• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey a gif that encapsulates my reaction to this weird shit

SHQHVXy.gif

It's fun attending in a Comic Con kind of way. You see people's costumes and stuff, and there's always smaller things happening. The big events basically require queueing up super early for entry wristbands though. The odds of just randomly bumping into celebs is low - if they're around, they tend to have places to be.

Okay I'll give it some thought. I wish it was just a little closer. I know why it's in Orlando (obv), but man...3.5 hour drives are no joke for me.

Maybe I'll just keep enjoying it with GAF.

Update as I was driving away I saw that the line actually cut through a wearhouse section rather than wrapping around the road. So it's a bit smaller than I thought, still huge though.

Pachimari

So just for fun, I tried giving The Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 1 a go to see what it was all about, and I quite enjoyed that. Both the style and all, and I can see myself getting sucked into the universe more because of its long-form format. I don't know what to think about the Droids getting voices though, it's kind of cute. Although I didn't like the Clankers, those were new. But I think it will be interesting seeing these clone troopers having personalities and also following the Republic and Empire trying to recruit people and planets to their side in the war.

Boem

We're all living through you Haloid. Do it.

My comfortable couch is just that on normal days, a comfortable couch. Reading constant updates on your heroic suffering turns that couch into a blessing.

Vashetti

Banned
So just for fun, I tried giving The Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 1 a go to see what it was all about, and I quite enjoyed that. Both the style and all, and I can see myself getting sucked into the universe more because of its long-form format. I don't know what to think about the Droids getting voices though, it's kind of cute. Although I didn't like the Clankers, those were new. But I think it will be interesting seeing these clone troopers having personalities and also following the Republic and Empire trying to recruit people and planets to their side in the war.

Make sure to look up the chronological order list, the episodes are not in the correct order.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Dude, the first episode is horrible so if you liked that, youll love the stuff people actually like which comes around season 2/3.

I think "Ambush" is a pretty good thematic and tonal indicator of the series as a whole, so if you liked that, you're pretty much set for most of the series.

If you haven't watched it before, it gets better and better and better as the seasons go on. By the end, it's some of the best work LFL ever did.

Isn't Brandon going? Why didn't anyone except me fuss at him for slacking last night?! I mean yes I'll probably regret not going but I'd like to head over to Hamill's Carrie Fisher tomorrow night and I'll probably still manages a streaming seat in the morning. I just literally can't move without hurting because the bag check and rules weren't really enforced like expected. And I didn't have time to buy a chair.

Pachimari

Make sure to look up the chronological order list, the episodes are not in the correct order.

Dude, the first episode is horrible so if you liked that, youll love the stuff people actually like which comes around season 2/3.

I think "Ambush" is a pretty good thematic and tonal indicator of the series as a whole, so if you liked that, you're pretty much set for most of the series.

If you haven't watched it before, it gets better and better and better as the seasons go on. By the end, it's some of the best work LFL ever did.
Wait, so should I watch in release order or in that chronological order?

Toa TAK

Banned
Isn't Brandon going? Why didn't anyone except me fuss at him for slacking last night?! I mean yes I'll probably regret not going but I'd like to head over to Hamill's Carrie Fisher tomorrow night and I'll probably still manages a streaming seat in the morning. I just literally can't move without hurting because the bag check and rules weren't really enforced like expected. And I didn't have time to buy a chair.
Man up mothafucka

And get to that stream, School and WorkGAF are counting on you.

sphagnum

Banned

Soon you'll be joining us on the Community side, reading every comic and book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom