• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They were talking about how Hera was called out during Rogue One.

'So she lived. She's the only one that lived.'

Cue everyone going ooooooohhhhhhh ehhhhhh craaaap

Hmmm, I don't believe it. No way they have the balls to pull that off in Rebels but I hope I'm wrong.

I guess it'll be a decent way to divine if he was joking or not!

I dont' think he was joking. I think he just slipped. The way those two reacted to him seemed pretty genuine. They covered it up pretty quick and Matt Wood turned it into making fun of Maul dying.

Bobby sees a lot of himself in him

I honestly don't remember if I do or don't.

He's okay.

He's like if the Internet grew its own Chris Hardwick, but way less needy.

I dont' think he was joking. I think he just slipped. The way those two reacted to him seemed pretty genuine. They covered it up pretty quick and Matt Wood turned it into making fun of Maul dying.

Why would Witwer know that though? If he did, that means they're ending the series next year, which contradicts what FPJ has been saying?

Boem

I would agree, but I just don't see (do I need to spoiler this?)
everyone except Hera and Chopper dying on Rebels. Later books/comics, whatever, that's all possible. Obviously Ezra is an issue. I just don't see them killing Ezra on that show, especially if Kanan, that purple thing and Sabine are dying as well. Maybe just Kanan and Purple Guy (honestly can't remember his name), but it gets to be too much soon, for what Rebels is.

I just think they were spontaneously talking and suddenly realized how it would sound to the audience. Not 100% convinced yet.

Would be funny though.

Einchy

Why wouldn't he? He talks with everyone involved. They probably bullshit about a lot of this stuff amongst themselves.

Eh, I dunno.

In past interviews it seems like Filoni doesn't even tell actors what will happen to their own characters. They seem mighty tight lipped over there.

Nah, I think he was goofin'. Sam wouldn't have access to any plans for these characters after S4. We know Hera lives because of Forces of Destiny, but that's it.

They seem mighty tight lipped over there.

I mean, yeah, but these stories have been done. a lot of the voice acting's already been recorded.

They're not that secretive. The way the show is done sorta makes that sorta secrecy harder to maintain.

I dunno. it's not the information that had me going "oh, whoops" it was all of their instant reactions to the words leaving his mouth.

I would agree, but I just don't see (do I need to spoiler this?)
everyone except Hera and Chopper dying on Rebels. Later books/comics, whatever, that's all possible. Obviously Ezra is an issue. I just don't see them killing Ezra on that show, especially if Kanan, that purple thing and Sabine are dying as well. Maybe just Kanan and Purple Guy (honestly can't remember his name), but it gets to be too much soon, for what Rebels is.

I just think they were spontaneously talking and suddenly realized how it would sound to the audience. Not 100% convinced yet.

Would be funny though.

Purple Guy is my new favorite Rebels character. Purple Guy's gun stick is a cool weapon too

It's Zeb ;)

Boem

His interviewing skills have the depth of a paper towel. The Lucas/Han one was so bad

And yeah the whole "OMG I'm nerding out" stuff seems fake

His screaming at Harisson Ford resulted in Ford suddenly doing an awkward Monty Python misquote in the weirdest British accent I've ever heard.

He's a monster.

Witwer could very well still be in the loop story-wise if he's still voicing Sheev.

There's this, too.

I don't think there's any reason to believe Wood & Witwer don't know what's happening with that show. I think it's probable they do. It certainly looked like a slip-up, and you'd think if it was just an off-the-cuff guess awkwardly reacted to, someone up there would think to say "Oh, I was just guessing, or wondering out loud, I dont' actually know."

But instead they pivoted quickly to goofing on Maul being dead so Sam could goof on himself safely.

That's the sorta thing that gets done when you don't wanna call any attention to what just happened at all.

I mean, it coulda just been a fumbled bit of off-the-cuff speculation that got overreacted to, sure. Shit, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes either. But it read like a fuckup.

I mean, it helps that it's a pretty obvious thing to speculate, too. But if that's the case (and it is) why not just immediately say "I don't know. Im' just guessing. I don't know what's going on."

Surfinn

His screaming at Harisson Ford resulted in Ford suddenly doing an awkward Monty Python misquote in the weirdest British accent I've ever heard.

He's a monster.
I mean don't get me wrong those guys are especially tough to interview for Star Wars but dude seems so one dimensional.

Nerdy kid me is here for this:

C9U4kc1XUAQUcgX.png

Nerdy adult me is also here for this.

Pachimari

Just finished watching Rogue One. That was pretty good. That one commander made of CGI was hella jarring though. And I'm sad the scene with the Stormtroopers in the water didn't make it in, and then one were we see an AT-AT shoot at Jyn and Carcassian from a frog perspective. It was also a little bit long, but overall I quite liked it, and yet I expected more out of the characters from the rebellion.

Boem

I mean don't get me wrong those guys are especially tough to interview for Star Wars but dude seems so one dimensional.

Oh yeah I would have fucked that interview up too. Worse than he did.

I would just mumble some non-words and stare at Ford for 5 full minutes until I could run to the bathroom and cry my eyes out.

I'd basically be Troy meeting Levar Burton.

sphagnum

Banned
Just finished watching Rogue One. That was pretty good. That one commander made of CGI was hella jarring though. And I'm sad the scene with the Stormtroopers in the water didn't make it in, and then one were we see an AT-AT shoot at Jyn and Carcassian from a frog perspective. It was also a little bit long, but overall I quite liked it, and yet I expected more out of the characters from the rebellion.

Have you seen the original trilogy? The CGI Imperial is Tarkin.

Surfinn

Oh yeah I would have fucked that interview up too. Worse than he did.

I would just mumble some non-words and stare at Ford for 5 full minutes until I could run to the bathroom and cry my eyes out.

I'd basically be Troy meeting Levar Burton.
Lol at the end they looked like somebody pulled a fire alarm

sphagnum

Banned
Trailer guess:

Rey and Luke on Ach-to
Kylo being broody
Space battle stuff
Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern
Finn and KMT riding the space horse
Walkers on the Resistance mine planet
Maybe Snoke's big ass ship
Leia

I have never not wanted to do something as much as go wait in this god forsaken line but here I am getting ready to head over like a fucking moron. Sounds like it'll be about the same number of people as last night when the doors open.

Einchy

I have never not wanted to do something as much as go wait in this god forsaken line but here I am getting ready to head over like a fucking moron. Sounds like it'll be about the same number of people as last night when the doors open.

Why do you hate life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom