• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I love Jedi Steps so much. A great piece of work that I wish was just a lil bit longer before the Star Wars theme kicks in.

I knew God was dead when this happened.
VmFmd2n.gif

A God who loved us who never allow this to happen.
Dexter is clearly hugging Jesus there.

GOD LIVES.

I knew God was dead when this happened.
VmFmd2n.gif

A God who loved us who never allow this to happen.

A thing I'd never noticed until you posted the gif

What is going on with Dexter's hand there in the right

I love Jedi Steps so much. A great piece of work that I wish was just a lil bit longer before the Star Wars theme kicks in.

I doubt Williams leaves that theme alone for Episode 8. I just don't see him leaving that gold on the table. He's gonna spin something out of it.

I bet the Jedi Steps ends up being the "Rey & Luke" theme, sorta like how Williams came up with Han & the Princess for Empire. Or maybe even the replacement Luke theme, since his theme has become the all-purpose "Star Wars" music

Same as how Ben's theme isn't even really Ben's theme anymore, it's basically "Whenever anything remotely uplifting happens, hit the Force music" now.

It's a sound idea, but I seem to recall a Williams interview where he stated that it was pretty much just a one-off motif made for the end of TFA. Which is a shame, because the concert suite is delectable.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Being serious, I always wondered what happens if you're a normal dude in the SW universe that dies. We know Jedi turn into ghosts, but has an afterlife ever been suggested?

pxleyes

Banned
Riam arrived in town today. Apparently some mutual friends sat next to him on the flight and didn't have a clue who he was. When he got off the plane, he was mobbed by people all the way out of the terminal.

I'm still half-expecting it to show up in the trailer because it's hella recognizable and thus, marketable. Hell, they already did that with this TV spot for TFA that hit like a month prior to release.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Specifically, I remember the fandom slowly realizing that for the first time in the marketing since the initial teaser, we were actually getting Williams.

And then people were trying to figure out who's theme it was for a month.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Specifically, I remember the fandom slowly realizing that for the first time in the marketing since the initial teaser, we were actually getting Williams.

And then people were trying to figure out who's theme it was for a month.

I remember it as one of the few times that ABC actually fucking delivered on one of their fucking teases *shakes fist*

I love you for this

8nGQoZq.gif

Kalentan

I do hope overall that the music is more memorable than in TFA. While there were some good tracks, overall I never felt like I wanted to go back and listen to any of it. Whereas I like listening stuff from both the PT and OT.

Battle of the Heroes, Duels of the Fates and the such are the shit. More of that, imho.

Rey's theme sounds too Harry Potter-ish. The Falcon is the best track in the movie and really harkened back to Star Wars as I knew it as a kid.

I will say this though, Rey's theme intertwines well with Lukes in the credits. Quite the work of a master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom