• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C9TK5Y4UwAAah2Y.jpg

GavinUK86

What were they showing when it was dark? Curious if they were obligated not to show what was show above?

Footage of an unfinished cut episode featuring Cad Bane and Boba Fett shooting stuff. It was like the Clone Wars episodes they released after the show was canned.

And they didn't show us anything, no concept art or anything. I think they're just lazy. Got the camera set up right and fuck people not there.

Wait, I got it!

The GAF Star Wars Podcast has to be a hour-long weekly celebration of all the best parts of Star Wars.

I'm talking Boss Nass, Ponda Baba, Kit Fisto, Watto, the Jizz band, Dexter Jettster, trade federations, midichlorians, younglings, the Holiday Special, fucking ALL OF IT.

Don't forget Jira, the old lady who tells little Ani Skywalker there's a storm coming.

Tik-Tok

Footage of an unfinished cut episode featuring Cad Bane and Boba Fett shooting stuff. It was like the Clone Wars episodes they released after the show was canned.

And they didn't show us anything, no concept art or anything. I think they're just lazy. Got the camera set up right and fuck people not there.

How hard is it to hook the feed up to a video switcher and change the feed to the same one thats pumping in to the auditorium??
(Answer: Not hard at all)

Help! Can anyone who has been to one of these give me an idea of what the experience is like on days AFTER day 1?

I'm debating driving about 3 hours and showing up on Friday or Sunday, but I don't know what it's like at all. I've looked at the events schedule and it mostly seems fairly pedestrian after day 1. No scheduled events or appearances with any of the main actors outside of Hamill speaking on Sunday.

Do any of the actors have scheduled autograph sessions or anything like that? Odds of catching a glimpse (or photo) and exchanging pleasantries with anyone meaningful?

7 hours of driving solo is a lot for me, so I'd really like to know what I'd be getting myself into.

anyone? :(

SpaceWolf

Banned
I liked that Clone Wars scene, but I'm not sure I dig the characterization of a Boba Fett "always fighting for those in need", nor as a guy who tries to save innocent people. Even as a younger guy, I always saw Boba as something of an amoral, self-serving drifter.

Perhaps it was for the best they never got to do that particular storyline.

Hey guys, remember when Celebration hid the presence of John Williams from the audience for an entire panel until after an amazing tribute video played and then they brought the lights up and he conducted a symphony through a heartbreaking performance of Princess Leia's theme, probably the most beautiful single piece of music he's ever written?

Remember that?

sku_001_04.png

I liked that Clone Wars scene, but I'm not sure I dig the characterization of a Boba Fett "always fighting for those in need", nor as a guy who tries to save innocent people. Even as a younger guy, I always saw Boba as something of an amoral, self-serving drifter.

Well I imagine
getting shot in the head
probably places a dent in that sort of life perspective, I'd imagine.

Hey guys, remember when Celebration hid the presence of John Williams from the audience for an entire panel until after an amazing tribute video played and then they brought the lights up and he conducted a symphony through a heartbreaking performance of Princess Leia's theme, probably the most beautiful single piece of music he's ever written?

Remember that?

sku_001_04.png

No, cause Verizon's stream sucked.

CS_Dan

Help! Can anyone who has been to one of these give me an idea of what the experience is like on days AFTER day 1?

I'm debating driving about 3 hours and showing up on Friday or Sunday, but I don't know what it's like at all. I've looked at the events schedule and it mostly seems fairly pedestrian after day 1. No scheduled events or appearances with any of the main actors outside of Hamill speaking on Sunday.

Do any of the actors have scheduled autograph sessions or anything like that? Odds of catching a glimpse (or photo) and exchanging pleasantries with anyone meaningful?

7 hours of driving solo is a lot for me, so I'd really like to know what I'd be getting myself into.
It's fun attending in a Comic Con kind of way. You see people's costumes and stuff, and there's always smaller things happening. The big events basically require queueing up super early for entry wristbands though. The odds of just randomly bumping into celebs is low - if they're around, they tend to have places to be.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Remember that?

sku_001_04.png
So good that you masturbated to it?

Cystm

I think the idea of him trying to do what he felt was right in his younger days and slowly watching the galaxy swallow up those ideals thus making him the hardened (albeit clumsy) bad ass we know is a compelling direction.

Remember that?

sku_001_04.png

Otherwise known as the moment my internal monologue went from "okay maybe I'd fine with no reveals here" to "HOLY SHIT FUCK REVEALS MY LIFE IS COMPLETE ALSO I AM CRYING"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom