that is actually on it.

Ridisc

Banned
Im not sure you can beat last years trailer in terms of hype and delivery, really did nail it.

I think you can make a better trailer in isolation, but not a better moment.

Surfinn

Im not sure you can beat last years trailer in terms of hype and delivery, really did nail it.

It truly was magic but I'm confident this trailer will have the same kind of magic.

Line rumor going around is cutoff for getting into the live panel is 2400 people and the guy two rows in front is around 1700 so I should be in.

This is probably true. Han Solo being well, Han Solo for the first time in 32 years is probably unbeatable as far as moments go.

Surfinn

Yeah I'm thinking it's gunna be just the cover, but our first image of TLJ. That's what I'm sticking with. Hopefully it's not less than that but if not we're down to hours anyway.

Ridisc

Banned
I wonder if Williams has another Duel of the fates knockout in him, been listening to SW music for the last 2 hours.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You may laugh now, but there will be tears when you see the story of how Dexter used his diner as the last sanctuary for what remains of the Jedi order, as he takes one final stand against the Empire

I smell an Oscar winner here.

I always thought Dexter was Lucas' self-insert.

You know, since he was serving people 3 movies worth of shit.

dVDJiez.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
You may laugh now, but there will be tears when you see the story of how Dexter used his diner as the last sanctuary for what remains of the Jedi order, as he takes one final stand against the Empire

I smell an Oscar winner here.

Like in the visual effects category, right?

Surfinn

"George, come out from under the counter"
"No, I'm gonna direct the whole thing from right here."
"At least sit on the stoo--"
"Right here, thanks"
"I know let's use green screen for an entire movie and generate everything on the computer. That way we can film fights in molten magma"

Oh wait

Choral arrangement of The Jedi Steps.

If you believe hard enough, it will happen.

I bet the Jedi Steps ends up being the "Rey & Luke" theme, sorta like how Williams came up with Han & the Princess for Empire. Or maybe even the replacement Luke theme, since his theme has become the all-purpose "Star Wars" music

Same as how Ben's theme isn't even really Ben's theme anymore, it's basically "Whenever anything remotely uplifting happens, hit the Force music" now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I know you meant aesthetically but there's also comedy in the notion that weird motherfucker and his crumbcatcher were so off-putting you stopped believing in God.

I knew God was dead when this happened.
VmFmd2n.gif

A God who loved us who never allow this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom