• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
6ByG7Xq.gif

Boem

Just watched that Carrie tribute again.

Man. Beautiful.

So happy they didn't do the corporate thing and clean it up a bit by taking some of her dirtier jokes out. This was who she was.

I'll admit I got a bit teary eyed during that entire thing when it was happening live.

That Boba clip was great such a shame they couldn't complete it. When they were teasing it I really thought they were announcing the full episodes would be uploaded but alas

You can tell Anakin and Palpatine were evil bastards as soon as you see they're the type of people who talk during a live opera performance

Utter pricks

Boke1879

How much information/insight do you think we'll get on episode 8 tomorrow

We'll just get like an overview of what it was like to work on it. Probably get introduced to the new faces. Maybe some hints as to what's going on. But not much will be revealed. We're only getting a teaser trailer.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Asked this before, but can we reasonably expect any Han Solo spin-off news during the event? There doesn't appear to be an appropriate panel for it.

Asked this before, but can we reasonably expect any Han Solo spin-off news during the event? There doesn't appear to be an appropriate panel for it.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much. If there was a time or place to talk about that or the Obi-Wan spinoff, the 40 Years panel would have been it.

Boke1879

Personally I'm not expecting it. I think they are shooting? and this year seems to clearly all about the 40th anniversary+Last Jedi. If anything we'll get info on that movie later this year/early next year.

How much information/insight do you think we'll get on episode 8 tomorrow

Well it's an hour and a half long so they're gonna have to spill some beans. I expect them to go into what the First Order and Resistance are up to without focusing too much on what Luke and Rey are doing. If I remember correctly, Johnson said he didn't want to keep his cards quite as close to his chest as they did for TFA so I think they'll be willing to talk a bit more.

Kelly will be introduced too. I expect we'll get her character's name.

I thought it would be in the 40th anniversary panel if we were going to get anything. I'm guessing nothing at the event now.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much. If there was a time or place to talk about that or the Obi-Wan spinoff, the 40 Years panel would have been it.

I don't think the 40 years panel was a place to talk about films that don't even exist yet.

If it comes up, it'll come up if there's a space for Lord/Miller to talk about Han & Lando. I don't know that such a thing is scheduled, but I bet it gets addressed at some point on one of those stages.

Plagueis is Anakins father confirmed.
Well it's an hour and a half long so they're gonna have to spill some beans. I expect them to go into what the First Order and Resistance are up to without focusing too much on what Luke and Rey are doing. If I remember correctly, Johnson said he didn't want to keep his cards quite as close to his chest as they did for TFA so I think they'll be willing to talk a bit more.

Kelly will be introduced too. I expect we'll get her character's name.
Dope, really looking forward to it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, there's no future film panel.

I wonder if they're just not going to talk about the Han Solo movie.

Boem

Yeah as soon as George came on stage and it became apparent that it was going to be a dedication for him, it was obvious they weren't going to do any of the new movie stuff.

Which is especially good since ending it on Carrie was just wonderful and very much needed. Showing a commercial for a new product after that wouldn't have worked at all. There's a time and a place for everything, and that was Carrie's time.

SpaceWolf

Banned
There's like 3 more days of this thing

This is true, it's just that looking at all the scheduled panels, there doesn't seem like there would be any natural place to make such an announcement. Sort of agree with everyone else that the 40th-anniversary opener seemed like the best fit for it, although that could very well be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom