• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wish Harrison Ford cared more about the whole Star Wars thing, I would love to see him do one of these panels.

I don't think the 40 years panel was a place to talk about films that don't even exist yet.

If it comes up, it'll come up if there's a space for Lord/Miller to talk about Han & Lando. I don't know that such a thing is scheduled, but I bet it gets addressed at some point on one of those stages.

Fair enough, I probably should have thrown a "rumored" into my original post.

I think our chances for spin-off talk lie in the hour-long closing ceremony, which traditionally has a history of having no reveals whatsoever, but hey, you never know.

Boem

I wish Harrison Ford cared more about the whole Star Wars thing, I would love to see him do one of these panels.

Yeah, and they should just invite George Lucas as well. I know he's not working on Star Wars anymore but it's been 40 years and he invented it. The guy deserves some respect.

Maybe get some of the old cast to say some nice things about him as well.

Fair enough, I probably should have thrown a "rumored" into my original post.

I think our chances for spin-off talk lie in the hour-long closing ceremony, which traditionally has a history of having no reveals whatsoever, but hey, you never know.
The closing ceremony is filed under "Future of Star Wars" on the Celebration website.

Let's set ourselves up for disappointment over this small tidbit.

The closing ceremony is filed under "Future of Star Wars" on the Celebration website.

Let's set ourselves up for disappointment over this small tidbit.

FhB6bQ5.gif

Yeah, but maybe this year is the year they build on the nothingburger that closing ceremonies usually are to swerve us hard with Han & Lando and Obi-Wan announces!

So there may be a chance that I can still go and work as a crew member!

Turns out my grandmother wasn't happy that I had spent my money for her surgery (she didn't know and I never told her) so she's urging me to go today and get there tomorrow. She and my gramps are paying for it and refuse to not let me accept it.

It would be awesome but I don't know if they'll let me in as a crew member if I come late.

Sorry it's off topic!

Boem

So there may be a chance that I can still go and work as a crew member!

Turns out my grandmother wasn't happy that I had spent my money for her surgery (she didn't know and I never told her) so she's urging me to go today and get there tomorrow.

It would be awesome but I don't know if they'll let me in as a crew member if I come late.

Sorry it's off topic!

Go for it!

(but maybe contact them first and explain the situation, so you won't waste the trip)

They'll need people every day, so you might just be in luck.

Also, good job on taking care of your grandmother.

Einchy

I think he's referencing the fact the "Closing Ceremonies" are classified as belonging to the "Future of Star Wars" programming track.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

Wait, the hype has taken over and now I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get a Han Solo trailer and an Obi-Wan trilogy announced.

Einchy

Funko Pops are kinda whatever but I'd be lying if I said I don't check for this once anytime I come by a Funko Pop stand.
Wo05Zn8l.jpg

GavinUK86

Yeah, and they should just invite George Lucas as well. I know he's not working on Star Wars anymore but it's been 40 years and he invented it. The guy deserves some respect.

Maybe get some of the old cast to say some nice things about him as well.

giphy.gif

Go for it!

(but maybe contact them first and explain the situation, so you won't waste the trip)

They'll need people every day, so you might just be in luck.

Also, good job on taking care of your grandmother.
I tried contacting them but haven't received an answer. But this isn't new since I've been trying for basic questions too. I hope they answer.

Oh and thanks! It's not a big deal at all. She and my grandfather helped me and my dad a lot during my mom's coma and other stuff.

Experien

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

Wait, the hype has taken over and now I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get a Han Solo trailer and an Obi-Wan trilogy announced.

You know they barely started shooting Han Solo. Furthermore, we haven't even got an Episode VIII trailer, why would think we'd get a Solo one?

Einchy

Star Wars BeyBlades.
You know they barely started shooting Han Solo. Furthermore, we haven't even got an Episode VIII trailer, why would think we'd get a Solo one?

Almost like I was stating things that are obviously not going to happen as a joke.

We expecting any new merch from this thing? That the general public could get access too?
I'm really feeling the star wars and I'm thinking I might need a few figures and a couple more Funkos. Or should I wait for the Episode 8 media blowout.

marq_roq

Neo Member
Hey guys, remember when Celebration hid the presence of John Williams from the audience for an entire panel until after an amazing tribute video played and then they brought the lights up and he conducted a symphony through a heartbreaking performance of Princess Leia's theme, probably the most beautiful single piece of music he's ever written?

Remember that?

sku_001_04.png

I sure fucking do! I ended up having THEE best seat in the house! I was tearing up.

https://twitter.com/marq_roq/status/852622939350593540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom